2023 European Championships Pairs Short Program | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2023 European Championships Pairs Short Program

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
My baby Ukrainians :(

Oh well, at least it seems he was not hurt and she managed to stay on her feet. Their pairs elements are usually so good and consistent, but I guess something has to go wrong from time to time. Can they get bonus points for a particularly creative and unique fall?:wink:

Also, they're still so young, this is really just them gaining competitive experience. They'll still have Jr Worlds, which is far more important for them.

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
9 Violetta SIEROVA / Ivan KHOBTA UKR
My baby Ukrainians :(

Oh well, at least it seems he was not hurt and she managed to stay on her feet. Their pairs elements are usually so good and consistent, but I guess something has to go wrong from time to time.

Also, they're still so young, this is really just gaining competitive experience for them.
I have been really enjoying this young team this season. They are fresh and fun and talented. Hopefully the free skate goes better.

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Warm-up Group 4
10 Camille KOVALEV / Pavel KOVALEV FRA
11 Annika HOCKE / Robert KUNKEL GER
12 Sara CONTI / Niccolo MACII ITA
13 Rebecca GHILARDI / Filippo AMBROSINI ITA

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Anyone know why there was no positive GOE on their SBS 2Lz?

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hello to Camille Kovalev and her zebra costume
More jaguar for me than zebra.
6715bf9e.jpg

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Anyone know why there was no positive GOE on their SBS 2Lz?
Because figure skating is a reputation game and it's only a 2Lz, judges are very unlikely to give anything above very minimal + GOE for a double jump, especially for a team not considered a top team. - Thank you for coming to my TED talk, where I will continue to complain about scoring in figure skating. ✌️

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just thought I would let you know that Camille and Pavel are the thumbnail for Eurosport's coverage of the Pairs SP!

https://eu1-prod-images.disco-api.com/2023/01/22/b771fad4-cad6-3d00-8edb-646903664c61.jpeg

I was planning on pausing the EYOF stream to watch Camille and Pavel, but it turns out that you can't pause that stream. (Boys but we are spoilt with the user-friendliness of the streams on YouTube and Eurosport!)

So, I'll post this now, and then watch them later on.

:cheer: ALL THE BEST CAMILLE AND PAVEL!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan