2021-22 Coaching Changes & Country/Category Switches | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2021-22 Coaching Changes & Country/Category Switches

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeldaJo21

Rinkside
Correct, although they don't really train in Wheaton anymore since the ION facility opened in Virginia. Tanith was pretty hard on Molly's skating during the nationals broadcast... was kind of surprised to hear about the move...
According to Molly…….Charlie & Meryl have been her skating idols since she was a young girl. I guess it’s a dream come true for her to get to train under Charlie🤷‍♀️

Sai Bon

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
Correct, although they don't really train in Wheaton anymore since the ION facility opened in Virginia. Tanith was pretty hard on Molly's skating during the nationals broadcast... was kind of surprised to hear about the move...
What did Tanith say?

labgoat

Working on Costumes contest & REWATCHES
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Seems like Molly took the critique to heart and arrived saying teach me how to fix this. If I am correct I love this attitude and look forward to good things. I already like this teams chemistry.

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
But that would surely be one of the reasons why Yehor and Molly would reach out to Tanith/ Charlie and Co. Tanith offered constructive criticism, not raking over the coals. Tanith raved about Yehor's talents, and then she said that he was unfortunately skating down to Molly's abilities, when Molly needs to be skating up to Yehor's talents, in order for their partnership to grow in a successful direction!

If I heard that someone said this about me and my skating partner, I'd definitely reach out to them, especially when they have a school, and happen to be good coaches, as well as champion ice dancers!

When someone as skilled as Tanith is able to see what you are lacking and to express the critique so well, why wouldn't you want to work with such a coach in order to improve?! Working directly with Tanith/ Charlie, et. al. at MIDA, should make it possible to achieve what Tanith was talking about. This move by Yehor/ Molly makes all kinds of sense.

ETA:
I totally agree with @labgoat's post. I happened to post my comments prior to seeing labgoat's similar viewpoints.

Last edited:

labgoat

Working on Costumes contest & REWATCHES
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
But that would surely be one of the reasons why Yehor and Molly would reach out to Tanith/ Charlie and Co. Tanith offered constructive criticism, not raking over the coals. Tanith raved about Yehor's talents, and then she said that he was unfortunately skating down to Molly's abilities, when Molly needs to be skating up to Yehor's talents, in order for their partnership to grow in a successful direction!

If I heard that someone said this about me and my skating partner, I'd definitely reach out to them, especially when they have a school, and happen to be good coaches, as well as champion ice dancers!

When someone as skilled as Tanith is able to see what you are lacking and to express the critique so well, why wouldn't you want to work with such a coach in order to improve?! Working directly with Tanith/ Charlie, et. al. at MIDA, should make it possible to achieve what Tanith was talking about. This move by Yehor/ Molly makes all kinds of sense.

ETA:
I totally agree with @lagboat's post. I happened to post my comments prior to seeing lagboat's similar viewpoints.
I agree with all you said except that I am labgoat not lagboat

CrazyKittenLady

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Anastasia Shabotova has been released (expelled would be more appropriate) from the Ukranian Federation.

https://twitter.com/AnythingGOE/status/1506677559240581126
So I read the statement from the Ukrainian Fed linked in the tweet and to me it seems she was just dismissed from the National Team, not from the Fed. But I don't speak Ukrainian and the translation is somewhat ambiguous. Maybe someone can clarify?

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
Going to wait for official translation or confirmation if there are indeed unclarities if it's from the country or from the national team. The former wouldn't surprise me though.

pearly

Record Breaker
So I read the statement from the Ukrainian Fed linked in the tweet and to me it seems she was just dismissed from the National Team, not from the Fed. But I don't speak Ukrainian and the translation is somewhat ambiguous. Maybe someone can clarify?
Ah, ok. The tweets also mention the national team.

Amei

Record Breaker
Going to wait for official translation or confirmation if there are indeed unclarities if it's from the country or from the national team. The former wouldn't surprise me though.

Even if it's only the National team kicking her out and not the Fed, I think the end result is the same - her career as a Ukrainian skater is over.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

ETA:
I totally agree with @labgoat's post. I happened to post my comments prior to seeing labgoat's similar viewpoints.
I’m very excited about this move!

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I still think Charlie and Co. are a work in progress as choreographers and coaches. Scott Moir, Lambiel, Abbott, Buttle, et al were great skaters but coaching - transferring/teaching skill, artistry and inspiring/motivating and get the best out of their students takes talent, effort and maybe some education. Being a great skater does not mean great coach necessarily. Buttle, Bourne, Krylova, Dubreil and Lauzon, Orser, Ravi Walia, to a point Tracey Wainman, The Ponamarenko's ??? (I am having a brain freeze - 1992 dance champs), Tarasova, Mishkin,ae some examples of success. I do like that not everyone is going to IAM. As much as there are complaints about team Tuber. one could say the same as IAM - do we want to have so much power with one school. one day IAM will come to pass and they will b like Shipland or Zueva. Coaches are kind of like fashion I guess. Not everyone has the longeivity of a Frank Carroll or Carlo fassi.

Status
Not open for further replies.