2023 U.S. Nationals Sr. Men's Short Program | Page 21 | Golden Skate

2023 U.S. Nationals Sr. Men's Short Program

16Olympics

On the Ice
I know I really like his style. I saw him in JGP was impressed with his line even then. I really hope that he can learn the quads, but if not I really would like him consider pairs. He certainly has the height for it and I would hate for him just to quit. Quads are not end all and be all of skating and he has a gift that would see more of.
He did a 2axel, too, which was surprising. You might be right about pairs or maybe dance? What great lines he has.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Sometimes I'm not sure whether Jason realises how much emotions he brings with his skating to the people like myself. There's simply an unforgettable quality molded into his performance, the prominent sense of having a style and committing to it by every facet of skating craft.
The said style may be not everyone's cup of tea, but I can gladly take those cups to myself to enjoy.
His pure movement quality is just ridiculous at this point. Pair it with ability to give music a visual form that evokes feel of if and here we have a package.
It just hit me also that Jason can do contemporary/modern music more justice on skates that some dancers on floor. Imho of course. But I think he would be a dancing coach dream.

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
I actually like Maxime and have since he was a jr. Tough to follow that but he did ok. Good PCS so the judges rewarded him. May wind up in last group depending on Yaro.

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Ilia deserved the tech score, but PCS that close to Jason's is not warranted
This is the problem with the big PCS boosts for the quad guys. Because PCS is capped, Jason can't pull the gap he deserves.
His Tech score was higher than his PCS. what?? Anyway, no nit picking when there's so much beauty to revel in.
PCS capped at 50 for the SP, so his TES was always going to be higher.

CellarDweller

Ice Time
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
3cb4727dad9a4ff7fa53f390d2a99e5d.gif