2023-24 Russian Women's Figure Skating | Page 35 | Golden Skate

2023-24 Russian Women's Figure Skating

brakes

On the Ice
The Russian championships will be held the final weekend of 2025 anyway so she will be able to skate in it.

She would effectively be missing out on Spartakiad (I don't think she was skating in that she had given up for the season imo), all of 2024, then some GP stages late 2025.

Spartakiad 2024, two GP stages 2024 next season, Russian championship December 2024, GP final 2025, then two GP stages 2025. 7 events, plus demonstration events, Channel 1 Cup, jumping tournament (I doubt any senior female apart from Adelia would bother competing in future).

Anyway she was already banned from international events.

She makes enough money to buy her own coaches, trainers, and ice time.

Honestly, I thought she was finished anyway looking at her the passion had left her and she was going through the motions especially with the free skate. It's like she hated it and didn't even try with the choreography. Then the shows in St Petersburg from last night she fully commits to them and there's some emotion to the skating, and that's all just improvised stuff for the most part.

It's real glass half full stuff, but the time off, she won't be able to train at Team Tutberitze buy a new coach, buy a choreographer, make a lot of money doing shows, and she might return to competition at the end of next year reinvigorated maybe doing a performance along the lines like a Frolova. I think she can retain the 4T.
I'm 99% sure we will never see Kamila Valieva on competitive ice again.

Mariott

Now the flower is making its way through concrete
Record Breaker
Country
Russia
"Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness’ sake,
For theirs is the kingdom of heaven." (Matthew 5:10)

Mathematician

Pilgrim on a long journey
Medalist
"Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness’ sake,
For theirs is the kingdom of heaven." (Matthew 5:10)
Edit: I just saw the ruling, maybe that verse isnt totally out of place after all. I did not expect her to get destroyed that hard. This is actually a terrible event.

Mathematician

Medalist
This really paints a black spot over the upcoming Spartakiad. I never routed for her hard but its going to feel so empty. I actually cant believe we might never see her again.

Remilia

On the Ice
I hope Kamila has supportive people around her right now, because she is still only 17, and these would take a huge mental toll on anyone, let alone a teenager. It would be nice if she returned to competition once the ban is up, but given that she can't even train during the time, the odds are slim to none...This whole situation is just sad. She put her body through so much and sacrificed her childhood all for what? Junior and novice titles?

Mathematician

Medalist
I hope Kamila has supportive people around her right now, because she is still only 17, and these would take a huge mental toll on anyone, let alone a teenager. It would be nice if she returned to competition once the ban is up, but given that she can't even train during the time, the odds are slim to none...This whole situation is just sad. She put her body through so much and sacrificed her childhood all for what? Junior and novice titles?
She still has a world record.

I just cant believe she isnt allowed to train, thats absolutely crazy. They literally took away her life. I would actually be on suicide risk in her place just being honest. Rules are rules and you cant change that but to ban her from even getting on the ice is UNBELIEVABLE.

Remilia

On the Ice
She still has a world record.

I just cant believe she isnt allowed to train, thats absolutely crazy. They literally took away her life. I would actually be on suicide risk in her place just being honest. Rules are rules and you cant change that but to ban her from even getting on the ice is UNBELIEVABLE.
The world record doesn't really mean much, tbh...I mean, there's a giant asterisk next to it, and the isu continually changes the rules and scoring system, resetting these world records each time

And yea, training and competing is a huge part of her life. That's what she's known since she was a little kid, so to have it taken away and for the whole world to witness...I really hope she has friends and family around her providing her support and watching over her. I suppose it's good that she can still participate in private skating shows (I think?) so she is not 100% banned from getting on the ice

brakes

On the Ice
Meh, it is a bit blasphemous but I get it. 17 y/o getting her life annihilated in public prosecution on behalf of a bunch of psychopath adults.
1. How is her life being annihilated?
By winning domestic medals and favourable judging?
By Zhulin&Co repeating as nauseam about her greatness, being GOAT, worshipping her in every interview they give?
By being showered with money from prizes, shows, sponsors and marketing deals?
By being invited to numerous sporting and non-sport events, galas, etc.?
By being cherished by her fans in stadiums and social media?

2. They may be psychopathic, but do you really believe 15yo girl, being in the sport for 12 years with mother at her side all the time, had no clue what she was doing and gave no permission for that? Those girls are smarter than you think, in professional athlete sense they are basically adults. She knew what she was doing and quite likely what is the risk of doing it. She just had been ensured (and rightfully so!) that benefits outweigh the losses.

She has been, is, and will be completely fine, unlike her compatriots from national team for instance.

