2024 U.S. Nationals Senior Pairs Free Skate | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2024 U.S. Nationals Senior Pairs Free Skate

Rebecca Moose

proud Tonia K fan since '95
On the Ice
Country
United-States
Danny is spectacular, but I'm not sure I agree with this outcome.

Granted they had a lead coming in, but they also had some fall deductions. And performance-wise, it was very flat to my eye.
agreed. 2+ PCS advantage over P/F and E/M is a joke. That performance was so flat, and while they have some fantastic pairs elements, the program totally breaks and grinds to a halt to prepare for those hopeless throw triples.

I'd also argue P/F and E/M had more interesting programs and they were better performed.

typical USFS bullshit.

Last edited:

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Haven’t seen a championship like this since 1986 Nationals. Watson/Oppegard lost to Wachsman/Waggoner who also fell. The right team did win. Tiffany Chin lost to Debi Thomas. This was a bit worse cause of the flu…

Efimova/Mitrofanov did not get enough credit for being nearly clean.

Amazingly the next Nationals everyone was much sharper and ready by 1988 to do very well.

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think McBeath/Parkman have a ton of potential.

I know she doesn't want to use the blade issue as an excuse, but I hope that somewhere in the back of her head, she does shake this program off because of the blade issue, and doesn't ruminate too much on the what ifs.
I don’t think she will. Are they to go to 4CC - cause they need time to fix this. Where is Mark LadwIg - I heard he is there.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don’t think she will. Are they to go to 4CC - cause they need time to fix this. Where is Mark LadwIg - I heard he is there.

If you’re talking about Katie they can’t compete Internationally yet. They aren’t even on the alternate list.