What Is the Most Difficult Conversation You Had With Yourself? | Golden Skate

What Is the Most Difficult Conversation You Had With Yourself?

Joe Mendoza

Virtuously Shady Diva
Final Flight
this girl chat topic from The Real struck me and thought to ask you guys the same question -

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Deciding to go or not to go to US Nationals this year. 🥲
THAT was a tough one and I wondered how I would feel at this point about it. Now I KNOW I made the right decision for me....next nats could be tough. If cheep hotels are not available, then the trip becomes very expensive. Over $3,000.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Hummmm.... Dropping out of engineering . Made the right one there.....didnt know it at the time.
Breaking up with wife 1.0. No drama there but made the right decision there also.....
NOT having back surgery. That one worked out well...
I have to say that of all the hard decisions, I really cant think of one that I made that I regret......yet.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Deciding to abstain from alcohol permanantly three years ago.

I didn't have a dependency issue, but it runs in my family.

I thought, "Why run the risk? It's not contributing positively to my life anyway."

I was mildly concerned that I would have to explain this to friends and dinner companions. Turns out, I didn't. When I said, "no thank you" it was accepted without comment. Nobody really cared one way or the other if I had a beer while watching the game.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Deciding to abstain from alcohol permanantly three years ago.

I didn't have a dependency issue, but it runs in my family.

I thought, "Why run the risk? It's not contributing positively to my life anyway."

I was mildly concerned that I would have to explain this to friends and dinner companions. Turns out, I didn't. When I said, "no thank you" it was accepted without comment. Nobody really cared one way or the other if I had a beer while watching the game.
Good for you! Good story. If it doesnt add to the quality of your life, who do it? You dont have to explain anything to anyone. My dad was borderline alchoholic. Father in law 1.0 was too. For the last 50 years I have had one beer with dinner and maybe a happy hour drink. On cruise ships I have two drinks a day. During covid, and a very long hard winter, I light a fire in the "fireplace" at 5 pm, sit next to it to get warm in the dark and gloom and have a glass of wine or a wine cooler. Cheese, crackers and picstachios. And read the paper. For me, it adds to my life in a positive way. I dont understand getting drunk. Saw enough of that in 6 years of college....and drunks make me very nervous.