So You Think You Can Dance season 4 | Page 7 | Golden Skate

So You Think You Can Dance season 4

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
Great show last night! I especially enjoyed Courtney and Will and Chelsie and Joshua. Maybe it's because I like ballroom so much, but I really like Chelsie's dancing. She looks so precise to me and has nice lines.

Mark seems to do well at some dances, but I have a feeling he'll be the guy to go next. Comfort for the ladies. Really just guessing, though, of course.

Like I said last week, at this point in the season I enjoy all of them so much I hate to see anyone eliminated!

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The bottom 2 men and women have been announced. What a shocker!!!!

The 2 leaving was just announced, I am so sad. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Dee

Last edited:

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
I don't think we have to do spoiler alerts here, do we?

Anyways, I'll miss Will for sure. Comfort was growing on me, too, after I didn't like her style or her personality much at first. But agree with Dee, it's hard to see them go.

eliza88

On the Ice
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Not Will!!!!!!!!!!! He is the BEST dancer there! I don't understand Will being gone AT ALL!

I thought it was a no brainer for Comfort and Mark to go...

eliza88

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I thought Will was going to win the whole thing. :cry:
I loved watching Will dance, it was such a pure joy and pleasure. If Mark wins I don't know what I'll do to myself but it will be something drastic!!!! :yes: :yes:

I read on the So You Think You Can Dance message board that they felt Will's dance career was secure with Debbie Allen supporting him and didn't think he should win. They felt the show was for someone who hasn't had the opportunities that Will's has.

Dee

silver.blades

Medalist
Country
Canada
I loved watching Will dance, it was such a pure joy and pleasure. If Mark wins I don't know what I'll do to myself but it will be something drastic!!!! :yes: :yes:

Dee

I love Mark. He is a great performer and his solo is unlike anything I´ve ever seen. That being said, with Will gone my next favorite for the title is Chelsie or Katie.

Last edited:

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This is just getting worse and worse. People are saying that they tried to vote for Will and didn't get the recording to vote....just a silent line. :cool: They thought all the lines were down so they voted for Twitch & Joshua and were able to.

I want Will back!!!!!

Dee

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
Delurking long enough to commiserate with the Will fans. I was stunned at the bottom 2 men last night and didn't want either of them to leave. My favorite remaining guy is Twitch, but I really enjoy watching Joshua, too.
Mark is fun when someone else is choreographing him but his solos bring to mind a hyperactive kid on a sugar rush, playing air guitar and rocking out in his living room. I can almost hear his mom screaming at him not to jump on the coffee table. And the mugging for the camera makes me wish I could prescribe him some Ritalin. Sorry, Mark fans!
As for the girls, Katee's been my favorite since the beginning and I think she should win it. Now that Will's gone, anyway.
And I miss Gev! Dag nabbit! Maybe SOI should invite him to do his b-boy on ice thing in a few select cities - it might fill a few seats. Or am I the only one who thinks that would be way cool?
This is the first season that I've watched from start to finish and I'm enjoying myself, however, my complaint from last season is still valid and someone needs to 1. derail the hot tamale train, and 2. duct tape Mary's mouth shut. My WORD, but that woman is loud! And believe me, I know from loud. :laugh:
I have, since last season, decided that Cat Deely is made of adorable, despite the "jidges" that I used to find so irritating. Can we just replace every host with Cat? Starting with Seacrest? Or is it just me?
And I feel kind of weird admitting this, but, when he isn't making personal comments about a woman's figure, I kind of like Nigel.
Back to lurking, looks like this break's over. Hope everyone's having a great summer!
xoxo
Rave

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Although Will was not my favorite by a long shot, I was still stunned to see him go. I'm cheering for either Katee or Twitch to take it all............42

heyang

Record Breaker
I had guessed Will, Mark, Comfort and Courtney as the bottom and thought Mark and Comfort would leave. So, I was absolutely shocked when Mark wasn't even in the bottom 2. He was too based upon his reaction.

Will is the best technical dancer, but the show is for Favorite. I think it's sad for people to begrudge him Debbie Allen's support. He's had it all along and hasn't become known until this season's SYTYCD.

Besides, Danny Tidwell was with a major ballet company before SYTYCD and he finished 2nd last year. Again -it's favorite, not best dancer.

For me, both Will and Danny lacked in charisma. Maybe because they were too technically strong and lost some of the 'freedom and joy' in their dancing. That organicness that Toni Basil and Mia mention ad nauseum.

Sometime during the top 20, I predicted Katee, Chelsi, Josh and Will for the final 4. I think I prefer Twitch over Mark - both really personable guys, but I think Twitch has been able to dance with the ladies better than Mark. On a technical level, the 2 seem relatively even. However, Wed's voting says that Mark must be more popular than Twitch - given that Twitch's last 2 weeks have overall been better than Mark's. I think it's possible that Katee and Josh might be the top 2 and even though Katee is a stronger technical dancer, I think his personality and the respect he's shown for other cultures etc could put Josh on top.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Missed the cut last night... Will and Comfort? wow... didn't see that coming (more on Will's part than Comfort)

should be an interesting Finale.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am going to be really sad tonight while watching.
dee4707 said:
If Mark wins I don't know what I'll do to myself but it will be something drastic!!!!
Well, I'm glad you were all so concerned about me and didn't even make a comment!!! I did do something drastic...........Like you all care!! :biggrin: :biggrin:

Dee

Thank goodness you're still here to tell us about it! :) So, what drastic thing did you do? :laugh:

Last edited:

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thank goodness you're still hear to tell us about it! :) So, what drastic thing did you do? :laugh:

I ate a whole pint of ice cream in honor of Will !!!!!!

This is like jabbing a knife into my heart, they are showing last weeks elimination show again. :cry: :cry: :cry: I'm going out to buy another pint!!!

Dee :cry: :cry:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
at least I got to see the epi I missed....

now for some dancing *sits back and watches*

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
No, not Chelsie! I love her technique and her personality!

Ok, informal poll: Do you think Katee is as good as the judges make her out to be?

I thought Chelsie was as strong technically as Katee, and Katee lacked just a little in the charisma dept to me. But the judges were absolutely wild over Katee pretty much every week. Educate me on dance technique, please!

The guys -- I love Twitch and Joshua and can reconcile myself to Mark's departure.:p

heyang

Record Breaker
Over the last couple of weeks, I've grown in appreciation of Courtney. So, I was pleasantly surprised that she made the final 4 since she's been in the bottom a couple of times, whereas Chelsi and Katee have never been in the bottom.

Mark vs Twitch was tough for me. I liked both their personalities. Of the 2, Twitch has less training and technique - and it really shows in the ballroom. However, I do think his fans came out and voted last night after his reaction to being the bottom 2 last week. He's had a big fan base since the start of the competition.

My favorites since day 1 of top 20 have been Josh and Katee. They only had 1 ok dance (smooth waltz), but were fabulous (IMO) with everything else, as well as being able to pair well with their other partners.

However, since the title is Favorite Dancer, I think it's possible that Josh and Twitch might be the last 2 standing because their personalities have shined much more than Katee's and Courtney's. I pick Josh to win for now.

CB1AB2

Medalist
I was shocked to see "Chelsi voted off == I had her in the top 2 == what a great dancer // performer // personality -- I'm disappointed that she is gone === Mark I thought he would be the one to go == any of the remaining dancers could win = I'm not going to make any perdictions this time

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
Over the last couple of weeks, I've grown in appreciation of Courtney. So, I was pleasantly surprised that she made the final 4 since she's been in the bottom a couple of times, whereas Chelsi and Katee have never been in the bottom.

I was glad for Courtney. I was hoping for Courtney and Chelsie for the final 2 women.

Quote: Mark vs Twitch was tough for me. I liked both their personalities. Of the 2, Twitch has less training and technique - and it really shows in the ballroom.

Definitely ballroom's not Twitch's strong suit, but also not Mark's strongest either, I don't think. I'm with ya that Josh has "it" factor to spare.

Quote: However, since the title is Favorite Dancer, I think it's possible that Josh and Twitch might be the last 2 standing because their personalities have shined much more than Katee's and Courtney's. I pick Josh to win for now

Yes, we certainly can't forget it's ultimately a popularity show!