Mao's new short is | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Mao's new short is

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Here's the latest practice clip. The music is more big band and upbeat than usual... and actually it sound like the same version as Adelina's 09-10 version forwarded earlier on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElF2DJAH1eU

Hahah i can't help but applaud Tat for sheer gutsiness :thumbsup:, giving Adelina Mao's program, and Mao' Adelina's program, pitting the two against each other! Sneaky but brilliant! Good to not to bank it all on just 1 skater! She is spreading her odds and going after both the gold and the silver!!! :laugh:

Last edited:

chloepoco

Medalist
Of course, it's hard to tell with a 45-second clip, but the little they show, it looks like a nice program. I just hope that she has a nice costume to go with it; the last couple of years she had some really hideous outfits! Maybe Mrs. Sato will help her there.

Hooray! I can open this thread again! Good to see everyone's comments, especially yours, os168, about the music itself. I don't have to tell you how much I agree with you.

Though, drat! If TAT has used that badly reorchestrated "modernization" of Rimsky Korsakov's music, I will very much miss the richness of the composer's original vision. From Adelina's video, it doesn't sound as if it has much variation in speed, coloration, or intensity. This is what we all disliked about that non-Rachmaninoff rendition of Rachmaninoff's Prelude in C Sharp Minor (The Bells). About as subtle as a hammer pounding on sheet metal.

But it's Mao. She can turn anything into beautiful skating. I'm eager to see what she does with it. I hope she has more confidence this year and can show off her magnificent skills. Fingers crossed!

lcd

Match Penalty
Sigh. I suppose it is in her comfort zone, so that is ESSENTIAL for the short. IN the end, we can like, dislike, whatever ... I just rarely find it matters in the end if the skater does not pull off the elements and perform convincingly. An incredibly obvious thing to say I realize, but with Mao, at this stage in her career, I am not expecting tremendous artistic stretch efforts beyond her comfort zone when it comes to competitive programs.

sunghyun

Spectator
It looks better than last year short program.
I just want mao to change custum designer. Last year Tango dress was awful.

Hanaka

Rinkside
I just want mao to change custum designer. Last year Tango dress was awful.

Sadly, I don't think it will happen unless TAT changes her costume designers. I like her costumes of Caprice and Bells of Moscow (the one she wore at the Olympics and WC), though. Or should I say it will never happen until TAT changes her taste in costumes.

I remember Lysacek once said TAT never let skaters state their opinions about costumes.

Last edited: