2024 U.S. Nationals Senior Pairs Free Skate | Page 14 | Golden Skate

2024 U.S. Nationals Senior Pairs Free Skate

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
He hasn't been released from Georgia yet, but they should be able to compete internationally next season.
This is probably a good thing, they probably could not fix better in time.. This will only make them stronger. Next event they will be joking about nothing could be worse than the broken blade...

cailuj365

On the Ice
Ilia has had boot problems for the last few weeks and has not trained consistently, apparently almost thought about withdrawing. Bless him, but we could be set up for a similar type of session tomorrow.

Hope to see Efimova/Mitrofanov and McBeath/Parkman on the international stage next year. Impressed with both of them, particularly E/M and would not have been upset if they had won. I'm sorry, but I can't get on board with a pairs team that fell on all three of their throw elements as being the national champion. Kam/O'Shea's throw 3Lo is very small as well. They do have a very nice SBS 3S, but I don't think their other pairs elements or PCS components were better than their competitors'.

Crowdproud

On the Ice
Efimova / Mitrofanov are not eligible to compete internationally until next season, so it would make it natural for the judges to award the top stop to the other team.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
It wasn't vintage pairs skating but it was exciting - who was going to win. Since Efimova isn't eleiblble for worlds I think they will send CHan and Howe but there are many reason in fairness they shouldn't. They were the second US team last year and they haven't competed in 10 mos. Its not like they were world podium team or even former US champs. But the US doesn't have much.

Good on Kam and O Shea for taking the opportunity and working it. They still seem like an odd team. Maybe they could do Orphan Annie I wonder if Alexa is wishing she was competing. The Japense have not been seen all year. we willgt a glimpse of them next week. USFSS has some interesting choices and decisions to make.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
^^^^^The judges did not score E/M the best in the SP. Frustrating as it may be sometimes that is how a competition is won,
two segments. :)

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
And dance. Although that one is a bit more understandable.
Does that mean commentators will stop dragging out that tired old chestnut “you can’t WIN with the short program but you can LOSE with the short program"?
Am I correct that Ellie is only 17?
Ellie is 19. They could marry and no one would bat an eyelash (they won't, Danny has a long standing girlfriend, but they could in theory). I don't understand the pearl clutching over this.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I’m not sure she landed any in practice, either.
I hear she's not consistently landing them in training. But that could be someone who's up in arms about their age difference. They won so clearly they know more than I about what they should be doing in competition.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It wasn't vintage pairs skating but it was exciting - who was going to win. Since Efimova isn't eleiblble for worlds I think they will send CHan and Howe but there are many reason in fairness they shouldn't. They were the second US team last year and they haven't competed in 10 mos. Its not like they were world podium team or even former US champs. But the US doesn't have much.

Good on Kam and O Shea for taking the opportunity and working it. They still seem like an odd team. Maybe they could do Orphan Annie I wonder if Alexa is wishing she was competing. The Japense have not been seen all year. we willgt a glimpse of them next week. USFSS has some interesting choices and decisions to make.
What do you mean by "odd?" Other than the throw triples, which I admit are an issue, they are STUNNING. I pray they get the throw triples and then they will be a force to be reckoned with internationally. :pray::pray::pray: