2023 Four Continents: Info and Pre-game Chat | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2023 Four Continents: Info and Pre-game Chat

nguyhm

On the Ice
There are hotels within walking distance that border the back end of the parking lot. If you do a street view of the arena, you can see them.
The nightly rate (members) for a studio with one king bed and sofa bed at the Residence Inn is $216 with option to cancel one day prior to arrival date.

cl2

Final Flight
I've heard that higher elevation makes your jumps easier to rotate because there's less oxygen (and that's why all of the Colorado skaters UR) so maybe there's some advantages there too.

I'm sorry to all the Australians, I know everyone was really looking forward to being able to go to a skating event for once.
Maybe gravity at that altitude is a tad less than at sea level? 😜

macy

Record Breaker
do we know when a schedule is released or when tickets go on sale typically?

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
do we know when a schedule is released or when tickets go on sale typically?
Well, I remember finding out that the 2019 4CC was happening in Anaheim from an advertisement in the 2018 GPF program booklet. Therefore, I suspect that tickets for the 2022 4CC would be on sale before December...

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
4 CCs 2012.
PaulE and I
aaaclowns.JPG
Seat Mate Miki...very nice young lady...actually spoke some English.
DSCF3155.JPG

mao 2.JPG

So many nice banners
mao.JPG
P1090994.JPG
P1100047.JPG
banners.JPG

World famous Canadian photog David Carmichael, and Igor S. like dogs!
a igor.JPG
Dogs wont judge you
dog.JPG

Note crowd size. Or lack there of. Now if Shoma or Yu know who shows up....
crowds.JPG

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I’ll guess I’ll go. But I’m sorry to see Australians lose another chance to see 4CC in person. It’s very disapointing especially since so many countries refuse to host it. Aussies showed that they are very supportive audiences in the JGP and great host.

I’m not looking forward to seeing the crash fest during the FS/FD. The altitude there is beastly. That’s why I call it MACS (Monstrous Altitude of Colorado Spring.)
I did see some skater go on O2 after skating. I live and work at 2500 and hike at 9000 so I must have big lungs.....

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Warning. I looked into booking the La Quinta and Wynham rewards is not offering it yet...so I went to reservations dot com and they wanted all the money up front. $124 plus pirate fees. They said there was a cancellation program but I couldnt find a link. Will check tomorrow on a room.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Welcome back Chris. Looks like a great trip!...I was looking at the 4 Continents schedule from last year. Not sure if they follow the same basic schedule every year, but what I saw was that practices are Tues. and Weds, competition Thurs. to Sat., and gala Sunday...I am going for convenience as far as the hotels go. I booked (online) a reservation from Monday to Monday at both Residence Inn and Hampton, just to get something for now. Both hotels have very lenient cancellation policies and both are super close to the arena. I called Residence Inn, and she said you walk across the parking lot from their hotel, definitely no car needed. Hampton is about $300 cheaper for a week's stay. The reviews from La Quinta sounded pretty scary! Looks like there is an approximate 10% daily hotel tax.

Your previous 4CC pictures are awesome Chris! Looks like a great time...It's a definite maybe (?!) for me as to whether I'll end up going. Like everyone else, I had hoped to learn the GP assignments today to know what my plans for the season would be.

Last edited:

Ross74

Medalist
Welcome back Chris. Looks like a great trip!...I was looking at the 4 Continents schedule from last year. Not sure if they follow the same basic schedule every year, but what I saw was that practices are Tues. and Weds, competition Thurs. to Sat., and gala Sunday...I am going for convenience as far as the hotels go. I booked (online) a reservation from Monday to Monday at both Residence Inn and Hampton, just to get something for now. Both hotels have very lenient cancellation policies and both are super close to the arena. I called Residence Inn, and she said you walk across the parking lot from their hotel, definitely no car needed. Hampton is about $300 cheaper for a week's stay. The reviews from La Quinta sounded pretty scary! Looks like there is approximately a 10% daily hotel tax.

Your previous 4CC pictures are awesome Chris! Looks like a great time...It's a definite maybe (?!) for me as to whether I'll end up going. Like everyone else, I had hoped to learn the GP assignments today to know what my plans for the season would be.
I was at the arena last night and was amazed at how close the Hampton Inn is.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Oh for Chris, of course! He probably called the hotel and checked to see it's on the buffet! :biggrin:
If Shoma comes maybe my adopted daughter will come! I told her I had a spare bed and she muttered something like "When Haidies Freezes over" or something like that. Maybe I could put up a grand daughter!
a ac and me.jpg
Fumie 2002 worlds ex.jpg
At least Fumie appreciates my comments about her epic 2001-2 season! LOL!

macy

Record Breaker
i have never visited Colorado before, is the weather pretty bad that time of year? Anything I should anticipate or plan for?

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If Shoma comes maybe my adopted daughter will come! I told her I had a spare bed and she muttered something like "When Haidies Freezes over" or something like that. Maybe I could put up a grand daughter!
That would be great if she could come, and it's not that far for her.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
i have never visited Colorado before, is the weather pretty bad that time of year? Anything I should anticipate or plan for?
Depends on what "bad" means to you. I found this thread that shows what Feb. 2022 weather was like. Kinda seems like "expect anything" might be a good way to describe it.