Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season | Page 293 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season

Meoima

Match Penalty
By the way, did he ask his friend to compose a song for confession for him (at -3:52)?
If I get it correctly, then

Yuzuru was asking: "So today we will stay with each other for all day?"
The singer: "It seems so."
The woman: "Staying by his side is great, isn't it?" (I am not sure how to translate it right)
Then Yuzuru joked: "Then eventually I might confess to him!"

They all laugh. It seems like a joke because they are pretty close and enjoy spending time with each other.

But my Japanese is bad, after all it's like years I haven't used Japanese at all so I am not very certain.

skatefan22

Medalist

The woman: "Staying by his side is great, isn't it?" (I am not sure how to translate it right)

They all laugh. It seems like a joke because they are pretty close and enjoy spending time with each other.

But my Japanese is bad, after all it's like years I haven't used Japanese at all so I am not very certain.

Thanks for the translation. Considering Yuzu used to joke about he himself getting pregnant, the joke this time is not a big deal. :popcorn:

Meoima

Match Penalty
In japanese 'kokuhaku' --confess-- in this context is a confession of love. Hehehehehe.
Yes, it's just a joke but if you take it seriously, then I didn't know Yuzuru's type is Sashi. So he like older guy, and shorter than him? :popcorn: okay it's just a joke but now I am seeing DaiYuzu become more real! :laugh:

skatefan22

Medalist
Yes, it's just a joke but if you take it seriously, then I didn't know Yuzuru's type is Sashi. So he like older guy, and shorter than him? :popcorn: okay it's just a joke but now I am seeing DaiYuzu become more real! :laugh:

Well, somehow I always think he might like those guys who are tall and good looking and reserved (less talkative than him) if in any case he likes guys :) don't know why...

Meoima

Match Penalty
Thank you. Just that he looked a little dissapointed to me at the end of his program. (At least to me)
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x20e550_140628-〇ぽると_sport
Edit.
This are the shows that still in Yuzuru´s scheduale:
June 28~29 Dreams on Ice
July 5~6 Fantasy on Ice Toyama
July 12~13 Fantasy on Ice Niigata
July 18~21 Prince Ice World: Tokyo
Do you think there is any chance he will take a short vacation after they are over? Or will he go stray to Canada?

A fan said his last combo was not ideal, a bit shaky or UR but it's understandable since he is still new to the program so he might not be very happy about it.

Anyways Yuzuru is not listed in the next Prince Ice World show (just check the website) so I think he might fly back to Canada right after Fantasy on ice Niigata.

lady_bee

Medalist
Yeah!! The backstage story of Yuzu & Nanami & the singer (his friend - I forgot his name..) charity collaboration.;)

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x20ep8n_羽生結弦-ウィークエンド東北-yuzuru-hanyu_sport

Big big bonus: you can hear him singing at -4:54!!!! :biggrin:

By the way, did he ask his friend to compose a song for confession for him (at -3:52)?

skatefan22, thanks for the link:)
I think he said "Could you write a song of confession(of love) ?"
Meoima, I hope you don't mind me correcting your translation,
anyway you are right about they were just joking each other.

However, I won't be surprised if Sashida write a confession song someday.

SuzyQ

Medalist

Actually, I could not hear clearly some part, but as far as I could get:

Yuzuru: (to Sashida) You look pretty cheerful (sorry I could not chatch correctly, this is totally my guess).
Sashida: Just pretending to be cheerful, it's morning, you know.
Y: I suppose you, the camera crew, did not notice, but it is very rare for eather of us to stay awake at this time of the day.
S: Yes, it's pretty early in the morning.
Y: Yes, very early.
S: Close (total) coverage all day today?
Y: It seems.
(Maybe) Crew member: Can I stay close to you?
Y: Oh, it sounds like a confession, doesn't it? I was so surprised (laghs)
Don't you think, Sasshi? Sasshi, why don't you write a song of confession? (Again, I could not catch clearly)

I thought 密着 means 密着取材.

mikaboo

Medalist
^ I think you're right. 密着 as in the camera will follow you all day.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I wish I could give a hug!:) So- proving himself to himself and the others. He's tough to himself. Perfectionist?
I've always wanted to ask this from Japanese speakers- I have a feeling he has a great sence of humor- does he?

