2021-2022 National Championship Index | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2021-2022 National Championship Index

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
I’m not sure they’re having one. The federation were asked a while ago on social media if spots for the Olympics were being decided at a Nationals and they said no, they would be decided at other competitions.
:thank: for this info! Well, we will have quite a few Georgian skaters at Golden Spin this week, so it will be like a mini-Nationals. :)

Tatjana

On the Ice
Hi! Does anyone know when the Swedish Championships are held? I tried to find it on the skatesweden.se website, but I was not successful. I saw some regional events only. Thanks.

Country
Norway
Hi! Does anyone know when the Swedish Championships are held? I tried to find it on the skatesweden.se website, but I was not successful. I saw some regional events only. Thanks.
Maybe @Jontor can help.

All though, I think it´s usually in December. I see in 2019/2020 it was in mid December. I think it was cancelled last season all though i´m not sure.

Country
Norway
Sorrt, I don't know anything more than you guys. I suspect it's cancelled like last year.
So I guess in that case Sweden will look at recent competitions to decide who is going to EC? Josefin and Nikolaj probably though?

Most likely Norwegians Nationals would either be cancelled or postponed now. New strict measures came today lasting for 4 weeks and it includes cancelling sports events. Nationals would be in last weekend of the 4 weeks period so that is really bad luck...

All though looking at the current Covid-situation in Norway, worse then ever, it most likely would last more then 4 weeks so I don´t think Nationals would happen this year either :(

Well the EC-spot is decided already so we don´t need Nationals in that matter. I hope Nordics Open will still happen. And EC. Fingers crossed

Country
Norway
Norwegian Nationals is comfirmed postponed because of new Covid measures lasting for 4 weeks. There will be a new date later, I guess we just have to wait and see what happens with the measures. I hope it will happen. Last year it ended up being cancelled after first postponing, but because the measures lasted for so long it was not possible to arrange.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
I think I read somewhere that the plan is to hold Swedish Nationals April 7-10. And that skaters can qualify through the Elite series.

Here is the explanation of the competition alternations due to the pandemic: https://www.svenskkonstakning.se/Nyheter/sasongen20212022-enannorlundatavlingssasong/

The Swedish Championships in singles / couples / ice dancing will also be moved forward this season and arranged in April instead of December.

Last edited: