Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season | Page 297 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
:cry::cry::cry:
Noooooooooooooooo
No more Weir-ish! Please! Crying! Fingers cross!
See, sensitive... Personally I like skaters that use very regular clothes costumes. I like his Ballade costume, it just look really pretty in the ice (I could do with out the sheer) but over all I like it.

skatefan22

Medalist
Yuzuru: May be correct. I'm not going to deny it. Everytime we meet, she says to me "Narushi dayone (some nuance of I know you are a narushi)" I'm not so conscious about that though.

His tone and voice when saying this is sooooo gentle. :yay:

Pamigena

Record Breaker
The news about Yuzuru Hanyu skating his new SP to Chopin's Ballad no. 1 has just made my weekend. What can I say, I'm an (amateur) pianist; loving Chopin's music comes with the territory. ;-)

The only thing that disappoints me is the costume. Oh, it's very pretty, but I actually love those OTT extravagant costumes he seems to enjoy so much.
I get that :biggrin: both points actually.
I'm also very happy about Chopin. I used to love playing that :yes: back in the day you could hand me Chopin or Mozart any day of the week. I just never have any trouble getting into their music.
And I think I can get over the blouse. It really did look OK as soon as he started moving and it does suit the music. (and I can still keep my hopes up for the FS costume... yes, Meoima, sorry, I'm countering your prayers with my own :biggrin: )

skatefan22

Medalist
And I think I can get over the blouse. It really did look OK as soon as he started moving and it does suit the music. (and I can still keep my hopes up for the FS costume... yes, Meoima, sorry, I'm countering your prayers with my own :biggrin: )

Just my guess: Yuzu seems to be a very loyal person. Once he develops a certain kind of fond towards something, he sticks to that thing like forever, for example, pooh, earphone, j-pop.

Considering he used to say that he has long for a weir-type of costume since he was young, and his new SP costume is not showing a change of taste, I guess the probability of him inviting Weir again to design his new costume is pretty high.

What's more, the timing of Weir visiting Japan is somewhat perfect for a discussion of this matter. :popcorn: We will see in August anyway. ;)

ayarose

On the Ice
:cry::cry::cry:
Noooooooooooooooo
No more Weir-ish! Please! Crying! Fingers cross!

How about a prayer - circle for a non-Weirish costume for LP?:yes:

But even if it ends up to be another Johnny Weir, I tend to get lost in the skating and forget the costumes. I think it came with years of watching Johnnys (Japanese idols) through the years, all the feathers, glitters and whatever rocks their boats.

PatricksGaze

On the Ice
I definitely agree with skatefan22, exactly my thoughts.
I think we should concede and wait for another Weirish costume whether we want it or not. If it doesn't happen, fine, but you sure don't want to be frustrated.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Sorry, I didn't realize his clothes are such a sensitive topic of discussion. :-/

I can see how some wouldn't like the Johnny Weir thing. Fact is, I only got into this whole figure skating appreciation business some years ago, so seeing 'odd' costumes is still new to me.
Hhhmm how to put it, I like seeing skaters do something that makes them stand out? :)

Just played a whole lot of Chopin, inc that ballad. Can't wait to see the whole SP. The (IMHO) prettiest part of the ballad wasn't actually in the clips of the SP, I hope it will feature in the full version.

Meoima

Match Penalty
It's good to see Shoma is not the size of Yuzuru's leg any longer, he actually did grew up.
He looks 1m55-57 in the photo it seems (Yuzuru is slouching). Oh my god Shoma in the past...:eek::eek: how can he be that small...

ioanna

Record Breaker
It's very hard to tell. They'll probably keep pushing Keiji and Ryuju for now. But Shoma did manage to beat Keiji at the Junior Worlds this year by 14 points. He also placed higher at the Nationals. This should make Keiji worry a bit.