Article on Duhamel & Buntin | Golden Skate

Article on Duhamel & Buntin

feraina

Record Breaker
I don't know why but I really like this pair and want to see them do well. Here's a great article on their season so far:
http://www.skatetoday.com/2008/01/30/lucky-seven-for-duhamel-and-buntin/
They're both such fighters, especially little Meagan! It's amazing what she went through her last year as a ladies singles skater, and she still managed to place 6th at National's.

I'm really impressed by the amount of progress they've made in six months as a pair. I see more confidence and polish in Meagan's skating than ever before. Craig also seems to be skating with more passion and heart than ever. Their choreographer is apparently to be doing wonders for them. Or maybe this is what they call "chemistry." :love:

Here's wishing them the best of luck at the World Championship! :rock:

Last edited by a moderator:

laceup

On the Ice
When I was little my parents told me "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all" ..... therefore, I will not comment on this new team :)

fumie_fumie

Final Flight
Too bad laceup,

I truly hope DB will grow on you; they will sneak up on you a little bit at a time. I am sure you will get to love them.

laceup

On the Ice
It's not that I don't want to like them, so fumie_fumie, I hope you are right ..... time will tell!

Winnipeg

Final Flight
Too bad laceup,

I truly hope DB will grow on you; they will sneak up on you a little bit at a time. I am sure you will get to love them.

I heard Buntin suffered a shoulder injury at the gala at Nationals. Do you know if this has healed?

fumie_fumie

Final Flight
Yeah,

Buntin had an injury, which I believe caused them to cancel their trip to 4cc. I hope it is not too serious and Craig recovers before Worlds.

It is not really a good timing at all, considering they got work cut out for them: they should increase the level of difficulty in lifts, practice on sbs jumps and throw 3lutzs for Worlds. As laceup pointed out at the Nationals, Megan in particular needs to polish her skating and presentation as well as a pair lady.

feraina

Record Breaker
As laceup pointed out at the Nationals, Megan in particular needs to polish her skating and presentation as well as a pair lady.

Well, Meagan can work on these things on her own even if Craig is injured.

I hope Craig recovers in time to train sufficiently for Worlds! If they had to withdraw from Worlds, or even if they manage to go but then perform below expectation because of the lack of training, I think that would be really sad. They worked so hard this season, and it was such a reward for them to get a ticket to WC. It would be such a shame if they can't put out what they have been training for all season.

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
The short answer is that when you have two teams that aren't known or placed highly by international judges, its better to have both of them skate, hoping the higher placement plus Dube/Davison's will earn three places. I don't think Miller/Moram have the same chance as Duhamel/Buntin, and the pressure would be on Langlois/Hay.

Last year at Worlds, Canada earned three spots because Marcoux/Buntin placed 6th and Dube/Davison 7th. Langlois/Hay were 10th. Unless a complete disaster happens, Dube/Davison will not place higher than Savchenko/Szolkowy, Zhang/Zhang, or Pang/Tong. Last year at Worlds, they were beaten by Marcoux/Buntin (split) and Volosozhar/Morosov, who had a great Worlds but have not skated quite as strongly since. I think if Dube/Davison return to earlier form, they will be competing with V/M, Murhortova/Trankov, and Kawaguchi/Smirnov for 4-7, with Inoue/Baldwin also competitive in this range if they are consistent. If they can blow the lights out, I think Langlois/Hay have a shot at 7th. If D/D can place 5th, L/H can place 8th to retain three spots.

Duhamel/Buntin were third at Canadian Nationals, a little less than 5 points behind winners Langlois/Hay, keeping in mind that Dube/Davison had a disastrous SP and not so great FS, finishing almost 30 points below their GPF score at Nationals. Langlois/Hay held it together under pressure in the FS: the title was within reach, and it would be Langlois's first.

At Skate Canada (early in the season), Langlois/Hay scored a little over 11 points over Duhamel/Buntin, but D/B have made marked improvements since then, and Langlois/Hay were weak at NHK, earning slightly more than D/B did at SC.

I've always liked Craig as a sturdy he-man type of Pairs partner, but at Skate Canada and a few youtubes later, I found him lacking interest. Maybe he's now got those sbs jumps back. Hope so.

Joe

Winnipeg

Final Flight
I am now really worried about the longevity of this team...........in another board, I read he has a rotator cuff injury that needs surgery now............they cannot practice lifts, throws, now and i doubt they will be ready for Worlds.............given the newness of this team and the apparent serious nature of his injury............do you think the team will ever recover to go on for 2010?

What bad luck for Duhamel too..................

Someone please tell me I am overly pessimistic.................