2023 JGP Budapest Rhythm Dance | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2023 JGP Budapest Rhythm Dance

lileychristie

Lee-lay
Medalist
Country
Australia
Is that guy wearing a band merch t-shirt? "Meaning - Brave World Tour"

Honestly it often feels unfair that the girl has to put so much effort on her costume, hair and makeup while the guy can just wear a t-shirt like that 😕

icewhite

Record Breaker
Is that guy wearing a band merch t-shirt? "Meaning - Brave World Tour"

Honestly it often feels unfair that the girl has to put so much effort on her costume, hair and makeup while the guy can just wear a t-shirt like that 😕

It's on the skaters and their coaches to change that, though. I think as a junior girl you might not have the standing or understanding of the dynamics, but as a grown up skater you can... I wish there were teams where the girl just put on such a t-shirt while the guy is all sparkly...

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
These two aren't very eighties, but they've put real thought into matching their duds, and into looking like fun!

icewhite

Record Breaker
I have a growing feeling that when presented with fashion magazines and books from the 80s, a chorus of young skaters were all going "I'm not wearing THAAAAATTT!!!":eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Honestly I feel like the designers just messed up in a lot of cases, that is, didn't care.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
It's good thing gifts are allowed and that I have taken cellophane with me, because baby Americans are definitely getting crown tomorrow (as I suspect they'll land outside the podium, but who knows?). I just have to practice tonight my throwing skills :laugh:

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Honestly I feel like the designers just messed up in a lot of cases, that is, didn't care.
Could be. I am reminded that right up until recently when it became retro-trendy, we all thought the eighties fashions were godawful (and please, skaters, we will still let you off the power shoulder pads, hairspray-drenched perms and mullets)

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
I'm not saying that they didn't work hard on the key points after the last JGP, but it's also interesting that one of the technical controllers (who afaik are responsible for calling the key points) is Canadian - Still, good for them :clap: Though key points have been called more generously overall her than at some other JGPs.

icewhite

Record Breaker
Could be. I am reminded that right up until recently when it became retro-trendy, we all thought the eighties fashions were godawful (and please, skaters, we will still let you off the power shoulder pads, hairspray-drenched perms and mullets)

Isn't any kind of typical decade fashion, awful, though? I mean more recently we have had giant, thick eyebrows, pants that make your butt look like you're a bear, belly free tops for everyone, generic "positive" and "funny" slogans on every shirt... And I can't say the 90s or 70s look any better in that regard... the "typical" stuff is usually what stands out and makes our eyes bleed at least in hindsight :laugh: