as per FSU (taken from a Russian forum)

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Mukhortova/Trankov:
SP music: Appassionata by Secret Garden
LP music: Love Story :unsure:

Great music, but Love Story? This pair has to start looking at each other first.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
I think the use of Love Story should incur a music deduction. A big one. It's so blah and the programs end up matching the lame music. I had hoped for better from M/T.

Meanwhile, over on the Kerrs' message board, John announces that the music for the coming season will be:
I've been Everywhere- Johnny Cash
Krwing- Linkin Park

I assume he means for the FD? Does anyone know?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I love the theme from Love Story... especially the arrangement S/P used :yes:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Johnny Cash would be for the OD--if so, not a good choice, because I've Been Everywhere is more travel ad than folk song. However, given they went really authentic last time, I guess they can have a pass from me this time. :laugh:

antmanb

Record Breaker
Johnny Cash would be for the OD--if so, not a good choice, because I've Been Everywhere is more travel ad than folk song. However, given they went really authentic last time, I guess they can have a pass from me this time. :laugh:

I think it's a shame they did the folk ODs so close together otherwise i think another authentic scottish dance would have been great. The only thing I guess is that they've inspired a few scottish ODs this year so perhaps they want to separate themselves a little and not go there again! Shame so more dancers don't think the same way!

Ant

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Ian Martinez's SP song has been identified as "Higher Ground" by Stevie Wonder.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker

Who else can believe we are getting folk dance AGAIN. "I've Been Everywhere" is obviously not known as an annoying commecrial in Britain, or they would not have picked that. Johnny Cash so many great songs. Why that one?

evangeline

Record Breaker
Mukhortova/Trankov:
SP music: Appassionata by Secret Garden
LP music: Love Story :unsure:

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Love Story?! Love Story?!

I have a feeling that this will be epic either way.

At the very least, the thought of a Russian pair skating to Love Story at an Olympics held in Canada will get the Canadian media in a twist. I still remember how some people fussed about Kawaguchi/Smirnov skating to Love Story.

Last edited:

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker

I have a feeling that this will be going to epic either way.

At the very least, the thought of a Russian pair skating to Love Story at an Olympics held in Canada will get the Canadian media in a twist. I still remember how some people fussed about Kawaguchi/Smirnov skating to Love Story.

That's why it's so awesome. I don't think it suits them, but it's still awesome. I look forward to the "how dare theys"

life684

Final Flight

I have a feeling that this will be going to epic either way.

I hope the artistry is not just limited to lipstick on the collar of Trankov.

Mukhortova and Trankov are definitely artistic, and last year's short program showed us that they can connect with each other. If they are able to do that the program will be certainly enjoyable.

100yen

You can't explain witchcraft
Medalist
Maia & Alex Shibutani music choices!

Original Dance: Itsuka Mata (Japanese Folk) by Tetsuro Naito
Ao-ki Kaze (Japanese Folk) by Ryutaro Kaneko
Itsuka Mata (Japanese Folk) by Tetsuro Naito

Free Dance: Tango Rhapsody by Luis Enriques Bacalov

haejin14

Spectator
I can't wait to see Kerr's OD! So much fun!! :clap:
I'm not sure about Mukhortova/Trankov 'Love Story' though. :laugh: Maria does not look like she can pretend to love Max and Max can't pretend to love Maria. :scratch:
SHIBUTANI!! A Japanese OD?!? So great! They will rock the Yoyogi stadium in junior Grande Prix Final!! I'm so so happy for their tango! :biggrin:

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
Maia & Alex Shibutani music choices!

Original Dance: Itsuka Mata (Japanese Folk) by Tetsuro Naito
Ao-ki Kaze (Japanese Folk) by Ryutaro Kaneko
Itsuka Mata (Japanese Folk) by Tetsuro Naito

Free Dance: Tango Rhapsody by Luis Enriques Bacalov

Interesting choices. Hopefully, they can pull these two off.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I know Shibutanis can do a Japanese folk-they did a great one in 2008, and used it as an exhibition all last season. I am so happy about this! Especially with the JGPF in Japan!

But I fear for the Tango FD a bit. Igor has done so many Tango FD's...I hope it won't be generic Igor.