Max Aaron | Page 73 | Golden Skate

Max Aaron

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
But Max really lit up the ice during the entire show, even pre-show when he was hanging out, and it was great seeing him smile so much. :)

So jealous Rosa74! Sounds like Max was great. Sounds like there was no Snuggle Bullfighter. Any Max participation in the Lion (Loin) King? Gee, I hope Starr just had an off day. I thought she looked pretty good at Nationals and Junior Grand Prix.

Thx for your wonderful report. I felt like I was right there! :thank:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
In the first half, he skated a guest-star number to a vocal piece sung by a male. I'm not familiar with his EX and if this could be it. When Ryan Bradley introduced him for that number, he described him as the skater with the tiny tight pants. Then at the end of the number, Ryan said, "How can you skate in those pants?" Max was wearing a smile during the entire show and seemed to be enjoying himself a lot. The hair (curl) was spot on! ;)

Was it a sort of rock theme, or something slower? *goes all Sherlock Holmes investigate-y*

But Max really lit up the ice during the entire show, even pre-show when he was hanging out, and it was great seeing him smile so much. :)

I knew you would love him live! In person he really does not disappoint. He is so special to watch.

I'm so glad you had a super time!

Ross74

Medalist
Was it a sort of rock theme, or something slower? *goes all Sherlock Holmes investigate-y*

Not a rock theme, I would say ballad-like pop. I did a quick search on youtube but didn't see it. Sorry, he was almost done before I realized I wasn't paying attention to the music.

So jealous Rosa74! Sounds like Max was great. Sounds like there was no Snuggle Bullfighter. Any Max participation in the Lion (Loin) King? Gee, I hope Starr just had an off day. I thought she looked pretty good at Nationals and Junior Grand Prix.

No, nothing in Lion King. He was the guest performer between the Beauty and the Beast and Lion King performances in the first half. Starr skated very well, but IMO she didn't show any personality on the ice, even when she skated Pink Panther. Hubby thought the same thing. I was expecting more. Maybe that's just because she's a junior skater. Lots of time to grow in that area.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Max will perform in a benefit show on July 11 in Fort Collins, Colorado. (4 to 6 pm.)

The show is in support of Jeremy Barrett's wife Lucy Galleher (herself a skater and coach), who recently was diagnosed with leukemia.  Lucy is pregnant with the couple's first child.

Audrey Weisiger of Grassroots to Champions is organizing the show.
Others performing: Ryan Bradley; Mirai; Angela Wang; Jason; Madi Hubbell and Zach; Vanessa James and Morgan; Danny Samohin.

Quoting myself to update with additional details re the July 11 benefit show for Lucy Galleher. (Hat tip to Zach Donohue.)

The show will be from 4:00 to 5:30 pm, immediately followed by a meet-and-greet.

The street address for the EPIC Rink (the venue in Fort Collins) is in the Instagram graphic.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BTo9EE5F9w2/?taken-by=zachtdonohue (May 3)​

Sending best wishes to Lucy and Jeremy :ghug:.
A bright spot: a couple of days ago, they were able to celebrate their first wedding anniversary, although she is hospitalized.

Lucy wrote a beautiful anniversary message for their GoFundMe page.
(Per my understanding of GS guidelines, I will not post the GoFundMe link here, but the Instagram graphic will steer you to it.)

Jeremy posted their anniversary photo on his Instagram:

Thanks to Rosa for your sharing your reports on Showtime on Ice :thank:.

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Max is in an Instagram story from icethemovie. Seems to be a "tease" showing just the very first seconds of an interview with him?

Background:
"Ice" is the feature film about figure skating for which Max did some shooting (for a cameo, presumably) several months ago at South Suburban Ice Arena.
The creator of Ice is Maddison Bullock, who herself is a skater.
The USFS Governing Council was just held in Colorado Springs, and I think the idea is that Maddison recorded interviews with some who were in town for that reason, e.g.:
And interview snippets were posted of Elise Freezer, who has a role in "Ice" and who trains in Colorado Springs.
The interviews seem to be for a "special project" -- something to promote the film, maybe??​
Anyway, seems that Max was another interviewee.

BTW, Maddison took a nice photo with Max at Showtime on Ice:
IIRC, Maddison herself has performed in Showtime on Ice in the past.

Sad note:

I have been thinking about Max ever since the terrible news of the unexpected death yesterday of Team USA bobsledder Steve Holcomb :sad4:.

Condolences to Holcomb's family and friends.

I imagine that Max would be feeling the loss quite deeply. Over the years, Max has spoken several times about being close to the U.S. bobsledders, who are his work-out buddies in the gym at the OTC. IIRC, they consider him an honorary member of their sport :ghug:.

Quoting myself to throw back to a cute video from a year ago of Max in the OTC kitchen -- when I think he made a fond mention of Holcomb.
Love seeing Max with athletes from other sports :ghug:. Bobsledder Lauren Gibbs really added to the fun of the video.

And the consistency :cool: of Max's skillet skillset (along with a supersized serving of ChefBat charm :luv17:) is seen in another mini-video from that day in the Team USA kitchen:
I would guess that Max's shout-out to "Holcomb" could be to bobsledder Steve Holcomb??
The video was posted by Stephen Garbett, Olympic hopeful in skeleton.

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
So ... Max's interview a couple of days ago apparently was for icethemovie's Love 2 Skate project.

And today Jason apparently was interviewed for it as well.

As for Ice (the movie) itself, Max now is mentioned on the film's "About" page on Facebook :cool::

... Plot Outline
Featuring Olympic Silver Medalist, Peter Carruthers, 2x US National Champion Alissa Czisny, and Grand Prix Champion Max Aaron.
...​

Off topic, but Maddison (wearing her actress/skater hat) has a role in a current episode of Chris Webber's Full Court Pranks on truTV.
Episode 111, in the prank perpetrated by Tara Lipinski.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I love all the photos! Max is smiling so much and it makes me happy.

(I am still wondering what he skated to. I mean, a white long-sleeved top? Gasp!)

ice coverage

Record Breaker
@MaxTAaron
Dear Mom, all that I am, or hope to be, I owe to you! Love you to the moon and back! Happy Mother's Day!
12:02 PM - 14 May 2017
https://twitter.com/MaxTAaron/status/863831967032373250

OMG, Max has outdone himself in expressing his love for his parents.
Really made me cry :sad4: with this very sweet tweet :ghug:.

(And I am enjoying the Mother's Day tweets from many other skaters too :).)

I love all the photos! Max is smiling so much and it makes me happy. ...

:agree:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I saw that beautiful tweet from Max :love: He clearly loves both his parents dearly. It's so sweet!

musicfan80

Medalist
So.....is anyone else curious about what all went on in this (according to Tom Z./Jackie Wong) jump fest that happened yesterday at the World Ice Arena?

Apparently, Max, Joshua, Karen, Marin, Mirai, Vincent, Courtney, Nathan, and Adam were there. I'm assuming from Tom Z. that Nathan won being that he did a 3F-4T. Still, it would have been interesting and fun to watch, especially if Max is working on other jumps right now!

BTW, I don't know what those numbers on the right mean or why Joshua and Karen didn't have one.

EDIT: There a thread about this in The Edge.

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
You know, when I first read Z's tweets this morning, I was miffed he only spoke about what Chen did. Now I think it's smarter. Let everyone else lose their brains over whatever stupid thing Chen's doing now, while Max quietly gets on with his preparations.

Max is the star of US Figure Skating's #WorkoutWednesday instagram post! He looks good!

musicfan80

Medalist
I'm assuming a 7-quad program attempt is out of the cards for Nathan, so I think his next thing is harder and harder combinations. Unless, of course, he also does a 4A. But I think Max will be fine with the jump content he is planning.

Max is the star of US Figure Skating's #WorkoutWednesday instagram post! He looks good!

Nice! It looks like Max has gotten a bit leaner.

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
... Max is the star of US Figure Skating's #WorkoutWednesday instagram post! He looks good!

:agree:

BTW, Max was in one of Adam's Instagram's stories yesterday. The camera pans back and forth btwn Max and Mirai :luv17:, who are sitting outside somewhere in the daylight. He seems to be keeping her company while she is eating some kind of snack. Her face is expressionless, but he is sorta smiling for the camera. I am chuckling to myself b/c Mirai is wearing a zipped-up down-like jacket, whereas Max is jacketless ... in his trademark white V-necked short-sleeved t-shirt. (I am easily amused :laugh:.)

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Max with some hilariously adorable instagram stories today - the first, two bobsledders appear to have got into his closet, they are jokingly posing, with one wearing the Lion King costume and the other wearing the matador costume (and she's obviously considerably taller than Max which makes it even funnier). It also gives an insight into how the matador costume works, with the blue undershirt being in two layers - one layer attached to the pants, the other attached to the jacket.

The other story has him poking his tongue out at the camera while one of the bobsledders pulls faces next to him. He looks great and really happy and calm. He also had another story yesterday that looked like he was watching a trampolining competition.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Max with some hilariously adorable instagram stories today - the first, two bobsledders appear to have got into his closet, they are jokingly posing, with one wearing the Lion King costume and the other wearing the matador costume (and she's obviously considerably taller than Max which makes it even funnier). It also gives an insight into how the matador costume works, with the blue undershirt being in two layers - one layer attached to the pants, the other attached to the jacket. ...

As a permalink for posterity, the video also is in this bobsledder post:

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
France and China! France and China!

(aka, one stupid-o'clock event and one on-timeboard event! yay!)