Programs You'd Like To See | Golden Skate

Programs You'd Like To See

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
So the other night I was somewhere and "Rock Lobster" by the B-52s was playing. I can completely see Tanith Belbin & Benjamin Agosto doing a free dance to this.

I can also see Sale & Pelletier doing "Hit The Road Jack" by Ray Charles.

Anyone else have some good song/skater combos in mind??

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
"I Can Only Imagine" by Mercy Me skated to by Melissa Gregory and Denis Petukhov

"Put Your Head On My Shoulder" by Michael Bublé skated to by Jamie and David

"The Way" by Clay Aiken skated to by Jamie and Davi

"This Is The Night" by Clay Aiken skated to by Anabelle Langlois & Patrice Archetto

"Measure of a Man" by Clay Aiken skated to by Paul Wylie OR Kurt Browning

I have become a big fan of The Corrs and they have a song called "Joy of Life/Trout In A Bath" that is instrumental, an Irish jig I guess you'd call it, and I can just picture Kurt Browning doing some magnificent footwork to it. It's a real lively tune that gets you clapping and tapping your feet.
Also by The Corrs is a romantic piece "When The Stars Go Blue" which would've been a good piece for Bourne/Kratz, but since they've retired and it's so romantic, Yuka Sato and Jason Dungjen could probably do a lovely routine to it.

sk8ing_lady2001

Final Flight
I want to see Secret Garden's "Illumination" as skated to by Michelle Kwan. Her interpretation, in my opinion, would be absolutely beautiful. :D

Rixis

On the Ice
Man, the first time I heard "Crashing Down" by the Flaming Sideburns (they're a Swedish band :D ) I thought that Bourne and Kraatz could kick some major butt with it, also , Lang and Tchernyshev (sp?) Could do some really cool stuff with Falco music, and it would be awesome to see "Tank!" by the Seatbelts used, but the tempo is so fast I don't know anyone who could keep up tih it :p

SkaterBrett

Rinkside
Tonichelle said:
"I Can Only Imagine" by Mercy Me skated to by Melissa Gregory and Denis Petukhov

"Put Your Head On My Shoulder" by Michael Bublé skated to by Jamie and David

"The Way" by Clay Aiken skated to by Jamie and Davi

"This Is The Night" by Clay Aiken skated to by Anabelle Langlois & Patrice Archetto

"Measure of a Man" by Clay Aiken skated to by Paul Wylie OR Kurt Browning

I agree with your song choices!!! all great songs!

Oceanguy

Rinkside
Programs I'd like to see

I don't know if there's enough substance for a long program, I'm sure there is enough for a short program, from the Theme Song of The Hours, but I would love to see Michelle Kwan perform it.[

icenut84

Final Flight
I'd love to see Michelle perform to some upbeat rock&roll. Just to prove she can. :)

citrus

Rinkside
I think it would be nice if Michelle do another "Tosca" when she leaves eligible skating. But the Tosca music would be "Vissi d'Arte" with Callas doing the singing. Don't know if it is really "skatable" tho but there are waltz-like melodies in the aria.

Lcp88

On the Ice
Here Without You by Three Doors Down seems like it would suit Takeshi Honda well, and that "superman" song by Five for Fighting always seemed good for Alexei or possibly Tim Goebel. Also pretty much anything by the Goo Goo Dolls for Gregory and Petchkov.
Laura