Mathematician

Medalist
1. How is her life being annihilated?
By winning domestic medals and favourable judging?
By Zhulin&Co repeating as nauseam about her greatness, being GOAT, worshipping her in every interview they give?
By being showered with money from prizes, shows, sponsors and marketing deals?
By being invited to numerous sporting and non-sport events, galas, etc.?
By being cherished by her fans in stadiums and social media?

2. They may be psychopathic, but do you really believe 15yo girl, being in the sport for 12 years with mother at her side all the time, had no clue what she was doing and gave no permission for that? Those girls are smarter than you think, in professional athlete sense they are basically adults. She knew what she was doing and quite likely what is the risk of doing it.
She just had been ensured (and rightfully so!) that benefits outweigh the losses.

She has been, is, and will be completely fine.
She grew up in the academy since 3 y/o: education, friendships, entire life and now she cant even get on the ice. Ban her from competing those are rules but yea I mean she is borderline banned from life. And yea I do also think that she knew that she took what she took, thats why SHE GETS BANNED FROM COMPETING, not barred from just skating at all .

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
To put a doper on pedestal of worship is both blasphemous and plain stupid. :rolleyes:
I suggest you find yourself in Olympic Beijing in the role of Kamila Valieva in her situation, and then we will discuss who and what is worthy.

brakes

On the Ice
I suggest you find yourself in Olympic Beijing in the role of Kamila Valieva in her situation, and then we will discuss who and what is worthy.
You think you are being sensitive, symphatetic and ethical. You're not, you're naive.

There have been millions people like you before: Ben Johnons's fans, Marion Jones' fans, Lance Armstrong's fans and many others.
All repeating the same false song of sympathy and compassion towards 'poor girl', citing bible and other fancy quotes.

And just like them in ten years you'll read more stories about your 'hero' and realize how silly and confused you were.

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
You think you are being sensitive, symphatetic and ethical. You're not, you're naive.

There have been millions people like you before: Ben Johnons's fans, Marion Jones' fans, Lance Armstrong's fans and many others.
All repeating the same false song of sympathy and compassion towards 'poor girl', citing bible and other fancy quotes.

And just like them in ten years you'll read more stories about your 'hero' and realize how silly and confused you were.

It's enough that I know a fifteen year old kid's life has been made hell by adults. Try to deny it if you can. And the opinions of the internet cynics won't change a thing about it.

brakes

On the Ice
It's enough that I know a fifteen year old kid's life has been made hell by adults. Try to deny it if you can. And the opinions of the internet cynics won't change a thing about it.
Don't you get it? It was the RISK she and her mother took.
It could go the other way and she could be widely respected 2-times Olympic golden medalist right now.

Cheaters never want to be known as cheaters and living hell, they want to get their cheat through and live great, respectful life afterwards.
And many do.

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
It could go the other way and she could be widely respected 2-times Olympic golden medalist right now.

Cheaters never want to be known as cheaters and living hell, they want to get their cheat through and live great, respectful life afterwards.
And many do.
Please refrain from making mentoring remarks. You talk about people you don't know, but I know a little better than you.
And stop thinking of yourself as omniscient, future discoveries may surprise you.

brakes

On the Ice
Please refrain from making mentoring remarks. You talk about people you don't know, but I know a little better than you.
And stop thinking of yourself as omniscient, future discoveries may surprise you.
I follow Kamila since she was 9yo, read every piece of news on her since then, her skate I posted on YT in 2015 got million views.
I know what she had on breakfast yesterday and how warm was the coffee.

Which doesn't change the fact I don't respect her as a doper athlete.

Mathematician

Medalist

And many do.
Cheaters are not murderers. I still dont know why you think she deserves anything more than a competitive ban. Nobody is saying she should go free and keep all of her medals, but you are just projecting so much unnecessary anger. Living hell? Really? For cheating?

brakes

On the Ice
Cheaters are not murderers. I still dont know why you think she deserves anything more than a competitive ban. Nobody is saying she should go free and keep all of her medals, but you are just projecting so much unnecessary anger. Living hell? Really? For cheating?
I did not write I want her living a hell, I wrote she was risking it by cheating and possibly getting caught.
This is how cheating works - one succeed and benefits from it, the other get caught and gets hell out of it.

Which most likely is not going to happen anyway, as most Russian figure skating environment supports her and will keep supporting her.

Mathematician

Medalist
I did not write I want her living a hell, I wrote she was risking it by cheating and possibly getting caught.
This is how cheating works - one succeed and benefits from it, the other get caught and gets hell out of it.

Which most likely is not going to happen anyway, as most Russian figure skating environment supports her and keep supporting her.
Theres no world in which cheating should risk a "living hell" at all, thats the problem. It should risk a ban, a just punishment, thats all - not some massive vengeance and suffering.