Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season | Page 294 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season

Sorrento

Record Breaker
Full program of Ballade no 1. by fancam! (Suggest download first before it expired.;))
Ahh, thank you so much!
Well, the program is beautiful. What I like about it is that every jump he does is not ended like "here, 4t" but with a small step and posure into the music tone. I love that. The blouse works amazing with the show lightning but would it have the same sparkling and mysterious effect with the daylight at the arena? Hmm... The music cut is amazing. And overall- the program is quite melancholic to me. it's not bad, it's just my feeling. The second part though is very tiring. He doesn't really have a breath right after the jump combo because he goes into a very active step sequence and spins as the music rushes the tempo. I hope he is ready to get that tired during the second part of the program and LP is tailored in a more sparing manner.

Sorrento

Record Breaker
*Hug*
I think he does have a sense of humor, but it doesn't seem to stand out very much when he is with Nobu and Kanako.
He's not on the same level as them yet :biggrin: I recall Kanako saying that he tries to be funny, but isn't successful.
But I think he's funny when he doesn't mean to be like when he is massaging his (&Pooh's) face.
Um, what I've noticed is that he is saying little things like I have an orange face I must have eaten lots of oranges (there was this moment when he was younger (2012?) and was looking in the camera for the interview amd saw himself, or when he was chosen to go to Worlds 2012 and said he "suffered" from 3S. You know - those little things, he must be saying staff like that a lot.:)
He's very cute and funny interacting with the Pooh, that's certain.:biggrin:

arcticwolf

Rinkside
I hate to say it... it looks even more feminine to me than his famous R&J2 one.

For me it doesn't look that feminine but it looks a little bit junior-ish. Like the one he wore in lp of 2010 junior worlds. I thought he'd go for something similar to his pw costume but I guess since he'll use chopin then the costume should be different since it'd be a diff genre altogether.

peppermilk

Spectator
Here is what I think is the official broadcast of Yuzuru's Ballade (full program):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMuwJtvo6Us

For me it doesn't look that feminine but it looks a little bit junior-ish. Like the one he wore in lp of 2010 junior worlds. I thought he'd go for something similar to his pw costume but I guess since he'll use chopin then the costume should be different since it'd be a diff genre altogether.

Personally I didn't like the costume in the beginning, but I think it's growing on me. It sparkles so prettily in the lighting and he really looks like a fairy prince or something :p

foruiz

Final Flight
Here is what I think is the official broadcast of Yuzuru's Ballade (full program):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMuwJtvo6Us

I think this similar to the news clip posted via dailymotion yesterday ... The official one will be in the next few days yet. There is one that a fan took so at least we have a pretty clear idea on how the full program looks. Too bad there were times when the camera was too zoomed in for step sequence but nevertheless, good job to the person who took it.

Sorrento

Record Breaker
Well, you are right about the music genre and that the costume should somehow reflect it. I get why it has a certain volume to his upper body- he's quite slim and all those tricks that are used when his costumes are made are to give him a more solid presence not the fragile one. He is still a very delicate looking guy in comparison to his older colleagues on ice.:) But by the end of the day the costume matter lot less than his skating and comfort in it. So I let it be the way he wants it.:)

peppermilk

Spectator
I think this similar to the news clip posted via dailymotion yesterday ... The official one will be in the next few days yet. There is one that a fan took so at least we have a pretty clear idea on how the full program looks. Too bad there were times when the camera was too zoomed in for step sequence but nevertheless, good job to the person who took it.

Yes you're right, sorry. I saw it on Tumblr and the start of it looked promising, so I just posted it. Apologies ^^;

giulia95

Medalist
Many thanks for the link!! :bow:

the choreo is still unfunished and quite empty here and there.. I like transitions before and after jumps, music cuts and general atmosphere remainds me of Mao's program and style and I would dare to say this is Russian style.

Ballet lessons are mandatory!!:laugh:

the music is very Romantic, the costume is quite Romantic and elegant too, the Prince is back on the ice in his comfort zone. There's a lot of potential in this SP if it will be properly developed!! GOOOO YUZUUU!!!!:clap:

littlexflower

Rinkside
oh no it's set private :( anyone can help me with a new link?
anyway thank you so much all Yuzu's amazing fans in this thread. you guys keep me updated with informative source and all videos, photos, etc.
Personally I love his new costume. Some might complain it's too big for him but actually this kind of blouse makes him more well-built imo, not too skinny like R&J2 costume made him appear to be.
Can't wait to watch his new programs in competitions!

pooh91

Rinkside
oh no it's set private :( anyone can help me with a new link?
anyway thank you so much all Yuzu's amazing fans in this thread. you guys keep me updated with informative source and all videos, photos, etc.
Personally I love his new costume. Some might complain it's too big for him but actually this kind of blouse makes him more well-built imo, not too skinny like R&J2 costume made him appear to be.
Can't wait to watch his new programs in competitions!

just scroll down a bit: http://vk.com/yuzuru_hanyu

any news on today's show? I only read he fell on his 4t and step out of 3Lz without combination but successfully landed 4Lo (and 4t?) at the end...edit: some people wrote it was 4S not 4Lo??

mikaboo

Medalist
^ Thanks for the link pooh91. I don't understand Russian, but it looks like a fun page to look at the pictures.

I think he did a 4S. Too bad it wasn't a 4Lo since there were cameras there today & tonight.

Edit: made a mistake on the name of the jump!

echotpe

On the Ice
Forward and translate an interesting repo:

Yuzu fell 4T in today’s Ballade no 1, but other jumps were clean, not to mention the steps sequence were fascinated ever. At finale, when collaborating with Plusy in jump, he played a quad(4T). It’s not the end. He then played a very imposing quad(4S) alone.

The repo commented: It's hard for this guy to lose a little bit. :laugh:

skatefan22

Medalist
I don't remember which video/interview I read, but here is video of Kanako hesitantly denying that Yuzuru is funny.
http://youtu.be/Zs64DLaRIiQ?t=8m55s
"No...he's not funny. But his jumps, spins and connecting elements are good, especially his axels. He tries to act cool though"

Probably the reporter asked Kana whether Yuzu is funny, so she said he is not. She didn't say anything about Yuzu trying to be funny though.

makaihime

Final Flight
Thank you for the links :love:

The 3A is very nicely integrated into the choreograph and music :thumbsup: The linking steps into the 4T were also very nice, and the ending SS! :yay: Gorgeously done but also very tiring, so he's going to need to focus. I love it already, can't wait to see the finished product.

I'm happy with both Javi and Yuzu's SP this season, now to wait for their FP :biggrin:

yay

On the Ice
As for the costume - I like that it's single-coloured. The more simple and, may I say, more modest it is, the better. After all, it's a tragic musical piece with a tragic historical background.
The program - not sure yet. I'm gonna wait till the 30th to make an actual first impression. Fan cams never work for me - had to stop watching. Loved that spreadeagle entrance/exit, though.
Anyway, I'm happy with the music choice. There are passion, tenderness, intensity and fragility at the same time - it's challenging to reflect, though. I hope choreographers did justice to the beauty of the piece (or will eventually). Btw, who is choreographing the program?