2023-24 Russian Women's Figure Skating | Page 34 | Golden Skate

2023-24 Russian Women's Figure Skating

Skating91

Medalist
Trusova was dirty at Olympics and gained a fraudulent overrated reputation amongst people with zero skating knowledge. It was frustrating how she overshadowed skaters in popularity after that. But I just dont consider that her peak at all. When she was younger and first started breaking records she was impeccable.

3/7 jump elements were negative GOE and the 4F had a not clear edge, so an issue with 3/5 quads and 4/7 jump elements.

Amazingly, looking back the base value was 95 which was 33 points ahead of bronze. Insane. We'll never see this kind of difference on the podium ever again.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
The way you talk about a girl who delivered the highest BV of entire olympics, higher than Nathan Chen.... He only ended with higher TES (by 15 points) because of bigger GOEs on his clean elements.
She was not clean but it isn't like any mortal can blast a 5 quads program. There are skaters who bombed with basic 6/7 triples programs.

Her hype was deserved imo.

Last edited:

Mariiiiskate

Record Breaker

Kostyleva also can also perform 4S-1-4S
Margo and Lena rivalry might be one of the best ones in ladies figure skating, both of them are so good and clearly pushing each other to be better.

Thats a beautiful 4S-eu-4S combo from Lena. I do love her 4S.

Last edited:

Mathematician

Pilgrim on a long journey
Medalist
Margo and Lena rivalry might be one for the best ones in ladies figure skating, both of them are so good and clearly pushing each other to be better.

Far from guarantee that either of them keep 1st class form long term, nevermind the both of them.

Kostyleva still being novice especially leaves absolutely massive unknowns.

I deem Rita's combo as superior.

hanca

Record Breaker
Margo and Lena rivalry might be one of the best ones in ladies figure skating, both of them are so good and clearly pushing each other to be better.

When Gubanova, Nugumanova and Samodurova were their age, Gubanova was far ahead of the other two. Nugumanova was well behind but still far away of the rest girls of their age. Samodurova was no one. By the time they became seniors, Gubanova and Nugumanova were struggling with consistency. The only way Gubanova got to the bigger competitions was by changing citizenship because she had no chance being sent to Euros or worlds competing for Russia. Nugumanova never got to compete at Euros and worlds. Samodurova won Europeans while competing for Russia (which is a better result than when Gubanova managed to win, because Gubanova would never win if Russians were not banned. Well, Gubanova would never even qualify if she was competing for Russia). My point is, Margo and Lena’s rivalry and their current results won’t matter if they are not strong and consistent as senior.

Skating91

Medalist
It seems like today is the day. I don't think it really changes much whatever the decision. She looked mentally fatigued all season, distracting herself with anything but skating and preparing for competition. There are no international competitions to ever aim for anyway.

brakes

On the Ice
It seems like today is the day. I don't think it really changes much whatever the decision. She looked mentally fatigued all season, distracting herself with anything but skating and preparing for competition. There are no international competitions to ever aim for anyway.
Puberty caught up with her and that's all. If she was able to fly into air like 2 years ago, she would be mentally fresh as a daisy.

Mariott

Now the flower is making its way through concrete
Record Breaker
Country
Russia
That's not quite true. The decision may include both lenient punishment and harsh punishment. I hope very much that Kamila is now among close people who will support her.

Skating91

Medalist
Puberty caught up with her and that's all. If she was able to fly into air like 2 years ago, she would be mentally fresh as a daisy.
Adult athletes 15 years older have in submissions discussed the enormous psychological toll an accusation has on them some talk about suicidal thoughts. No case has been as drawn out and discussed as this one. To suffer through this from age 15-17 with all the world's attention and with so much vitriol directed her way by cyberbullies and powerful men making veiled threats through the media of effectively ending her career, that is a toll no-one is strong enough to withstand without it affecting performance let alone a child.

'Fresh as a daisy' with this hanging over her head for two years, in addition to all the trauma suffered at the Olympics. You are something aren't you to be so dismissive?

