3 f fall
3 lz fall
3 l2t
think poykiö might havr bronze
3 s 2 a
reminds me of Korpi but i think Korpi's free was skated better

kikakiks

On the Ice
Today is te last day I watch figure skating.

Kostner was given level 1 in one of her spins in the FS....

Whatever, why was the tech panel strict with everyone except the finns?

Bleah, this is horrible.
I am sure, though that this is a good result for this forum.
As someone else pointed out, She was better than at worlds and got 12 points less.

the new euro chmapion has 3 triples....WHAT A JOKE. We'll see how the Euro champ fares at worlds! Ah AH AH what a joke

Kissx3

Final Flight
I have to congratulate Leonova. Took a look at her profile, this is a new best for her in the long, with her bests in short & total both coming from the CoR two months ago, the day before her 18th birthday. She's moved 12 - 6 at her two Junior Worlds showings, just got 4th at her very first Euros and basically appears to have major potential to become a force, especially as she gains the all important reputation points.

turtle

On the Ice
Kostner lost it in the short, but go and see her spiral sequence and count the seconds. IT IS A LEVEL 4. With 3 points more (53) she would be the champion already. Plus, now they just said that they did not count one of kostner's spins (not even in the pdf) it seems like the computer did not registered.

Hmm, if that's true and it is indeed an error on the judge's part, I wonder what they would do... reverse the placement? Will be interesting to see.

beep_beep

Medalist

Bleah, this is horrible.
As someone else pointed out, She was better than at worlds and got 12 points less.

the new euro chmapion has 3 triples....WHAT A JOKE. We'll see how the Euro champ fares at worlds! Ah AH AH what a joke

That's some sport spirit... :frown2:

Congrats to the Russian ladies, 4th and 6th, what an improvement

kalle

On the Ice

Bleah, this is horrible.

Why so upset..better do 3 different triples good than 5 sloppy ones..Anyway, Carolina skated better than in a long time and she wil come back strong in LA.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
I would think if it was a computer error regarding Kostne's score and she did have the points to win they should reverse it. They did it in Oda's case at Japanese Nationals a couple of years ago and he took home Silver instead of Gold. Oh the Drama of it all. I did not see the skating so I really can't comment yet on that, but I have to admit I am very happy for Laura.

Last edited:

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
Thanks for the technical descriptions, figuristka. :)

Congratulations to Laura Lepisto, a lovely skater. :)

And a big salute to Alena Leonova for what I think is a breakthrough. I am very proud of her skate; it was full of spirit and courage. :clap:

Buttercup

Record Breaker
I thought Lepisto was very lucky with the marks today, however, Carolina Kostner got some help from the judges yesterday so I guess it all works out. But yes, I thought the difference between Caro and Laura should've been bigger today. I'm very happy Susanna Poykio got the bronze - she's lovely.

Meanwhile, does anyone remember this thread about the Russian Federation's expectations from its skaters? Well, in light of today's results, I think I was right: those expectations were only unrealistic for the men. Leonova had the highest tech score on the free!

Last edited:

kikakiks

On the Ice
They just said that since it is a cmpliant on a Lvel and not a cancelled element nothing can be done....sigh...and whatever.....

Lepisto the new Euro HERO

turtle

On the Ice
I was rooting for Lepisto but I would not like it if she won because of a computer or judge's error. I'm a little disappointed also that the top 3 had only four triples, I was expecting a winner to have five at least and Carolina and Lepisto to go for 3-3.

jiggs

On the Ice
I am soooo disappointed with those scores. Lepistö's PCS - how could they just become this high within one competition!?!?!?!?

beep_beep

Medalist
Kostner's skating is great, her speed is fabulous, her jumps are huge, great edges. I don't like her telegraphing and when she wins medals with really sloppy programs (like worlds last year).

She had a really rough outing in the short here, I think she should have been lower. I watched her SP from Nebelhorn and I loved the spark it had there. Didn't happen yesterday. She deserved to be in first in the FS today (just 4 triples, clean ones at least...this competition was a joke on tech-wise but that is another topic...). Just my half-cent...

And here is to hoping that Kostner(and everybody else) has a great WC in march

kikakiks

On the Ice
Carolina took level 0 on the change foot combo spin...
Or better, it was level 3 but the element was considered invalid.:sheesh:

Can anyoone explain me that? (technically please, and not in a FAN way)