So You Think You Can Dance season 4 | Page 8 | Golden Skate

So You Think You Can Dance season 4

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
of the top 6 I liked five, Mark had great charisma, but I couldn't get into his dancing (save for that hip hop he did with Chelsie)

can't wait for the Finale, gonna be hot!

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Ok, informal poll: Do you think Katee is as good as the judges make her out to be?

Yes! I'm not a dance expert though so I can't answer your technique question. But I adore Katee and her dancing! She's a standout to me.

I was more disappointed that Mark was eliminated (though not surprised). I couldn't decide who I'd rather have in the final of Chelsie or Courtney. Courtney had a better week this week, but Chelsie had the better season.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ha, ha, now you all know how I felt last week. :cool: :cool:

I like all of the final four so I am OK with whomever wins.

Dee

silver.blades

Medalist
Country
Canada
In regards to Katee's technique it is absolutly fabulous. Chelsie's technique is equally good in the ballroom and latin styles, but she lacks a bit of techinque in the hip hop/contemporary style, it's still good, but not quite up to Katee's standard. Likewise Katee's the same on the ballroom side, good but not spectacular technique.
I love both of them and they were my top 2 girls. I really hope that Katee wins because she hasn't had a bad performance yet.

eliza88

On the Ice
I think I may have gotten over Will not being in the top 4...maybe...

I have thought Katee and Chelsea were the best 2 gals pretty much all season, but there was something about Courtney in these last few weeks that really made me want her in the final 4. Courtney's solo's IMO have been fantastic, that plus she has danced so well and has done everything they have asked her to do.

Oh Joshua! I would be so thrilled if he won!! He is so much fun to watch and just seems like the nicest guy! I hope he and Kattee do the Bollywood routine again for the finale!

eliza88

heyang

Record Breaker

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
to those who say hip hoppers are not dancers: HA!

Twitch and Josh are FANTASTIC... that nutcracker routine was freaking AWESOME

CB1AB2

Medalist
what a great show that was == they realy steped it up = they were all awesome == I'd like to see either Kattie or Josh win = but like I said before any one of them are derserving and could win

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
to those who say hip hoppers are not dancers: HA!

Twitch and Josh are FANTASTIC... that nutcracker routine was freaking AWESOME
I totally agree Toni, it was torture for those 2 guys but they did it. After watching Twitch and Josh...I thought......Will who????? Just kidding, I still miss him but the show must go on. I'm OK with whomever wins.

Dee

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The final 2 have been announced. It's kind of a shocker!!

I got to see Will dance again. :love: :love:

It's just minutes away from the winner. :clap: :clap:

Just announced the winner...surprise, surprise!!!! :clap: :clap:

Dee

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
Ok, JMOs:

Before last night's final competitive show, I was ok with any of the four winning. However, I really was disappointed with my Courtney. I thought she was a bit off in a couple of her routines and just didn't give it an all-out push to be the winner. It definitely made me wish Chelsie had been in the final 4 instead.

I have really liked Joshua all along, but, though not as lacking in pizazz as Courtney, he also seemed to have a bit less sparkle last night -- though he clearly loved performing the Trepak. Still, I wished WILL were in the top 4 instead, and I didn't think I'd end up saying that. I do wish they'd looked into whether Will's phone line being messed up during the voting for the night he was eliminated affected the results. Was that investigated, does anyone know?

WILL really did shine in the Pas de Deux in tonight's show!! Loved seeing the judges' picks of the season!

I voted for Twitch and wish he'd won! Could've lived with Katee, and prior to last night would've been happy with Josh or Courtney. But, as I said, those two didn't "bring it home" for me in the final.

Of course, over all the season, I've enjoyed all of the 4 finalists a lot. Twitch and Chelsie were ultimately the winners in my book, with a strong runnerup in Will.

All in all, it was a FANTASTIC season and I started pitching the live show to DH tonight while watching the results show. The Norfolk venue is only a few hours away from us.

ETA: I was glad that the judges weren't simply shouting over everything and gushing last night. Mary was I think universally complimentary, and that's fine, but Nigel and the guest judge, whose name I can't remember right now, did make some minor comments. Nigel told Joshua and Courtney their jive could've been better, and ya know, I think Kristi was sharper with better basic jive steps and sharp positions in both her jive routines on DWTS! And the guest judge told Katee she could improve her feet and knees. So the judges weren't just turning off all constructive criticism because it was finals night, and I appreciate that. Kudos!

Last edited:

heyang

Record Breaker
Note: Josh and Twitch had both been taken to the hospital for dehydration. Josh's contemporary with Katee vs Twitch's foxtrot with Katee - Josh's required more effort. Josh's Jive with Courtney vs Twitch's hip hop with Courtney - Josh's also required more energy. Of course, their duel and their solos required equal effort. So, I gave Josh a bit of credit for lacking some energy considering the demands of all his routines compared to the others.

Loved finding out what happened to some of the dancers from past seasons and their group # with the top 20 before the announcement of the winner.

Most of the judges' favorites were some of mine. Fun seeing Mary samba with Dmitry and Nigel tap with students from Debbie Allan's school.

I think Josh & Twitch were final 2 because of their personalities. Katee and Courtney's personalities outside of the routines just didnt' pop. The guys were much more personable to the public IMO.

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
I think Josh & Twitch were final 2 because of their personalities. Katee and Courtney's personalities outside of the routines just didnt' pop. The guys were much more personable to the public IMO.

Excellent point! And the great thing is, Twitch and Josh were always good, and frequently great, dancers, as well as sweethearts in their interviews, comments, and fluff pieces -- a win-win!!

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am happy for Joshua...I loved his family reaction, it was the best!!! It was one of those times when I wanted both Joshua & Twithch to win. I think Twitch put enough out there and will be getting some calls, so it's a win, win.

Debbie Allen just beams when she looks at Will....she is like a proud mama.

Dee

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I am very happy with the results. I was hoping for Katee, but Josh is a deserving winner. That was a great final show, by the way. I loved seeing Mary and Nigel dance...............42

eliza88

On the Ice
I screamed when Joshua won!!!!!! He and Will were my picks from the beginning...Katee might have been the best dancer in the final 4 but Joshua won my heart very early in the season! So exciting! I too enjoyed seeing Mary and Nigel dance! Loved the selection of performances AND the poppers "pop-off!"

eliza88

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I am wondering if they will include the "poppers" in their tour. I think they should.......42

heyang

Record Breaker
Katee and Josh won me over with No Air during week 1 of the Top 20. They were 2 of the most consistent dancers/performers for me.

Twitch has just stood out from the start on a 'person' basis. I remember him just missing the cut last year. It was pretty obvious that he was well regarded by the other dancers in Vegas and afterwards, too.

I wonder if Katee's roommate will try again next year.

BTW, I would love to see all the judges and/or choreographers perform during next year's finale. A dance off between Alan Shankman and Nigel would be quite entertaining, I'm sure.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Was happy with the end result...

didn't see anything overly great about Mary's little dance (was watching her partner - Dymetry - more... she just does nothing for me...) but NIGEL was just... WOW! I never realized! I was freaking out (in a good way) when he danced, that was awesome.

Twitch and Joshua deserved to be the final two. They really stepped it up and worked hard to get where they were. They aren't perfect, but that's not what this show is about!

AND I GOT TO SEE BENJI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I miss him. Wish he'd had a bigger part though!