Which singles skaters' PBs can be blown away? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Which singles skaters' PBs can be blown away?

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
Most of the skaters younger than 25 have chances to incease their PBs.
Why don't you point out "very difficult cases"?

Nobunari Oda
For anyone without quads, it's absolutely impossible to renew his scores at NHK.
Even if has a quad, it's still very difficult.

Yuna Kim's SP
71.95 is 4-5 points inflated, a conjuncture created by many fortunate conditions.
Something like this could happen for someone once in a season.

Meissner's LP
She definitely needs a 3A or a 3-3Lo combo to break her PB.

Katy Taylor
Her scores at 4CC are 25 points higher than her second best.
I know the Americans wanted an American to win.

Actually that is a good idea too. We could also look at those we think will have an extremely difficult challenge to increase their PB. Oda's PBs in both short and long that he set at NHK could stand a long long time, even if he gets a quad in fact. Takahashi's short program PB at NHK, will be very hard to beat for him, again perhaps even with a quad. I dont see Joubert beating his short program PB from Worlds anytime soon. I think Lysacek's long program PB from Four Continents last year will also be very hard for him to beat. If Plushenko does return, I dont see anyway he ever beats his short or long program PBs set in Turin.

As for women I think Yu-Na Kim may never beat her current short program PB. Ando has a challenge upcoming too, in order to top her short or long program PBs from Worlds I think. Meissner's long program PB wont be beat probably unless he puts the triple axel in her program along with the triple-triples, and again skates a flawless and inspired performance.