Tatiana Volosozhar & Maxim Trankov | Page 109 | Golden Skate

Tatiana Volosozhar & Maxim Trankov

mttvonice

On the Ice
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this is Max & Maria's LP from the same competition as the Tanya & Stas video (2009 ISU European). Maria's part of the program was disasterous. No wonder Max had his head in his hands. As I've said before.......they said Max wasn't good enough to be Maria's partner??? :scratch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrVkFXuia5E

And here's the kiss & cry where Max is trying to be nice to Maria, but she gives nothing in return....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGCUZDazt6s

Max is wearing a jacket in the kiss & cry in the Tanya/Stas video, so I've either got my competitions mixed up, or that clip of him was shot sometime after they got their scores.

justastro

Rinkside
With the exception of the music (don't like that violin piece for a figure skating program AT ALL :disapp:), I love everything about this particular performance and their time in the kiss & cry. Even Max's stumble results in us getting to see how his "sun" cheerfully handles the situation and probably calms his little emotional fit (ha ha) quicker than he alone or anyone else could have done. .

That violin muse piece took some getting used to for me as well. But after watching it for a few times, I'm okay with it. I remember Tanya said somewhere that she knew they'd done enough to win, so she was jumping up and down celebrating, but Max was still blaming himself about the stumble (which frankly, was quite a silly mistake for him)

Arawen

Final Flight
THANK YOU for the videos kinoriH :agree: :bow: Now I know how I´m going to spend my evening :laugh:

Black Swan is my favorite LP and World´s 2012 is my absolute favorite LP-performance from them :love:

Glad I´m not alone in not liking Violin Muse-music, I am getting used to it though. Mostly thanks to their World´s 2013 performance :biggrin:

skatefan02

On the Ice
Thank you, kinoriH for putting together the huge lists of videos! I really love Tanya and Stas's Pearl Harbor. I prefer the 2010 choreography. Tatiana always looked stunning, but their 2010 Olympic LP was wonderful (also their last competitive skate together) at 1:41:48.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHYUpOUA7BE

Stas wasn't very graceful but they had amazing lifts and throws.

I love all of V/T's programs. Black Swan was great, but I thought that costume was actually the worst of Tanya's from their years together (too much illusion fabric in an unflattering cut). JCSS was amazing at Skate America 2013.

eli60056

On the Ice
My favorite SP - hands down - the Masquarade Waltz. That is what got me into them in the first place :).
JCS needed some getting used to, but now I watched it over and over again, and I have to say it has become my favorite LP.

Arawen

Final Flight
I love JCS too, but I need to get used to it as well.

Favorite SP: Godfather with Masquerade Waltz coming close second.

orangella96

Final Flight
I love JCS too, but I need to get used to it as well.

Favorite SP: Godfather with Masquerade Waltz coming close second.

:points:

EDIT.

These photos: http://vk.com/photo247681885_327049535
http://vk.com/photo247681885_327049559
are from the same rehearsal as this one http://vk.com/photo247681885_327049585...
She obviously started wearing his clothes even before the were together :laugh: :biggrin:
And I started to think about the Tanya/Stas break-up again. The worlds 2011 were moved due to the earthquake. It was in late April/beginning May.
So maybe they were broken up there already 'cause 6 months later it was October were Sasha and Max broke up....

Just a thought. Hope not too confusing ;)

annafer

On the Ice
Not trying to jump the gun or anything, but that looks like a "family photo" to me -- mother, father, daughter :laugh: Maybe someday ;)
Thought the dame thing!:biggrin:

I'll go against the current and say that I love Violin muse and the World Cup performance is one of my favorites ever. After that I'll go with JCSS. Both programs were something different from the classic pairs programs and very hard to perform to so I don't understand why some say they never try something different. As for short, Masquerade is a masterpiece, but I also liked Godfather. Bring me to life not so much lol.

Thank you for all the videos! You did such a great job kinoriH.

I think the break-up debate will never end :laugh: All we can say is that by November it looks like they were free people and probably started dating pretty soon after.

orangella96

Final Flight
I don´t like Bring me to life at all, IMO it´s not good "skating music".

I think they should've only used it for the gala but not on a competitive level....
If I remember correctly that was also their weakest programme score-wise....

annafer

On the Ice
I think they should've only used it for the gala but not on a competitive level....
If I remember correctly that was also their weakest programme score-wise....
They had any problems with it, starting with the costumes and ending up with the music which they changed many times. At almost every competition they had a different arrangement of that song.

orangella96

Final Flight
They had any problems with it, starting with the costumes and ending up with the music which they changed many times. At almost every competition they had a different arrangement of that song.

The music itself was not really skateable. I mean I like when they skate to fast songs but that was just...not right. :no:

They can deny how many times they want, but they WERE attracted to each other for longer than said

Definitely! I mean he looked longingly at her even before they skated together for example in Sweden at the Worlds (I think) in 2008!
But they never said that they didn't like eachother immediately. They just didn't tell how much they liked eachother :laugh: ;)

I will never get over when he´s groping her and at the same time tries to make her touch his butt

I can't get over the fact how he literally shoved Tanya into the arms of the French guy, but as soon as they really skated together and seemed to enjoy it he immediately dragged her back to him. Very sweet :love: