Shun Sato | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Shun Sato

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
As a native of Sendai and as a fan, Shun Sato sent a message on the occasion of Yuzuru Hanyu's moving to professional athlete:

With GP cities now known, are skaters' assignments known too? I really hope Shun will get two GP assignments.

Leocadia

On the Ice
He did! Congratulations! Alas components were scored, let's say, as unexplainably as usual, and he doesn't medal this year.
He scored almost 10 points lower in PCS than he did at GP Espoo, in the free!

Now I know it’s a different competition with different judges, and GPF judges weren’t very generous in PCS for most men, but Shun had an excellent skate and I don’t really understand why he seems to get consistently lower PCS than some other skaters.

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
He scored almost 10 points lower in PCS than he did at GP Espoo, in the free!

Now I know it’s a different competition with different judges, and GPF judges weren’t very generous in PCS for most men, but Shun had an excellent skate and I don’t really understand why he seems to get consistently lower PCS than some other skaters.
Well, Sota Yamamoto had 4 points less in PCS than at his last GP. Only Shoma Uno had a rise in PCS.
Think what you want... and I like Shoma's skating, but I like fair scoring too. (New PCS scoring rules doesn't help, either, their promoters had to resort to very controversial ways to get them "voted".)

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
Today was a day of falls and pops for Men. Shun is 5th after the Short Program.
I wish him the best for the Free!

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
I can say I'm really happy that Shun Sato has been chosen for Four Continents Championships.
I hope he'll do wonders there, and I hope he can have another competition afterwards, before the end of the season.