*Hug*
I think he does have a sense of humor, but it doesn't seem to stand out very much when he is with Nobu and Kanako.
He's not on the same level as them yet :biggrin: I recall Kanako saying that he tries to be funny, but isn't successful.
But I think he's funny when he doesn't mean to be like when he is massaging his (&Pooh's) face.

mikaboo

Medalist

PatricksGaze

On the Ice
^ I think you're right. 密着 as in the camera will follow you all day.

*Hug*
I think he does have a sense of humor, but it doesn't seem to stand out very much when he is with Nobu and Kanako.
He's not on the same level as them yet :biggrin: I recall Kanako saying that he tries to be funny, but isn't successful.
But I think he's funny when he doesn't mean to be like when he is massaging his (&Pooh's) face.

I think she said that he tries to be good looking, not to be funny.

jimeonji

Final Flight
Full program of Ballade no 1. by fancam! (Suggest download first before it expired.;))

!!!! thank you for the link!! I have to say - Jeff did not disappoint. Walley (I think) transition into the 3lz2t, which is new. I will need to see him put this program in competition before I fully form an opinion, but I like it. I had been hoping for something classical so he could really work on his expression, and Jeff gives us this Chopin program :''')

Meoima

Match Penalty
!!!! thank you for the link!! I have to say - Jeff did not disappoint. Walley (I think) transition into the 3lz2t, which is new. I will need to see him put this program in competition before I fully form an opinion, but I like it. I had been hoping for something classical so he could really work on his expression, and Jeff gives us this Chopin program :''')
I like the music cut. The choreography is still very Yuzuru (wild abandon) but it works quite okay with the music. Not bad at all. Might not be a rock and shock factor like PW but I think it has certain charm.

The fancam is shaky and Yuzuru was not in top form yet, it's understandable since it's still new. But I think it's quite fresh, comparing to the guitar drone we have been suffering for 2 years.

He definitely will get better and more comfortable with it at the beginning of season. I hope they will add more ideas to the programs, like add a little bit details for the spins and footwork. I am sure Orser team will.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I was a little hesitant before but after watching it all, I do like it. The blouse might even be growing on me (it does sparkle nicely in the dark, lol).

Did I imagine it, or was Yuzuru planning to take some ballet classes. I know some were suggesting it a few pages back, but if memory serves me right, it was something that was actually in his plans for this year. A bit more refinement could make this go from a "very nice" program to stunningly gorgeous.

Much appreciation for the uploader (but really, would it have killed them to include Plushy's skate as well? :p )

jimeonji

Final Flight
I was a little hesitant before but after watching it all, I do like it. The blouse might even be growing on me (it does sparkle nicely in the dark, lol).

Did I imagine it at one point, or was Yuzuru planning to take some ballet classes. I know some were suggesting it a few pages back, but if memory serves me right, it was something that was actually in his plans for this year. A bit more refinement could make this go from a "very nice" program to stunningly gorgeous.

see, I don't know why people are hating on the blouse because I like it a lot! Purple is my favorite color!
yes, he did talk about taking ballet this year to improve his posture. I hope it's actually happening and we get to see it in his skating.

I was afraid for really bad music cuts (I mean, how do you fit an 8-9 minute piece into 2 minutes?) but I'm actually okay with the music cuts too.

foruiz

Final Flight
Yes there is indeed room for refinement, anyway his first GP assignment is still long few months to go. I think I want to book tickets to China and forget my personal political advocacies. :biggrin: I noticed the sparkle on the blouse as well, it brings out a nice touch during his spins.

Esopian

Final Flight
I think I want to book tickets to China and forget my personal political advocacies. :biggrin:

Yeah, same.

I've been to Stars on Ice in Canada, so my next wish in the next few years is to watch a live figure skating competition(in the arena), one of which Hanyu competes. Sadly, I can't just go anywhere in the world just for this due to expenses and many other factors. :cry: I do think I'll have the chance someday --if I find the perfect chance for a 1.5 week vacation in the next 4 years.