2023 JGP Istanbul Men's Short Program | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2023 JGP Istanbul Men's Short Program

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
This kid is just a class act.

There was one point when I thought he had a slightly wobbily landing. But, it was barely more than noticeable through the fog. So, hopefully nobody else noticed.

Step out? I thought that was part of the choreography! :drama:

Well, in the girls, Rena started off the SP, and led until just after the last resurfacing. It will be interesting to see if Rio can emulate that, or even better it.

:cheer: WELL DONE RIO!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
The thing I don't understand about Nakata Rio is that he's a quad jumper yet he doesn't do a 3F-3T combo
Just like there are toe and edge jumpers, there are also "same-side" and "opposite-side" jumpers. Some skaters have a really easy time with Salchow, Toe, Axel because the take-off and landing are on opposite feet, others have a much easier time with Lutz, Flip and Loop (like Anna Shcherbakova) exactly because the take-off and landing foot are the same.

I suspect Rio might be a "same-side" jumper more than an "edge or toe" jumper, which would explain why a 3T+3T is easier for him.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I'm getting concerned. Although there is no rain, the thunder is back with a vengence. Louder than ever. And the computer screen flickered on me.

Don't worry, I didn't miss any of Vlasenko II. The stream is on the TV screen. But GS is on the computer screen.

Aha, the rain started just as I was about to press "post". And it is so loud that I couldn't hear the start of Razyan's music at all! Time to turn up the volume!

CaroLiza_fan

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
I'm getting concerned. Although there is no rain, the thunder is back with a vengence. Louder than ever. And the computer screen flickered during.

Don't worry, I didn't miss any of Vlasenko II. The stream is on the TV screen. But GS is on the computer screen.

Aha, the rain started just as I was about to press "post". And it is so loud that I couldn't hear the start of Razyan's music at all! Time to turn up the volume!

CaroLiza_fan
maybe you want to turn off your electronic devices...