Johnny Weir Journal Update ! | Page 12 | Golden Skate

Johnny Weir Journal Update !

Bennett

Record Breaker
What happens regarding Johnny's remarks that are outrageous and offensive to some people is that his fans will just excuse it by saying, "It's just Johnny being Johnny." As if he has license to say whatever whenever he pleases, regardless of the content or to whom it is directed. I get so sick of that attitude. Why does Johnny's outrageous mouth get excused over and over.

.....???

Last edited:

Brandi_DeLain

On the Ice
OldSkaterMom ~ you and I will have to agree to disagree about Evan's versatility. Every word of your long-winded post may be spot on, but the problem is this . . . all of Evan's programs look basically the same to me. His jump technique gets on my nerves (underrotated 3 Axels/quads), his flailing arms are very distracting, and some of his spins need to be broadcast on the travel channel. That is my opinion. I have nothing against Evan as a person. He is a very handsome, talented young man, and a great competitor. His skating does not move me, though. It's as simple as that.

Vincero

Rinkside
I think that Evan can be versatile. I think his Ave Maria exhibition program was quite a change for Evan, and his Singin' in the Rain program was quite different from Carmen and Tosca (and I prefer the SitR program actually). I guess he just doesn't show his versatility much in his competitive programs, but I do believe he can be versatile.

Snowgirl

On the Ice
Well people don't like "Johnny being Johnny" either.

Yes, and I see it in those threads perfectly well, people don't hesitate to express it. The same with Evan.
If his fans have trouble expressing that they like him (as you have stated, they are afraid), that's their own trouble.

Last edited:

jennylovskt

Medalist
OldSkaterMom ~ you and I will have to agree to disagree about Evan's versatility. Every word of your long-winded post may be spot on, but the problem is this . . . all of Evan's programs look basically the same to me. His jump technique gets on my nerves (underrotated 3 Axels/quads), his flailing arms are very distracting, and some of his spins need to be broadcast on the travel channel. That is my opinion. I have nothing against Evan as a person. He is a very handsome, talented young man, and a great competitor. His skating does not move me, though. It's as simple as that.

Basically, I agree with this. I wish I could like his skating more.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
If his fans have trouble expressing that they like him (as you have stated, they are afraid), that's their own trouble.

I've never been "afraid" to voice my like for Evan (or for that matter my "dislike" for Johnny)... I can't imagine why other fans would be other than the fact that they know that jumping in and reading the other side will upset them. And that's they're own feeling and they have the self-control and self-awareness to understand that this isn't for them.

I had issues with it too, at first, but I learned quickly (thanks to many of you lol). I'm still opinionated, and everyone's still wrong, I just don't say it often these days :laugh: (in the words of Gorsha Sur: "JOKE!!!!" - if anyone gets that I'd be surprised lol)

Snowgirl

On the Ice
I was referring to OldSkaterMom words that the majority of Evan's fans are afraid, so there I'm referring to this particular scared group, not you. :p
She was wondering, why no one says about some Evan's comments "Why, that's Evan being Evan!" The anwser is in her own remark - because they are scared :laugh:
Or don't want to, as you have stated.
*really, I could not care less about Lysacek's fans motivation...*

MissIzzy

Final Flight
In my experiences most fans of a particular skater, or fans of particular anything, for that matter, are not afraid to say exactly what they like on general topic forums such as this one. Accusations of persecution must be taken with a grain of salt.

Vodka Shot

On the Ice
I think you summed up his skating perfectly. I really wish I could like his skating because I want to root for the skaters from my country and because he does geniunely seem like an alright guy, but I just can't get over his jump technique, lack of choreography, similar programs, and sloppy skating skills. I swear to God Carmen and Tosca look like the same program to me.

Maybe congress will enact anti-Evan fan discrimination laws or something. Seriously, all fans of every skater get blasted at times. If you like Johnny you're automatically insane and biased according to many so it comes with the territory no matter who you prefer. Personally I'd hate to follow a sport that people aren't passionate about.

OldSkaterMom

Match Penalty
I was referring to OldSkaterMom words that the majority of Evan's fans are afraid, so there I'm referring to this particular scared group, not you. :p
She was wondering, why no one says about some Evan's comments "Why, that's Evan being Evan!" The anwser is in her own remark - because they are scared :laugh:
Or don't want to, as you have stated.
*really, I could not care less about Lysacek's fans motivation...*

I have to correct this notion myself. I have checked in with Evan fans, and basically the opinion is that they know about the trash being said about Evan and they choose to ignore it because they know it isn't true. Furthermore, it really doesn't do any good to participate in these general forums, because if you really are an Evan fan, it just gets disgusting. So no one is "afraid or scared." I have not been on this forum for very long. The last time I was on a general forum was during the Olympics. That one got ugly too. It is just the nature of the beast.

By now everyone knows what I think and like about Evan Lysacek. For some reason, not very many see what I see. But who cares???

By now everyone knows what I think and like about Evan Lysacek. For some reason, not very many see what I see.
Yes, they do! According to the 2007 USFS Readers' Choice Award voting, Evan is the second most poplular skater in the U.S. :rock:

The only one with more votes was the Miami University synchro team. :rock:

Caroline Zhang was third. :love:

So there you go!

Brandi_DeLain

On the Ice
Yes, they do! According to the 2007 USFS Readers' Choice Award voting, Evan is the second most poplular skater in the U.S. :rock:

The only one with more votes was the Miami University synchro team. :rock:

Caroline Zhang was third. :love:

So there you go!

Kinda funny since Evan didn't even make it out of the first round of the Marshall's fan voting event (April 14, 2007). Sasha ended up winning that with Johnny being a close second. :clap:

Last edited:

Vodka Shot

On the Ice
Kinda funny since Evan didn't even make it out of the first round of the Marshall's fan voting event (April 14, 2006). Sasha ended up winning that with Johnny being a close second. :clap:

Even odder when you consider that the year before Kimmie won and she didn't do so well on the Marshalls either.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I didn't vote for the Marshall's thing... I assume others didn't as well...

bekalc

Record Breaker
I never watch Marshalls and so well I don't vote. While I think Johnny's more talented, if I had to vote for one, I'd vote for Evan....But I don't care enough either way to actually vote.

If you clear your cookies you can vote over and over. I didn't care about the 2006 Marshall's, but in 2005 I voted ten times for Matt Savoie. :)

seafoam

Rinkside

I think the Readers' Choice is more an indication of skaters who have had a stellar year, rather than a straight-up popularity contest. Johnny didn't exactly have a great season last year, so it's not surprising he wouldn't turn up on that list, lol. I think he was one of the finalists in 2006, however, even though he didn't do so well at the Olympics and Worlds. So it's a bit of both, I guess.