Australian figure skaters | Page 73 | Golden Skate

Australian figure skaters

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I have split the political comments of the last several pages into a separate State of Australian Skating thread in the Edge here:
http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?58547-State-of-Australian-Skating-2016/

Fan Fest team threads are for positive support of a country's team, a place to celebrate accomplishments, look to upcoming competitions, and be a general virtual pep rally for the skaters on team Australia.

While positive comments are of course welcome in both threads, political discussions belong in the other thread.

Please keep to the site guidelines in both threads.

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Per doris' request, I shall post the time conversions for #4CCTaipeiCity.

Times AEDT as usual.

I will, unfortunately, likely miss Matilda and William in both segments as I will be at work.

THURSDAY 18th FEBRUARY

Short Dance (Matilda and William): 15:45 - 18:15

Ladies' Short Program (Kailani, Brooklee and Katie): 19:40 - 22:50

Pairs' Short Program: 23:30 - 01:15 (Friday)

FRIDAY 19th FEBRUARY

Free Dance: 16:30 - 19:15

Men's Short Program (Brendan and Andrew): 20:55 - 00:45 (Saturday)

SATURDAY 20th FEBRUARY

Pairs' Free Skate: 17:30 - 19:30

Ladies' Free Skate: 21:15 - 00:55 (Sunday)

SUNDAY 21st FEBURARY

Men's Free Skate: 15:00 - 19:00

Gala: 21:00 - 23:00

The ISU's stream will be geoblocked for us. I recommend the use of Hola or another VPN blocking service, otherwise there will probably be alternatives provided in the event threads.

This weekend SBS is replaying their Men/Pairs highlights package from Euros. I presume 4CCs highlights will commence the following week and that we can expect that all of the Australian skaters will be shown.

GF2445

Record Breaker
I have some good news.
I just watched a video from SBS about worlds. Though they advertised highlights for the next three weekends after worlds, they said that they will be showing live coverage between April 2-3.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I have some good news.
I just watched a video from SBS about worlds. Though they advertised highlights for the next three weekends after worlds, they said that they will be showing live coverage between April 2-3.

:eek:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I mean, I'll be there, so it's not like it matters to me, but that makes me SO HAPPY for you guys!!!!!!!!! I'll wave the Australian flag EXTRA HARD!

skaterfan2501

Rinkside
Interesting results tonight at 4CC. Brooklee can certainly pull it out against the worlds best - great job tonight after a pretty rough season. Guess she will be at Worlds. Pasfields results dissapointing after such huge scores in UAE and clean program. Kailani improving in presentation but not so much in marks this season. Great work to all the Aussies including Matilda & William.

brookes1968

Rinkside
Interesting results tonight at 4CC. Brooklee can certainly pull it out against the worlds best - great job tonight after a pretty rough season. Guess she will be at Worlds. Pasfields results dissapointing after such huge scores in UAE and clean program. Kailani improving in presentation but not so much in marks this season. Great work to all the Aussies including Matilda & William.

Protocols indicate all clean jumps for Han but under rotation and edge issues still for a Craine. Both girls fabulous spins. Pasfields marks low compared to nationals and recent internationals. Tech was fair.

Not to much in it between top two so LP may see closer fight. Really glad to see Han skate her best .

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
http://resultater.danskate.dk/Nordics2016/index.htm

Brendan Kerry will be competing at Nordics.

Um...next week? Yikes, that's a short turnaround. (Though I think he would win a prize for most obscure competition entry if we had one.)

I was so proud of all our skaters last night! Matilda and William did so well! And Katie's big smiles lit up the rink. Kailani was on fire! And I was just so happy for Brooklee. I knew Nationals was just a blip!

Matilda and William tonight and Andrew and Brendan as well! Go, everyone! :yay:

Icesk8r

Rinkside
Interesting results tonight at 4CC. Pasfields results dissapointing after such huge scores in UAE and clean program.

Don't forget Katie skated junior at UAE. The senior short requires minimum triple solo jump and triple/double for combo. Junior minimum double flip and double/double combo. If she did not attempt the minimum, the elements would not have counted. Considering where she is at with skill level, she did well. Although her spin levels need a look at by her coaching team.

