2022 U.S. Championships: Senior Women's Short Program | Page 38 | Golden Skate

2022 U.S. Championships: Senior Women's Short Program

Tomadeur

On the Ice
Country
Germany
I guess she's hoping to get it down for the Olympics? It might get her in the lead here, but against Kamila, there's no chance.
I would not recommend any skater to look at Kamila. But she will most probably need a clean skate with a 3A to have a small chance at the podium

What will be really interesting if the US fed is willing to take a risk in the teams SP with an unstable 3A.

ucrgirl

On the Ice
I'm ticked with that obviously manipulated scoring. The judges sure helped out Liu as much as they possibly could. Aside from the obvious error, Liu is nowhere near the basic skater Mariah or Karen are, the arms are incredibly uncontrolled and messy, and the spins are nowhere near the same quality. I'd say we can quite clearly see they've already decided she's making the Olympics, no matter what.
NBC and USFSA have had all of their eggs in the Alyssa Liu basket for years. (remember all the talk of a future Olympic medalist back in 2019 or 2020?) She is a good skater but I don't think it is good to put all of that pressure on very young children.

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
#AlysaLiu - "I feel pretty good. My program was easier to do here than in Colorado due to the altitude. I'm glad I went for the 3A! This doesn't feel too much different than other competitions and I know everyone and am around friends."

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
Seeing Lindsay in a senior competition does highlight the two key things she needs to improve: speed and projection. I hope she can get there.

Disagree that she has weak skating skills - they seem pretty good to me, she's just very careful and precise, resulting in slower movement.