Starting Order | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Starting Order

kikakiks

On the Ice
I as well think Lepisto is a beutiful skater, though I don't like her as much as Sarah Meier, and i do Prefer Korpi and Poykio over her (though I recognize they were worse in this competition).

I (and others) are mad at the results because of many factors:

- me personally about the level 1 spiral in the short (which that alone cost K. the title)
- the silly mistake on the spin (which I'm blaming the skater, though I would like to check the WHOLE competition to see if anyone else has done the same mistake and it hasn't been counted)
- what I am most mad about is how deliberately Lepisto was held up in her scores, and apparently noone else cares (or maybe just a few) because the rest of the people here are just happy that finally Kostner hasn't won!:cool:

Short Program: I understand Kostner's short was not great, and as a matter of fact she was dinged pretty hard also on the pcs (all in the 6s, whole usually she gets only transitions in the 6..) still this program was very enjoyable and she sold it well. On the same day Lepisto was given higher pcs than usual, but whatever we're in finland, it' ok...
The real problem is in the long, where Carolina with a better than usual program, interpreted, with no hands down and things interrupting the flow she gets pcs comparable to usual.

On the other hand finnish girl Lepisto gets 5 points more of PCS than she usually gets I am not saying 2 or max 3...I am syaing 5!! points are a lot to be gained in just one competition, especially when your long hasn't been that great!

her jump content was:

triple toe DOUBLED toe
POPPED Lutz
triple loop double toe
triple Salchow (strong off balance) double toe
triple loop
two double Axels

Not even at american nationals they would have given 110 for a long with those jumps. not even to alyssa....

And the sad thing is that those generous points were given not before Carolina's program. Lepisto skated just after, and that 5 points pc boost was given to her to win.

Obviously noone complains now, since it's better to make champion a corrupt finn than a corrupt italin right? And don't say that those pcs are deserved, because even if they were how come were they 5 points (not one nor two) below during the GP were she had comparable outings?. I repeat, one thing is to speak about 2 points, but 5 points in one competition (not over time) is ridiculous and makes the finnish federation game so obvious.

It will be interesting to see if at worlds judges will now conform to the INCREDIBLE improvement in skating and artistic value of Lepisto which was seen in Helsinki or they will go back to their usual marks....:rofl:

Another paradox: everyone complains that kostner never skates cleand, and that it is better to skate clean with less difficulty than doing more jumps with hands down.
Well, this is the competitions were she skated clean and did less difficulty, but still this reasoning applied only to another skater

GiuliaPlum

On the Ice
According to Kostner's website, the Italian skating federation has sent a complaint to ISU for "a doubtful interpretation of the regulation" about the second spin. This complaint has been accepted and now has to be discussed. The news was published yesterday.
reference: www.icewire.it

p.s. not the best English, sorry

eleonora.d

On the Ice
she actually did presented it immediately or at least her manager told the media so. I knew about it right after the victory cerimony. probably it was not accepted immediately.

I think she did the right thing. I suppose there is nothing to do about a very stupid rule (one more turn in a spin and the spin is not counted? I mean, I'd understand if it's about less turns).

Probably it was a very precise interpretation of the rules but I agrre with kikakis and doubt judges have been so harsh with each of the skaters that night.

Then I'm still convinced she was robbed as Lepisto's pcs were as high as ever. I mean 5 points better then her personal PCS best.. this is A LOT! what a coincidence she has it on the occasion of Euros at home, with Kostner robbed of a spin and with the finnish referee in the panel.

As far as I know nothing can be done after the VC. They will probably call the panel to discuss what happened.
Maybe they'll do some meeting to discuss about spins for the new season's rules. Nothing more than that.

eleonora.d

On the Ice
Obviously noone complains now, since it's better to make champion a corrupt finn than a corrupt italin right?

You're so right, but the sad thing is that I'm getting used to prejudices about italians.
I was also very aware before coming to Helsinki, and even more when I arrived there, that it was meant to be like this. I Only hope that Caro will skate clean at Worlds and may have something "in return", but for me it's always a big emotion to watch her win a Euro title, even though most of people think it's worth nothing, so this year I have to say I was so disappointed..especially because her skate was good..she had PB!:cry:

goldenstar

Spectator
:banging::banging::banging:
she actually did presented it immediately or at least her manager told the media so. I knew about it right after the victory cerimony. probably it was not accepted immediately.

I think she did the right thing. I suppose there is nothing to do about a very stupid rule (one more turn in a spin and the spin is not counted? I mean, I'd understand if it's about less turns).

Probably it was a very precise interpretation of the rules but I agrre with kikakis and doubt judges have been so harsh with each of the skaters that night.

Then I'm still convinced she was robbed as Lepisto's pcs were as high as ever. I mean 5 points better then her personal PCS best.. this is A LOT! what a coincidence she has it on the occasion of Euros at home, with Kostner robbed of a spin and with the finnish referee in the panel.

As far as I know nothing can be done after the VC. They will probably call the panel to discuss what happened.
Maybe they'll do some meeting to discuss about spins for the new season's rules. Nothing more than that.

I think you don't know nothing about rules. For God sake, Laura didn't won, because Europeans were in Finland. And yes, Carolina is overall better, but this time Laura were. You are just mad, because you countryman didn't won. If you know, there is no change that judges favour Laura or other Finnish skater. And why they favaur, our country is little and they have nothing advantege for that that they put finnish skater first palce. Yuo must be stupid or something.

Kati

On the Ice
I find this discussion very interesting. Why do the judges bother to please the organizing comittee and give the home country skaters huge gifts? Is this valid every year, every place where the major competitions are held? What about Julia Sebestyen's win in Hungary, the japanese girls in Japan, the americans and the russians? Or are the finns, in your opinion, the only skaters ever gifted by the judges? Why do the judges want to please such a small nation and such a little comittee?

It's interesting to see what will happen in L.A., Tallinn, Vancouver, Italy... ;)