Stars on Ice USA 2023 | Golden Skate

Stars on Ice USA 2023

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The US SOI have announced their tour, which starts in May:

The skaters named so far:

Nathan Chen
Kurt Browning
Jason Brown
Madison Chock and Evan Bates
Alexa Knierim and Brandon Frazier
Piper Gillies and Paul Poirier
Satoko Miyahara
Ilia Malinin
Isabeau Levito

Canadians! Japanese! The US tour has listened about expanding the cast. :hap10:

Seven cities named so far:

Anaheim, CA
San Jose, CA
Seattle
Palm Springs, CA
Chicago
Baltimore
Boston
Hershey, PA

Baltimore and Palm Springs are new to me. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I might decide to go to Baltimore. Especially if Ilia is going to skate there. And the date is on a Friday which yay!!!! I rememberr almost 9 years ago going to Rhode Island for a Stars on Ice show to see Jason. Ahhhh. So long ago.

I thought of our DC area friends when I saw Baltimore: for so many years, Hershey was the closest venue, nothing at all south of Hershey.

I hope you can go. :)

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I thought of our DC area friends when I saw Baltimore: for so many years, Hershey was the closest venue, nothing at all south of Hershey.

I hope you can go. :)
Fingers crossed. I would have to leave work early though cause Friday traffic will be BRUTAL. I know it's brutal cause I once went that direction for a concert at the MD state fair back in August 2019 and it took 2 hours. Yup...Also I'll have to figure out who to go with and a hotel to stay the night at. Cause no way I'm traveling back at night.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
There are lots of tours in Japan with multi-nationals. This is an excellent idea looooonnnngggggg overdue. This is exactly what Champions on Ice did.....
Stars on Ice might be surprised in the interest if they throw in a few Koreans and more Japanese...like Japan pairs (y)

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Wonder if Mirai wasnt asked or did not want to go on tour? Frankly, after going to SOI last season, with one half the show bright flashing beams of light in my eyes and everyone skating ho hum, Japanese and Korean skaters are what it would take to get me back.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
There are lots of tours in Japan with multi-nationals. This is an excellent idea looooonnnngggggg overdue. This is exactly what Champions on Ice did.....
Stars on Ice might be surprised in the interest if they throw in a few Koreans and more Japanese...like Japan pairs (y)
US SOI always had an international cast until about 2011. I'm so glad it seems like they are going that direction again.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It's about time the the tour include international skaters again! We'll have to consider either Baltimore or Hershey. Probably Hershey!

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Um, the entire southern U.S. is being ignored??

Well, Baltimore is technically south of the Mason Dixon line. ;)

The seven city tour, if no cities are added, is quite short. In the past SOI always had dates in Florida, for example. Not to mention more in New England, Long Island/NJ, Minneapolis, etc.

So these dates ignore the areas SOI has always ignored, but others that they traditionally have not.

noskates

Record Breaker
I have a strong feeling there will be more cities announced. It's a lot of money to produce this show for just a handful of dates. I'm guessing these are the sites where they have VIP meet and greets for early sales. I did this one year at SAP center. The only drawback is up usually don't know who youre going to meet until you get there!!! I would kill to meet Kurt again but Satako doesnt do anything for me.

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Also, it's been 9 years since I went to a Stars on Ice show. How much are the tickets?

Last year in Allentown it was $80 a ticket for center ice, row 7. But it varies by city, I am sure.

Also, I live close to the venue and bought at the arena, so no Ticketmaster fees.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I have a strong feeling there will be more cities announced. It's a lot of money to produce this show for just a handful of dates. I'm guessing these are the sites where they have VIP meet and greets for early sales. I did this one year at SAP center. The only drawback is up usually don't know who youre going to meet until you get there!!! I would kill to meet Kurt again but Satako doesnt do anything for me.
Yeah, its not 1995 anymore when COI stopped at 71 cites and 76 shows with a cast of 33 skaters that reads like a whose who of figure skating. The cast pic is funny cause everyone is giving a thumbs down and Gene Siskel the famous movie reviewer is in the front row giving two thumbs up. There were real programs and no "in your face" bright lights. Those bus rides must have been epic!

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Last year in Allentown it was $80 a ticket for center ice, row 7. But it varies by city, I am sure.

Also, I live close to the venue and bought at the arena, so no Ticketmaster fees.
We used to buy tickets on the ice for SOI which was fun cause an Olympian might be standing in front of you waiting for a cue and they would turn around and shake your hand and ask if you were having a good time...then I discovered competitions and was hooked.....

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I hope they announce a NYC metro show in June either Elmont or Newark? Not expecting both in a non Olympic year. Newark had a decent size crowd with many Asian American families who came out for Nathan.

I've seen Satoko and G/P live in competition but never saw Kurt. I love that he's still performing in his 50s. And of course to see Jason again would be cool. He is coming to NYC in May for the ITNY gala so I'll see him there.