Adelina Sotnikova | Page 71 | Golden Skate

Adelina Sotnikova

andromache

Record Breaker
It's been awhile since I've checked this thread, but I'm thrilled to see that she's still serious about competing!! I was worried after the disappointment of this season that she might decide that shows are more fun than competition!

Dying to see whatever new material she has for programs next season. (But I wouldn't hate it if she kept the SP or LP, either, since I love both of her programs this season and didn't get to watch them enough.)

Layback11

Record Breaker
Yeah, can't wait to see what she has in store for us for next season.

She should try a tango program! :yes:

Whatever she decides on, I hope she'll do something extremely different from anything she's done before. Something waaaay out of her box, just to continue stretching her artistic boundaries? But whatever it ends up being, her programs this season were great, so I'm really excited to see what Adelina comes up with for next year! :)

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker

Scott512

Record Breaker
I miss Sochi Adelina. I said 2 years ago she should have gone to worlds she would have medaled even with the Sochi hangover. Now she will never win a worlds medal. Adelina has been passed by by too many skaters from her own homeland. She seems happy and that is great. She will always have Sochi. It's a shame she could never back that up. Mainly due to injuries.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Adelina Sotnikova: Evgenia Medvedeva Victory only spur me
Google translated

- Adelina, how are you? How do now?
- I'm fine, train, preparing for the next season - My coach had not yet returned from the World Cup, so I can not tell you about the next training camp and the nuances of training.

- How do you speak of our skaters at the World Cup?
- I'm very happy for our team, especially for girls. I watched on TV and from the heart ached for them. It was a struggle for survival, and dignified all skated. All three of our girls were the best at this World Cup. Congratulations to our team with the end of the World Cup and I wish you health and success!

- After the short program in the lead American Gracie Gold. Your thoughts at the moment?
- I was sure that our girls will do everything possible to finally get on the podium.

- Evgenia Medvedeva broke into the elite world of figure skating. How to evaluate its rapid progress?

- I know Zhenya, she is very hardworking person. As it is clear that she wants to break, will make every effort to do so. I respect and support such people only. Still, I was and still am very same man. I will work and will do everything to get back to the level where I was.

- Medvedeva victory whet you as an athlete?
- It spurs me. In general, competition in Russia is very high, not only Evgenia is my competitor.

- How to evaluate the bronze Anna Pogorilaya?
- When Anna came out on the short program, I flashed the thought - well, everything! Anya at the moment is a confused face, as if she thought: My God, what am I doing here? But when she stood at the beginning of the program, I realized that she would do everything cleanly. And Anya skated a program like, probably, do not ride it in the season. It was cool! I got up at the TV and applaud her. Anya overcame himself, not afraid coped with his excitement and did everything that was in Russia medal.

-That is more than the rest Pogorilaya worried?
- In the warm-up had such a feeling. Zhenya and Lena Radionova looked confident at the moment, and Anya with such big eyes was.

- According to the results of any program American Ashley Wagner still Pogorilaya slipped from second to third place.
- Knowing Ashley, I can say that she does not give her and fights to the end. And rightly so!

adelia

Record Breaker
Adelina will be touring with Kings on Ice this year. 4th Nov in Latvia and 5th Nov in Estonia.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Thanks for the interview, Adelina is such a lovely and gracious young lady!:love:

Regarding her programs - and this is rare for me - I really hope she keeps her SP. It is awesome, and we haven't seen enough of it!
As for the LP, I've wanted Adelina to skate to Crytallize from Lindsey Stirling for years, Modern/HipHop - Ballerina mesh-up and all. Of course chances for that are... non-existent, but hey. I'd be on board with something more contemporary too though :luv17:

dna5019

Final Flight
Thanks for the interview, Adelina is such a lovely and gracious young lady!:love:

Regarding her programs - and this is rare for me - I really hope she keeps her SP. It is awesome, and we haven't seen enough of it!
As for the LP, I've wanted Adelina to skate to Crytallize from Lindsey Stirling for years, Modern/HipHop - Ballerina mesh-up and all. Of course chances for that are... non-existent, but hey. I'd be on board with something more contemporary too though :luv17:

Yessssssss!! :eek: Her Roundtable Rival would be pretty awesome too. :agree:

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Adelina will be touring with Kings on Ice this year. 4th Nov in Latvia and 5th Nov in Estonia.

