Johnny Weir Journal Update ! | Page 13 | Golden Skate

Johnny Weir Journal Update !

Brandi_DeLain

On the Ice
Even odder when you consider that the year before Kimmie won and she didn't do so well on the Marshalls either.

I agree. I also edited my original post . . . I had the Marshall's date as April 14, 2006 when it was actually April 14, 2007. I know you guys knew what I meant, though. :thumbsup:

Vodka Shot

On the Ice
You can cookie clear and vote many times for both the reader's award thingy and the Marshalls thingy, also you don't have to be in America. So, if a skater has more of a world following and their different fan sites across the globe work together they can get many many votes. For the Marshalls though since those over seas can't see the show there has to be someone in America to let them know went to log on and vote. Of course that's kinda cheating....

jennylovskt

Medalist
You can cookie clear and vote many times for both the reader's award thingy and the Marshalls thingy, also you don't have to be in America. So, if a skater has more of a world following and their different fan sites across the globe work together they can get many many votes. For the Marshalls though since those over seas can't see the show there has to be someone in America to let them know went to log on and vote. Of course that's kinda cheating....

Thanks! So the Reader's Award is not reliable either.:biggrin:

OldSkaterMom

Match Penalty
I would say Miami Univrsity won because they are the first US synchro team to win a World medal and there are a ton of synchro skaters.

Evan won second place because of his fabulous skate at Nationals.

The year before Kimmie won because of her win at 2006 Worlds.

I don't think USFSA picks them. I know I voted. I did not vote for the Marshalls thing. The commentators all chose Evan.

discoduck

On the Ice
Nor has anyone who has ever skated to Carmen ever tried to portray Carmen as the character except, perhaps, Katarina Witt with her death scene at the end. I believe Evan's Carmen will become a classic.

I beg to differ. Katarina was Carmen. From the time she stepped on the ice, she was in character. The entire program is Carmen's story from flirting with Don Jose to her death at the end. No one ever captured the essence of that music like Katarina.

attyfan

Custom Title
Medalist
I beg to differ. Katarina was Carmen. From the time she stepped on the ice, she was in character. The entire program is Carmen's story from flirting with Don Jose to her death at the end. No one ever captured the essence of that music like Katarina.

I actually thought that Maria Butyskaya's "Habanera" was a classic -- for a single skating performance. However, Witt, Boitano and Orser in "Carmen on Ice" was a totally different matter.

Maybe, some new ice show can pick up on the idea ... not necessarily "Carmen on Ice", but "Turandot on Ice" (with S/Z in the leads?) or different musicals as well as operas?

discoduck

On the Ice
However, Witt, Boitano and Orser in "Carmen on Ice" was a totally different matter.

Maybe, some new ice show can pick up on the idea ... not necessarily "Carmen on Ice", but "Turandot on Ice" (with S/Z in the leads?) or different musicals as well as operas?

"Carmen On Ice!" :rock: You're right, it really is a classic. I would adore "Turandot On Ice" with S/Z!