Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season | Page 301 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season

ayarose

On the Ice
thanks for the vids and pics.

LOL for Yuzu always falling on the day of broadcast. I wonder where he will perform the LP first, maybe he'll just do a presscon?

Ballade was lovely, he needs to work more on his stamina because if he fails the combination he'll miss an element. It is more physically demanding than PW so he needs to stay healthy. I hope he takes a long breather after FaOI. A bit OOT but, is Friends on Ice still pushing thru? I worry Yuzu might participate in it because of Shizuka if somebody ask him to.

foruiz

Final Flight
Wow, the pages suddenly shot up this past hours! I like the SP, subarashii! Too bad it was filmed on the 2nd day, the TV networks ought to know by now that they should film programs and shows on the first day instead so that the skaters would not be so tired yet. In this official tv video, he missed the quad toe and also the combination right? Good thing we have the fan vid to back that one up. I like the step sequence too, the SP could use some tweaking but of course it is still 10% done, by the time his competition date gets nearer I am sure the program would be close to perfect.

And on that other video, wow that quad loop is beautiful! :clap:

jimeonji

Final Flight
A bit OOT but, is Friends on Ice still pushing thru? I worry Yuzu might participate in it because of Shizuka if somebody ask him to.

I believe so. Some rumors are flying around that Shizuka will ask Dai to head it or something, but I think those are very much rumors, so we'll see. He's not listed on the cast, but being so late in the off season, the cast is not complete. He will have a while after the last FaOI show in mid July assuming no changes - he's not listed for PIW Tokyo or The Ice, so even if he does FOI he'll have plenty of time to spend back in Canada.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Yuzu makes quad loop look easy. :bow:

But I guess doing it in practice is really different from doing it in competition, where you have to worry about the other aspects of your program, where you're tired if you do it later--and get tired afterwards if you do it first. I think he fell in the SP because of the quad past the halfway mark (I think it looked UR on replay too :cry:). Even though it's only one minute after the program starts, it's probably still draining to do a 4T after a 3A (Makes me feel for Lambiel all those years, who always had to do the 3A first since it was the harder jump for him). Yuzu has the most effortless 3A and 4T of this generation, but it's still tough stuff these skaters are doing out there.

The step sequence is a very... "COP." :laugh: But it works with the soft music and program. Explosive step sequence probably wouldn't fit here.

Wonderful to hit the 4T in the finale though! Low landing and he saved it with those excellent soft knees (lol, another Lambiel flashback).

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
Wow,so many new pages here. I'm so sorry that I didn't have enough time to keep up with this thread (exams :scowl:).

I just love his new SP and I can't wait to see it in competitions. It's a very complex and demanding program. I hope he'll manage to have clean SP next season.

(Am I the only one who doesn't want to see the long program yet? I want it to be a surprise:laugh: )

Esopian

Final Flight
This comment was in the "2014-15 Grand Prix assignments thread", I thought I'd re-post great explanation by Meoima in Hanyu's fanfest:

He said in the interview that his current SP is just 10% complete, at first I thought he said so because he was not satisfied with the performance. But after watching the program I can see that he spoke the truth. The layout might stay the same but the details are not there yet, JB and Yuzuru will have to add more work, it seems so. But overall this SP has potential to be wayyy better, even than his PW short. It is very very different. I hope he will catch up with the demanding artistry for this piece.

He might perform it again at Fantasy on ice shows which are coming soon, so there is high chance we will have a better version of his new SP next week.

For the Ballade no.1 SP, I'm happy that Yuzu gave the fans a sneak-peek of it in-the-making. He seems to have a different kind of determination in him during competitions compared to exhibitions, so we'll definitely be surprised when we watch his performance when the actual season starts. Also for his FS, I'm really looking forward to the choreography by Shae-Lynn Bourne!! :biggrin:

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
I hope Yuzuru go to Canada and don´t take any more shows that the ones that are already on his scheduale. He really needs his rest and to start focusing on the next season. C

cruzceleste

Record Breaker

won0066

On the Ice
EDIT2.
Dear Nike, sponsor the kid, he looks great in any clothes

Totally agree....along with Under Amour. They need to sign Yuzuru!! Any shirt he wears seems to sell out quickly...like the black tshirt he wore for his Change program.

On another note, did anyone notice that Team France was wearing the same Nike warmup jacket that Yuzuru was wearing during the national anthem before the France Nigeria quarterfinal game, world cup?? Im sure there will be crazy sales of that jacket shortly!!!

skatefan22

Medalist
Can anyone translate? Please...

Some of my friends help translate this: ''Good evening, I have finally finished my training today! (。ノω<。) Could you help me repair my blades tomorrow? There are two pairs. I forgot one. My sister will bring it to you!"

-- good sister ~~;)