2011 Worlds were 10 years ago | Golden Skate

2011 Worlds were 10 years ago

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ten years ago 2011 Worlds were held in Moscow, Russia. As I was posting videos in our Media Archive, I was struck by how many of our current skaters participated although some had different partners. It was a lot of fun to go back in time and see these skaters early skates along with others who went on to great victories.

As a teaser, see if you can find Charlene Guignard, Elene Gedevanishvili as blondes, skaters who now coach such as Victor Pfeiffer, Florent Amodio, Brian Joubert, Sergei Voronov, choreographers Misha Ge, Joey Russell, and individual competitors turned ice dancers Daisuke Takahashi and Juulia Turkkila.

Enjoy and please share your memories!

PS - Set the filter to ascending to watch the event in order (on the blue bar just above the videos)

Last edited:

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am getting ready to upload 2013 this week but cannot find much of gala videos or Hanyu gala of all things.
Anyone able to help?

Last edited:

merleice

Rinkside
I am getting ready to upload 2013 this week but cannot find much of gala videos or Hanyu gala of all things.
Anyone able to help?
Am pretty certain Hanyu did not perform in the 2013 gala; he had competed with knee and ankle injuries.

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Am pretty certain Hanyu did not perform in the 2013 gala; he had competed with knee and ankle injuries.
I was pretty sure he did not skate but wasn't sure. Thanks for confirming so quickly>:thank: