The Judging Controversy Thread | Page 192 | Golden Skate

The Judging Controversy Thread

AliceInWonderland

On the Ice
More like they were scared of their lives. Knowing Putin, I am not surprised. Just kidding, lol. As for Plushenko, had he not withdrawn, he would definitely medal. If he had not fell, then it might have be gold.

All of these Putin conspiracy theories are making me sick. Stop. Seriously. Putin doesn't care about figure skating.

I agree about Plushy; after the splatter-fest that was the men's competition, if Plushy he had lain down 2 clean programs, I would have been 100% okay with him winning gold.

usethis2

Medalist
He cared enough to sit there at least twice, iirc. ;)

P.S. If a thread makes you sick not visiting is an easy way out. I get nauseated by looking at a thread title like "Plushy's Wife says.." (just how incestuous is that wonderland?) and don't dare to enter it.

AliceInWonderland

On the Ice
He cared enough to sit there at least twice, iirc. ;)

P.S. If a thread makes you sick not visiting is an easy way out. I get nauseated by looking at a thread title like "Plushy's Wife says.." (just how incestuous is that wonderland?) and don't dare to enter it.

? Figure skating is a niche sport, why would Putin bribe the FS judges? I'm sure he has more important things to do and if he were to bribe someone, it wouldn't be about a niche sport that most people watch once every four years. If anyone were to bribe them it would be the Skating Fed. Or sponsors of the Skating Fed.

AliceInWonderland

On the Ice
hmm..they praised yuna and said she is a champion with every step! Did we click the same link? I heard the highest praise being given. As for why they related her to russians...it's a russian broadcast and one of the highest rated ever! I'm sure some people tuned in based on hearing about yulia alone that may not know how great yuna was or understand the sport very well. There was an arena full of people that arguably didn't know!!! I only took from this that both thought kim yuna was the greatest champion..maybe ever. Ymmv. Glad i could make you lol for a change.

amen

cuon_alpinus

On the Ice
? Figure skating is a niche sport, why would Putin bribe the FS judges? I'm sure he has more important things to do and if he were to bribe someone, it wouldn't be about a niche sport that most people watch once every four years. If anyone were to bribe them it would be the Skating Fed. Or sponsors of the Skating Fed.

I am sure it was under Putin and Cinquanta's control. The media said Putin really put a lot of effort and cared especially for men's hockey and lady's figure skating. After loss over men's hockey, they really needed a gold and manipulated the result. It was kind of unspoken rule among the judges that yuna's clear performance is untouchable, but they broke this rule in this event. I don't think Putin knew how exceptional skater yuna is and what the consequences are going to be. (maybe he didn't give any **** because all he have to do is murder and give money to media). and It was planned like several years before the olympic. A lot of rumors went around before this olympic that something was going on the lady's figure skating (ukrainian short track coach had an interview about this). Kim said it wasn't an easy choice for her to join this sochi olympic and that her goal is not to get a gold medal, but to have a clean performances without any regret. (I am pretty sure she even knew before she came here) Figure skating is full of scandalous event and they finally blew most of figure skating fans after this sochi olympic.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker

I am sure Putin did not interfere - his agenda is surely too busy for that and the matter is too small. Yes, he noted Yulia. But again she has become a national icon and has raised overall interest to FS in Russia dramatically irrespectively to Putin. I wish he had bribed hockey judges, though, who set the wrong course for our team with this notorious call at the high point of our match with USA.

And he attended many events - so with idea to bribe judges everywhere, I guess? :laugh:

evangeline

Record Breaker
Vladimir Putin is a thuggish dictator and has done many repellent things, but even I have a difficult time believing that he deliberately and directly manipulated the ladies figure skating results in Sochi.

Moreover, these conspiracy theories and low blows (seriously, like posters calling Adelina "Putin's favorite"? He probably didn't know Adelina existed until the night of the SP) are ludicrous and are distracting from the real, substantive scoring issues at hand, like judges giving out positive GOEs like candy, the inconsistent and unaccountable application of rules by the tech panel, the scoring corridor, and not making proper use of the separate PCS categories.

usethis2

Medalist
You are moving goal posts. That usually gets us nowhere. I will reply to you tomorrow here because it's way past the bedtime here. Maybe we can settle the differences and find a common ground if you are willing to.

usethis2

Medalist
Moreover, these conspiracy theories and low blows (seriously, like posters calling Adelina "Putin's favorite"? He probably didn't know Adelina existed until the night of the SP) are ludicrous and are distracting from the real, substantive scoring issues at hand, like judges giving out positive GOEs like candy, the inconsistent and unaccountable application of rules by the tech panel, the scoring corridor, and not making proper use of the separate PCS categories.

Unfortunately for you and me, Adelina is indeed Putin's long time favorite and she seems proud of it. (BTW, I love to use my opponents own words/pictures for counter-arguments. It's effective. ;) )

http://instagram.com/p/kzZC8TNVoR/

Edit: Before going to bed - Putin need not speak a word to make all this happen. Don't you guys watch Game of Thrones? ;)

evangeline

Record Breaker
Unfortunately for you and me, Adelina is indeed Putin's long time favorite and she seems proud of it. (BTW, I love to use my opponents own words/pictures for counter-arguments. It's effective. ;) )

Edit: Before going to bed - Putin need not speak a word to make all this happen. Don't you guys watch Game of Thrones? ;)

Posing for a photo with a politician =/= favorite, it means PHOTO OP. Many, many athletes do this. This is really common when it comes to sports, believe it or not. Anyway, if Adelina was Putin's favorite, then why didn't she get chosen for the team event? If Putin can get her an OGM, surely he can tell Piseev to put her on the Russian team.

Is Irina Slutskaya "Putin's favorite"? Then why doesn't she have an OGM? She has so many photos with him!

Was Michelle Kwan so successful because she was "George Bush's favorite"? Where is her OGM?

Patrick Chan, Virtue/Moir and Joannie Rochette must have been "Stephen Harper's favorites" too....

PS. Game of Thrones is a fictional series.

Nadya

On the Ice

I don't think you realize how many people Putin hugs in the course of one day. Hugging is practically a part of the presidential job description.

evangeline

Record Breaker
I don't think you realize how many people Putin hugs in the course of one day. Hugging is practically a part of the presidential job description.

Look--here's a photo of Putin holding Meryl Davis' hand. That must have been the reason why Davis/White won the ice dance OGM over Virtue/Moir--Davis/White are clearly "Putin's favorites"!! And guess where Davis/White won their first world title--Moscow, RUSSIA! At a World Championships in which Putin stepped in at the last minute to host!!

AliceInWonderland

On the Ice
I am sure Putin did not interfere - his agenda is surely too busy for that and the matter is too small. Yes, he noted Yulia. But again she has become a national icon and has raised overall interest to FS in Russia dramatically irrespectively to Putin. I wish he had bribed hockey judges, though, who set the wrong course for our team with this notorious call at the high point of our match with USA.

And he attended many events - so with idea to bribe judges everywhere, I guess? :laugh:

:thumbsup:

AliceInWonderland

On the Ice
I am sure it was under Putin and Cinquanta's control. The media said Putin really put a lot of effort and cared especially for men's hockey and lady's figure skating. After loss over men's hockey, they really needed a gold and manipulated the result. It was kind of unspoken rule among the judges that yuna's clear performance is untouchable, but they broke this rule in this event. I don't think Putin knew how exceptional skater yuna is and what the consequences are going to be. (maybe he didn't give any **** because all he have to do is murder and give money to media). and It was planned like several years before the olympic. A lot of rumors went around before this olympic that something was going on the lady's figure skating (ukrainian short track coach had an interview about this). Kim said it wasn't an easy choice for her to join this sochi olympic and that her goal is not to get a gold medal, but to have a clean performances without any regret. (I am pretty sure she even knew before she came here) Figure skating is full of scandalous event and they finally blew most of figure skating fans after this sochi olympic.

Where are your sources?