She had eye surgery weeks before test skates and limited time on the ice, yet had recovered the quad in training in October, jumped at the warm up in the Moscow stage, jumping it in training at the Russian Championships. Won bronze in the toughest competition in the world. Not to mention a difficult puberty where the height and weight fluctuates so much. Mammoth effort in a season where she looked to have lost interest, and who can blame her. It's a sport worldwide filled with horrible people, horrible 'fans'.

brakes

On the Ice
Adult athletes 15 years older have in submissions discussed the enormous psychological toll an accusation has on them some talk about suicidal thoughts. No case has been as drawn out and discussed as this one. To suffer through this from age 15-17 with all the world's attention and with so much vitriol directed her way by cyberbullies and powerful men making veiled threats through the media of effectively ending her career, that is a toll no-one is strong enough to withstand without it affecting performance let alone a child.

'Fresh as a daisy' with this hanging over her head for two years, in addition to all the trauma suffered at the Olympics. You are something aren't you to be so dismissive?
I admit I exaggerated, but so do you. It's been two years since Olympic event and most of her compatriots support her: feds, officials, coaches, fans gather at her shows, cherish her. She's performing fun programs, getting domestic medals, earning money in shows and living great life. Her main figure skating problem has been changing body, restricting her jumping abilities.
Now you may add disqualification.

Skating91

Medalist
I admit I exaggerated, but so do you. It's been two years since Olympic event and most of her compatriots support her: feds, officials, coaches, fans gather at her shows, cherish her. She's performing fun programs, getting domestic medals, earning money in shows and living great life. Her main figure skating problem has been changing body, restricting her jumping abilities.
Now you may add disqualification.
Enjoy it.

This is one sport where all sense of perspective is lost. Quite toxic.

brakes

On the Ice
Enjoy it.

This is one sport where all sense of perspective is lost. Quite toxic.
Now you're being dismissive. I don't enjoy it. Doping cases like that blemish the sport as a whole.
My post congratulating Anna is just supporting clean athlete, it's what all fans should do.
I'm sure she won't be celebrating this title as much as she should.

Skating91

Medalist
Now you're being dismissive. I don't enjoy it. Doping cases like that blemish the sport as a whole.
My post congratulating Anna is just supporting clean athlete, it's what all fans should do.
I'm sure she won't be celebrating this title as much as she should.
You should enjoy it, and don't deny yourself the pleasure. Please I insist. Why stop yourself now this is what you've waited for.

Amei

Record Breaker
Because she didnt beat Valieva, the highest level of athletic and artistic cohesion that has ever or will ever be reached in skating? Or Shcherbakova who had Jordan mentality by 15 y/o?

Some people.

She rarely tried to be better at the entire second portion of figure skating, had she tried at that besides focusing on jumps, and listened to her coaches she might've been beating the others in competitions.

Skating91

Medalist
The Russian championships will be held the final weekend of 2025 anyway so she will be able to skate in it.

She would effectively be missing out on Spartakiad (I don't think she was skating in that she had given up for the season imo), all of 2024, then some GP stages late 2025.

Spartakiad 2024, two GP stages 2024 next season, Russian championship December 2024, GP final 2025, then two GP stages 2025. 7 events, plus demonstration events, Channel 1 Cup, jumping tournament (I doubt any senior female apart from Adelia would bother competing in future).

Anyway she was already banned from international events.

She makes enough money to buy her own coaches, trainers, and ice time.

Honestly, I thought she was finished anyway looking at her the passion had left her and she was going through the motions especially with the free skate. It's like she hated it and didn't even try with the choreography. Then the shows in St Petersburg from last night she fully commits to them and there's some emotion to the skating, and that's all just improvised stuff for the most part.

It's real glass half full stuff, but the time off, she won't be able to train at Team Tutberitze buy a new coach, buy a choreographer, make a lot of money doing shows, and she might return to competition at the end of next year reinvigorated maybe doing a performance along the lines like a Frolova. I think she can retain the 4T.

Last edited: