Evan Lysacek-The Hero of the day | Golden Skate

Evan Lysacek-The Hero of the day

chrissy51

Rinkside
Johnny skated a really good program too. It's going to be hard but I hope he can move up to a medal position.

Layfan

Record Breaker
Vlad, you are aways so cool and appreciative about the American skaters, men and women ... thanks for giving Evan his due.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
He is my hero. I don't remember being that happy after a performance since his SP at worlds last year. This whole situation is uncannily like last year's worlds... The not so good nationals, the quad absence, the foot injury, the emotion.

merrywidow

Record Breaker
It is such a pleasure to read a complimentary posting (blog?) about so many skaters. I get so bored reading negative posts. You must have a great personality, Vlad & a happy outlook on life. I always feel negative postings are made by people who are unhappy with themselves.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Thank you Vlad. Great Blog. Evan and all of the men competing have worked so hard over the years to earn their place at the Olympics and I respect what each and everyone of them brings to this competition. If Evan wins the Gold I am going to start a Congratulations Evan thread. I am sure that will go over well. lol.

Figure88

On the Ice
If Evan wins the Gold I am going to start a Congratulations Evan thread. I am sure that will go over well. lol.

Evan is definitely deserving if that does happen. He's the hardest worker. The commentators were talking about how other skaters only skated parts of their run through, while took Evan took the time to run through his performance from start to finish. I'm sure skating is very difficult for him, since he's so tall, but he works hard at cultivating what he has.

fairly4

Medalist
he skates like that in the long -he just might win it. ,
a hero no- ahard worker yes-person who cares, yes. hero to me implies something totally different that doesn't include winning a competition. it means giving up your life to Save someone else--and to me sports don't fulfill that requirement.

heyang

Record Breaker
he skates like that in the long -he just might win it. ,
a hero no- ahard worker yes-person who cares, yes. hero to me implies something totally different that doesn't include winning a competition. it means giving up your life to Save someone else--and to me sports don't fulfill that requirement.

I, generally, define a hero as someone who is self-sacrificing and does something because it's the right thing to do - the person is a worthy role model. So, Evan has worked hard all these years and has handled himself well in public, doesn't blame anything for bad performances, etc; I wouldn't mind having a boyfriend with those qualities. You don't have to save someone to be a hero, unless you include saving someone from self-destructive behaviors by acting as a role model.

SweetPea21307

Rinkside
Wow, I think that was the first positive thing I've seen about Evan on this forum! Thanks for the great and positive article Vlad, its such a refreshing change! I was happy for Evan last night!!

chrissy51

Rinkside
I won't be negative. Johnny is my fav. but I do hope that Evan can hold it together for a medal, I like all three at the top so either one winning the gold would be good. But I would be absolutely divinely happy if by some mirical Johnny could get a placement, I know, I'm dreaming.

Jhar55

Medalist
So happy for Evan hope he does well in the long don't want to jinx him so won't say hope he wins. That would be SWEET.
Be fan of Ean's since Skate America in Pittsburg a time when almost everyone just about wrote him off.
Good Luck in the long Evan !!!!!!!!! Any color of medal you'll still be a winner!!!!!

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It is such a pleasure to read a complimentary posting (blog?) about so many skaters. I get so bored reading negative posts. You must have a great personality, Vlad & a happy outlook on life. I always feel negative postings are made by people who are unhappy with themselves.

ITA! Thanks!