2022 Challenge Cup | Page 16 | Golden Skate

2022 Challenge Cup

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Oona needs 182 points to get the spot. With that SP Jenni is is not going to get the total score SB, I suppose. Oona has got from SP about 60 and from FS 113, but not at the same competition.

Finnish federation has good homepages, it is easy to find information there.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Fall on the first jump. Hand down on the second jump. But the third jump was absolutely beautiful!

Yep, that's Jenni in a nutshell.

When you put those couple of mistakes to one side, everything was beautiful. But, the mistakes will be costly. Especially when she is in a battle for the slot at Worlds, and one of the other contenders is coming up later.

Ach, for goodness sake. Technical difficulties mean that she is having to wait longer. Yeah, have a drink while you wait. You may as well. We've already seen today how long these delays can take.

Mmmm. TES and PCS almost identical. 29.12 TES, and 29.36 PCS.

Into the lead with a score of 57.48.

:cheer: WELL DONE JENNI!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think Lindsay nearly ran that combo into the boards. She had to bail on it. Too bad.

But, and I say this cautiously, I think there was a little more refinement to the actual skating since US Nationals. She still has a way to go, but it wasn't nearly as clunky looking.

figureskatingandrainbows

It's Oka ShinnosuSLAY Season!
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
I think Lindsay nearly ran that combo into the boards. She had to bail on it. Too bad.

But, and I say this cautiously, I think there was a little more refinement to the actual skating since US Nationals. She still has a way to go, but it wasn't nearly as clunky looking.
She looked okay from a boards standpoint on replay (still too close for comfort though) but she didn't get tight in the air. Her legs were all over the place.

I thought her movement quality was far improved here. Perhaps less nerves, or maybe she's been working on it.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I was counting it out during the Warm-Up. We were supposed to have 21 skaters, but that has fallen to 16.

The skaters that have withdrawn are:

#1 Aya HATAKAWA (DEU)
#4 Ginevra NEGRELLO (ITA)
#5 Linnea KILSAND (NOR)
#8 Maia SORENSEN (DEN)
#15 Kristina ISAEV (DEU)​

Hope they are all well

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

tsuyoboogie

"Dedicate your heart" & Slay like an Ackerman
Record Breaker
So unhappy for Sota, because I'm crazy worried the Fed will dump him now as old and without potential, and stop sending him to events. Can't be happy now, eventhough the placements are deserved and both Malinin and Selevko skated really well.
If only he can skate his FS flawlessly next season 😥
Don't worry, fed will continue to support him as long as he stays with Yamada.
If he was still with Onishi-sensei he would not have been assigned as many events this season.
Only thing that bothers me is Mihoko's "lack of transtions into jumps" choreo is really evident with Sota (possibly due to his stature and carriage?)
This seems to be negatively affecting not only his TR score (as it should) but his other component marks, as well.
Anyway, I'm sure we'll see him more comfortable with Yamada/Higuchi technique and with more jump consistency next season. ☺️

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
We don't get to see Jojo that often, but this trip was definitely worth it. I think that was the first time she has broken the 50 point mark in the SP!!!

:cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points:

:cheer: WELL DONE!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Did i understand right? She didn't get her scores yet?

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
What a pleasant skate from Nina! She had a smile on her face the whole time ❤️

Yep, although Natasha is the skater that tends to get sent to the Majors, there are some other pretty good skaters in the British ranks.

I'm looking forward to watching the last 2 episodes of "Freeze" to see if Nina is featured (she's already been shown in a brief interview clip).

Oooh, the technical problems must be really bad. Nina's been told that she won't be getting her scores until the resurfacing. And the skating is going to continue.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Well, the skating didn't continue for long. Looks like the wrong music for Niki WORIES.

Honestly, I'm not surprised. With so many withdrawals, they were bound to miss removing somebody's music from the playlist. (One of the skaters that withdrew, Maia SORENSEN, was due to skate before Niki).

The audience are getting rowdy. Well, it must be frustrating for them too.

The announcer got very excited when introducing her again.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited: