2024 World Championships Men's Short Program | Page 72 | Golden Skate

2024 World Championships Men's Short Program

SubRosa

I love Lussi
Final Flight
Country
Canada
So... while I hate life math is math, Hyungyeom is in 21st and I don't expect him to go up much higher, so in order to retain 2 spots my darling has to go up at least 2 spots. Which is not going to be easy. Why didn't you all shoot me earlier I did not want this agony
9 + 16 = 25, so still okay

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Oh no! 💔😭 Adam!!! I figured it would be difficult for him to skate last, but wow, even moreso with how brilliantly the other top guys laid it down. Adam has beaten every one of them this season, but he didn't have it here, while they were all able to up their games. Mark mentioned that Adam didn't do well last year in the sp. I didn't recall that. Yeah, he possibly was haunted by that, along with the fact that his countryman, Kevin Aymoz, is not here to back up gaining enough pts for placements next year. That's a lot on Adam's shoulders. So, he faltered under the pressure, but nothing to hang his head about at all. At least he qualified, so he can regroup and come back and fight in the fp for a top ten placement overall. 🙏🏽 🥰

Last edited:

SkatersWaltz

On the Ice
Come on, Camden. Get out the Clorox and skate clean!
Sorry but how did Kao get ahead of Roman? No home cooking here for sure. In fact as usual Canadian skaters get screwed at home.
Agreed. His PCS should be a couple of pts lower than Roman and it’s over 3 points higher. No way that skate should have been over 80 or Roan should have 87-88.

Andrea82

Medalist
Scores breakdown

Overall
Austria, Swtizerland, Spain, Ukraine and Sweden for Uno

Israel for Kagiyama

France, Turkey and Bulgaria for Malinin

PCS
France, Switzerland and Sweden for Uno
Ukraine for Kagiyama
Israel tie between Uno and Kagiyama
Austria, Spain for Brown
Bulgaria tie between Brown and Uno
Turkey for Malinin

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
16-24 count for 16 points. (Or has that changed? I know qualifications are changing up next year)
I have no idea whether the rules changed or not, so I will choose to believe that your version is the current version. I knew retaining 3 tickets was almost impossible but actually facing it really hurts

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Shoma skated remarkably well, but I'm not convinced he was on the right edge on his flip. I would not have Shoma in first over Yuma. Shoma has so often been held up with mistakes and overscored on GOE. Kudos to him for upping his game, but per usual, the judges have no filter when it comes to Shoma. They let him get away with his tech flaws because of his mesmerizing movement quality. I was surprised Ilia was placed behind Yuma, but that's okay per the difference in SS. Ilia can make it up in the fp, maybe.

As far as Shoma, I am not interested in seeing him repeat. My preference ftw was Ilia or Adam SHF. But I also enjoy and appreciate Yuma's brilliance. It appears that the judges prefer to give Shoma the edge if they all skate well. SMH! 🫤

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Agreed. His PCS should be a couple of pts lower than Roman and it’s over 3 points higher. No way that skate should have been over 80 or Roan should have 87-88.
I think Roman actually is a very good "skater" - skating skills but his poor performances hurt his reputation. I actually think he has better skills than Ilia but who am I.