During the weekend of Rostelecom :unsure: Okayyyyy......so she's definitely not planning to going there even if picked :scratch2:

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Off-topic, but RadSotnikhanovich, I love your avatar. :rofl:

Lol! Thanks! Evgenia posted it on her instagram (its so cute :love:) and I love Sailor Moon and so does Evgenia!!! #SailorEvgenia too good to pass up :laugh:

Last edited:

tulosai

Record Breaker
Yup, she won't be at CoR. There may be more dates added to her KoI schedule, I'm not sure. Things will become clearer by May.

Edit:
https://pp.vk.me/c630527/v630527844/26a4c/vZLUXF1nVTo.jpg
http://f.pmo.ee/f/2016/04/04/5228527t100hde47.jpg

She's not in danger of not getting 2 spots since she's 7th on the Season's best list, so I suppose there is no reason she'd have to do CoR... I do hope that doing the show won't interfere with her preparation for or performance at her other GP assignments though :(

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
She's not in danger of not getting 2 spots since she's 7th on the Season's best list, so I suppose there is no reason she'd have to do CoR... I do hope that doing the show won't interfere with her preparation for or performance at her other GP assignments though :(

Thinking more along the lines that she will not do on the GP or just do 1 event like last year. Who schedules to do shows on a GP weekend before the assignments are even out? Strange :scratch2:

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Buyanova confirms that Sot has a new SP
http://www.sport-express.ru/figure-skating/reviews/988698/

- When we are talking to the Olympic Games in Sochi, you said that two sculler such a level as Sotnikova and Kovtun - this is the limit, you are able to endure as a coach. Now, you first take the group Adya Pitkeeva and then Mary Sotskova. Does this mean that Sotnikova will not return to amateur sports?
- We are planning to go back to last season, but failed. Today Adelina trains, we have already put the short program, which in my opinion is obtained simply awesome. She herself wants to ride, although I sometimes think that deep down in Adeline yet there is still any doubt, that, in fact, do not let it get away without a trace in the work. As for Masha Sotnikova it for a very good sparring, not to mention the fact that by itself, this skater I really like. Otherwise, I would have simply not taken.

- Why do you think Sotnikova have failed in the past season in the dream team?

- I thought it more psychologically unsettled final "Grand Prix", where all of our girls, including junior, went very well. You could appear inner doubts, and this at a level sufficient that all went wrong. I would say that we did not have a bit of spirit. Why did it happen, I do not know. Moreover, for me, to a certain extent it was the revelation that before the start of the most important Adeline suddenly puzzled.
Now everything is in her hands, not mine. I will not hide, I am very interested to see how Adeline with a handle. It's not only hard training, but also a constant mode, the constant need to strictly keep the weight off, indulge in so many things, and much tougher than it was before the Olympics. If Sotnikova decides that it still she needs, she will cope with anything, I'm sure.

- And if a purely coaching try to push, to force?
- When an athlete is at this age, he must make such decisions itself. If you decide to keep going forward, I mean, as a coach, without question go by and I'll help. It also knows Adeline. It's just a really difficult situation. Returns to the status of the Olympic champion has meaning only in order to continue to fight for the right to be the best. Work only in order to get into the team, it will not be interesting either her or me.

- How do you see the perfect season for Adeline?
- This will be only after years of training, after the foundation will be laid.

- I mean, do you plan to have any pre-launch to refresh competitive skills?
- I do not think Sotnikova require a large number of starts. It is good for little girls. With age, to recover between tournaments is becoming more difficult. Even the competition requires a completely different impact.

Last edited:

Layback11

Record Breaker
I loved her previous SP, but I'm excited to hear that she has a new one and I hope we find out what the music is soon. :yes:

Mony

On the Ice
Thanks for the interview. I am also interested in seeing how Adelina deals with everything. Last season was not good; however, she will hopefully be healthy this season and just enjoy her skating and we will see how things go.

I can't wait to see her new SP as well.