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
When looking at the Wait...What for Brooklee, I came across an ISU "A Moment With" an Australian speed skater. This is especially for karne, but also for anyone who enjoyed the Australian Skaters (skating and in the stands) at 4CC. It's quite short and interesting, but if you're really pressed for time, skip ahead to around 1:15 and watch from there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OagYeOZ7k7Q

brookes1968

Rinkside
We have one more chance to crack the top half at 4CC. Dancers - well they did their best but embarrassing scores and last, all three ladies in bottom half none doing triple-triple and so many errors especially from top 2 who are nowhere near top 10 and I believe one fully funded by Australia. One last chance in the Mens tonight. Really 2018 is not looking good unless something radically changes!

edwinaskater1943

On the Ice
Agree shame about SP as Kailani may have been top10 and was much better last night. Clearly better than Han. She was good but not doing as difficult jump and still getting edge issues. I'm wondering if they will now send her to both worlds??

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
In other news, Brooklee got to have her turn on ISU's 'Wait...What?'- (And unlike alot of interviewees, Brooklee knows her square roots!)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtjrEb9bMtc

:laugh: She's so adorable!

When looking at the Wait...What for Brooklee, I came across an ISU "A Moment With" an Australian speed skater. This is especially for karne, but also for anyone who enjoyed the Australian Skaters (skating and in the stands) at 4CC. It's quite short and interesting, but if you're really pressed for time, skip ahead to around 1:15 and watch from there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OagYeOZ7k7Q

THE KANGAROO :laugh2:

Lots of positives to take away from Four Continents for Team Australia.

Matilda and William did very well for their first-ever Senior international especially since the pattern for the SD was different and there were different required elements.

Kailani hit a new PB for the FS and had a very good finish, and rotated all her jumps in the FS.

Brooklee skated extremely well in the SP and never gave up fighting the FS. I thought both our ladies were underscored quite heavily!

Katie had her first Championship outing, tried everything and made a good impression with a positive attitude.

Brendan has clearly made some jump improvements in the FS including a new 3Lz-1Lo-3S combination and some choreographic changes that should carry him nicely to Worlds.

Andrew got a PB in the SP and impressed a lot of people with his artistry, and even after fall number four in the FS never gave up fighting.

Yes, though the scoreboards might say otherwise, Team Australia acquitted themselves well at Four Continents, and I am very proud of them.

skaterfan2501

Rinkside
Was Andrew Dodds sick ? Why does his coach giggle after that skate. Why do we have to look so unprofessional with blow up kangaroos like everything is a joke. Very dissapointing results from Team Australia. Not one skater in top half of comp or improved places from last year. Kailani at least got PB in LP but overall results not improved. Brendan has been going so well but also did not shine here. The girls had perfect oppurtunity to place top 10 with so many pulling out and Gold and Chen off. I guess theres next year but compared to other winter olympic sports we are not at all competitive with the rest of the world. I really had faith that this was changing but our image continues to be lots of fun but no substance!

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
Was just re-watching all the men I missed live at 4CCs. Does anyone know why Brendan was sitting with Frank Carroll in the K&C?

essence_of_soy

On the Ice
:laugh: She's so adorable!

THE KANGAROO :laugh2:

Lots of positives to take away from Four Continents for Team Australia.

Matilda and William did very well for their first-ever Senior international especially since the pattern for the SD was different and there were different required elements.

Kailani hit a new PB for the FS and had a very good finish, and rotated all her jumps in the FS.

Brooklee skated extremely well in the SP and never gave up fighting the FS. I thought both our ladies were underscored quite heavily!

Katie had her first Championship outing, tried everything and made a good impression with a positive attitude.

Brendan has clearly made some jump improvements in the FS including a new 3Lz-1Lo-3S combination and some choreographic changes that should carry him nicely to Worlds.

Andrew got a PB in the SP and impressed a lot of people with his artistry, and even after fall number four in the FS never gave up fighting.

Yes, though the scoreboards might say otherwise, Team Australia acquitted themselves well at Four Continents, and I am very proud of them.

Good round up on Team Australia from the event. Thank you for your thoughts.
I love the kangaroo as well. What a cute mascot, and such a fun way to endear the audience.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Was just re-watching all the men I missed live at 4CCs. Does anyone know why Brendan was sitting with Frank Carroll in the K&C?

I believe Frank was substituting since Tammy could not be with Brendan for the FS for some reason. It caused quite a flutter at first until Brooklee confirmed no coaching change had taken place.

Good round up on Team Australia from the event. Thank you for your thoughts.
I love the kangaroo as well. What a cute mascot, and such a fun way to endear the audience.

The kangaroo was one of the best parts, for me. It was cute and attention-attracting, of course, but more than that, it seemed to emphasise the "Team" in "Team Australia". Every skater had the kangaroo with them in the kiss and cry, and all played the game of its presence. It was nicely heart-warming.