People should say something about the cyberbullying against Sotnikova | Page 9 | Golden Skate

People should say something about the cyberbullying against Sotnikova

Finnstep

Final Flight
So I guess it's not only a South Korean cultural thing...but also indicative of the intelligence level of Yuna's fans.

Actually...looking at the English comments, the majority of them appear to be from Asians, too.

:laugh:

Actually, Yu-Na fans I know are against cyberbullying Sotnikova, because they're actually aware that this would only make bad images for Yu-Na. And why would they want to do that?

Yuna should stay out of it.

I agree.

att

Rinkside
Because its not okay for someone to be bullied? I know the second Russian team that was fifth in dance. When the crowd was booing his marks. He got up and told the crowd to stop. It was a really classy thing to do.

Putting death threats, etc...Its unacceptable.

I don't know if she should dignify these folks with what a word or not. But maybe her saying stop would make it stop.

I would be horrified, if I were her, that my fans were doing this. Nobody should be bullied.

IF the shoe was on the other foot, I'm sure Yu-na wouldn't want folks doing that to her.

Yes you right..but still for me Yuna have the right to stay silent..I think she had enough going on her head...
As for me i wish nothing but the best *Adele's song* for Adelina..she is the future for FS and I believe she will rise under presure..

evangeline

Record Breaker
17 or not, had Adelina been more gracious about it all, for example, by saying something like "she is honored to share the podium with two great champions, etc.", instead of saying things like she "won it because she skated better," she could have avoided much of the backlash from the fans.

This is classic victim-blaming. It's the equivalent of telling a child who is bullied at school, maybe you won't be bullied if you stopped going to school. Or telling a rape victim, maybe you wouldn't have been raped if you didn't wear a skirt.

Victim-blaming, in essence, releases the cyberbullies who are committing the wrong at hand from the responsibility for what they have done by putting the responsibility on the victim to avoid being abused instead.

That is despicable.

sk8in

Match Penalty
This is classic victim-blaming. It's the equivalent of telling a child who is bullied at school, maybe you won't be bullied if you stopped going to school. Or telling a rape victim, maybe you wouldn't have been raped if you didn't wear a skirt.

Victim-blaming, in essence, releases the cyberbullies who are committing the wrong at hand from the responsibility for what they have done by putting the responsibility on the victim to avoid being abused instead.

That is despicable.
How about bullying by Russian audiences who cheer on foreign skaters' mistakes? Lol! Seems like the Adelina is getting a dose of poetic justice. The world won't accept her win, just as her local audience wouldn't accept competition.

bekalc

Record Breaker
How about bullying by Russian audiences who cheer on foreign skaters' mistakes? Lol! Seems like the Adelina is getting a dose of poetic justice. The world won't accept her win, just as her local audience wouldn't accept competition.

You can't compare that with death threats...:rolleye:

yuki90

On the Ice
People in Korea are upset about Sotnikova's arrogant attitude in the press meeting.

and her interview about YuNa.

"I won because Im better than YuNa."

"I was not surprised about my score judges gave me cause I totally deserved."

"I really wanted to win over Kim since last year, I did and Im glad."

what an idiot and disrespectul and classless person. I think Sotnikova is nothing better than those people who leave nasty comments on her sns

Manitou

Medalist
People in Korea are upset about Sotnikova's arrogant attitude in the press meeting.

what an idiot and disrespectul and classless person. I think Sotnikova is nothing better than those people who leave nasty comments on her sns

Is it possible to report a post? I am relatively new here and I don't see such option...

PS. I found it...

bekalc

Record Breaker

She said she skated better in the free. She's entitled to feel that way. OF course she wants to beat Yu-na.

It wouldn't matter what she said, death threats aren't okay.

But I want to beat my competitor. Is fine.

Kazama

Match Penalty

First, I'm not a Korean.
Finally, I can understand why Koreans swear to Sotnikova on her sns.
From now on(to me), she is not qualified for gold medal Clearly.
Yuna should have won and what a pity that Yuna was robbed a gold medal by a rude and disrespectful person.

chloepoco

Medalist

what an idiot and disrespectul and classless person. I think Sotnikova is nothing better than those people who leave nasty comments on her sns[/QUOTE]

Pot. Kettle. Black.

yuki90

On the Ice
First, I'm not a Korean.
Finally, I can understand why Koreans swear to Sotnikova on her sns.
From now on(to me), she is not qualified for gold medal Clearly.
Yuna should have won and what a pity that Yuna was robbed a gold medal by a rude and disrespectful person.
I feel bad for YuNa. Even YuNa said when Sotnikova was suddenly leaving the press meeting when YuNa was talking, she thouht what is she doing?!.

bekalc

Record Breaker
I feel bad for YuNa. Even YuNa said when Sotnikova was suddenly leaving the press meeting when YuNa was talking, she thouht what is she doing?!.

Maybe she had to go to the bathroom? Nothing wrong with Adelina doing that...

bekalc

Record Breaker
hahahahahahahaha. lol

Well? Its true. You know before jumping in and making someone into a terrible person. My understanding is its pretty commonplace to leave the conference. I don't know why Yu-na didn't brush it off.

Bathroom?????
hahahahahahahahahahahaha
LOL
It's compeletly out of sense.

Why exactly is that ridiculous. It was one last question, in a language Adelina doesn't even freakin understand. She could have been called away or all kinds of things. Didn't Yu-na once take a phone call while Mao was speaking in a press conference?

Did Kim fans feel it was good to criticize her for that.

Look, I'm the type of person who doesn't believe in jumping on others.

usethis2

Medalist

Do you have a link to such interviews? I find it hard to believe she'd say such things. If there is anything remotely similar it's gotta be translation mistakes.

sk8in

Match Penalty
She also said stuff like "This is not the end of it. I want all the gold there is" Kind of sounds like Smeagol from Lord of the Rings.

yuki90

On the Ice
She also said stuff like "This is not the end of it. I want all the gold there is" Kind of sounds like Smeagol from Lord of the Rings.

CLASSLESS. Ive never seen a skater like this. No respect. No brain sure.