2023 Grand Prix Espoo Rhythm Dance | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2023 Grand Prix Espoo Rhythm Dance

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sorry, have to disagree with you there. :slink:

That's what makes a skating board, and I know I don't have great technical expertise, so it's just my opinion. :) Respectful disagreement makes the world go round.

But I don't like Queen. Not even just these cuts, I don't like Queen. And I like this program. Better than Top Gun and better than whatever nickname we have for Carrera Ponomarenko ( I liked all of the names) and etc.

So I'll stand alone on this hill:biggrin:

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If Debi Thomas could ice dance she would've killed the 80s theme skating to Cold Hearted Snake

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
From Skating Scores
1700248145676.png

kolyadafan2002

Fan of Kolyada
Final Flight
But Madi and Evan (yes even Madi even her edges) are so much better than the others in the last flight. They just are.And I quite like Top Gun (yes unsophisticated).
Madi's edges are actually pretty decent, for me the issue is more power/pushing related (which is often why the programs are choreographed with her doing artistic elements where Evan can provide more of the power).

When I watch her turns, they are generally well-executed (I wouldn't say perfect level 4s like she gets nowadays, but certainly better executed than many ice dancers). Even more so since going to Marie-France.

Either way for me I think this was much better performance than Skate America, although FB/S certainly have strengths in some aspects over Chock/Bates. TN and CP as well (although CP for me are a team with really strong strengths with just a couple things holding them back). The Finns got very low levels on turn elements, I think which indicates what they really need to work on.

Andrea82

Medalist
Breakdown of marks

Prins (Netherlands) and Kliushnikov (Azerbaijan) had FB-S into the lead.
Norway, Czech, Netherlands, Azerbaijan, Finland and Germany judges had Turkilla/Versluis into 3rd
Canadian and US judge put Carreira/Ponomarenko 3rd. Hungarian judge (him) had Zingas/Kolesnik 3rd

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I usually don't mind mispronounced names, but Mark just created the first same-sex Russian team, Stepanova-Bukina, while commenting on the Hungarians. :points: they actually managed to chose one of my all time fav songs too. The Hungarians, not Stepanova-Bukina, lol.

As always, rhythm dance is the best part of each event in GP!

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
No surprises otherwise, but I think M/M maybe doing a little better? Hope so, I really want them to break out!

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
No surprises otherwise, but I think M/M maybe doing a little better? Hope so, I really want them to break out!
I think it will not happen before Milano. Too many good teams have better turns than them. They need to skate cleaner and probably a bit slower to achieve that. I find them very messy and if I do so, with my untrained eye, I cannot imagine how the judges woudln't.

Last edited:

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I think it will not happen before Milano. Too many good things have better turns than them. They need to skate cleaner and probably a bit slower to achieve that. I find them very messy and if I do so, with my untrained eye, I cannot imagine how the judges woudln't.
Yeah, but they are pretty damn exciting.