People should say something about the cyberbullying against Sotnikova | Page 10 | Golden Skate

People should say something about the cyberbullying against Sotnikova

bekalc

Record Breaker
CLASSLESS. Ive never seen a skater like this. No respect. No brain sure.

Oh boy. How terrible an athlete that wants to win! Lets tar and feather her. You realize in someways Russians tend to be more vocal about that kind of stuff? What Adelina is saying is well tame compared to what others have said! Have you read Trankov's interviews? I like that about them. They want to win and say it. No pretty princess happy with just competiting. Different cultures are different.

bekalc

Record Breaker
And fact terrible horrible Adelina actually turned to Yulia and thanked her for making her a better skater. In the same press conference she said she wants to win everything.

At the end of the day nobody's saying Koreans have to like Adelina. But death threats... :disapp::scowl:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
And fact terrible horrible Adelina actually turned to Yulia and thanked her for making her a better skater. In the same press conference she said she wants to win everything.

Yulia definitely kept Adelina on her toes to say the least. I started a thread in January right after euros I think stating I had never had this much confidence in Adelina and it was largely in part due to the pressure Yulia put on her. With the rest of the Russians coming up its gonna get cut throat over there. If the Olympic SP was a meter as to how the world is gonna stack up to the Russians I think it's gonna be a tough battle. (Even removing inflation of course and judging the skating we saw)they both need to keep sharp or risk get passed over. This may be why this conspiracy talk might be more than just Russia at the root but the ISU itself garnering momentum in a growing market. I don't know what's going on but I like to keep my options open.

tetana

Rinkside
Oh boy. How terrible an athlete that wants to win! Lets tar and feather her. You realize in someways Russians tend to be more vocal about that kind of stuff? What Adelina is saying is well tame compared to what others have said! Have you read Trankov's interviews? I like that about them. They want to win and say it. No pretty princess happy with just competiting. Different cultures are different.

I agree with you. Keyboard warriors should stop to visit her facebook no matter what she said. I am very sorry to Adelina. She's just a girl.
As much as angry about this resault, I think she is just a victim from Russia.

Allen

Match Penalty
I feel bad for YuNa. Even YuNa said when Sotnikova was suddenly leaving the press meeting when YuNa was talking, she thouht what is she doing?!.

Don't be sad...
Yuna is already a superb legend in female figure skating and she will be nearly remembered as a two-time olympic champion like Katarina Witt while Sot will be remembered as another Sarah Hughes.
Cheer up!

verysmuchso

On the Ice
This is classic victim-blaming. It's the equivalent of telling a child who is bullied at school, maybe you won't be bullied if you stopped going to school. Or telling a rape victim, maybe you wouldn't have been raped if you didn't wear a skirt.

Victim-blaming, in essence, releases the cyberbullies who are committing the wrong at hand from the responsibility for what they have done by putting the responsibility on the victim to avoid being abused instead.

That is despicable.

I find your righteous tone frankly preposterous, given that we are here talking about a country where Pussy Riot members are whipped in public (in Sochi itself) getting away with another glaring fraud. If you are really committed to defending our children, girls and women, don't be played by a sympathy card designed to help sweep this scandal under the rug. Putin needs you! and other naive sorts like you.

att

Rinkside
Talking about Yuna should say something.....I wonder will people i mean skaters commentators or experts will ever talk about this whole fixed and corrupt judging system after they left Sochi...I mean after the result were announced that night twitter kinda silent a bit though..

lost3iron

More Rock & Roll please!
On the Ice
I have been loving figure skating since I was 7 years old (now I am in my 30s) and there were always complaints about the judging in it. But i have never seen such amount of hatred towards an athlete especially a 17 year old girl. I believe that because Yuna is an important public figure in Korea she is the only one who could stop this cyber bulling against Adelina. And people just calm down, this is not the most shady victory in sports!!!

Ven

Match Penalty
I have been loving figure skating since I was 7 years old (now I am in my 30s) and there were always complaints about the judging in it. But i have never seen such amount of hatred towards an athlete especially a 17 year old girl. I believe that because Yuna is an important public figure in Korea she is the only one who could stop this cyber bulling against Adelina. And people just calm down, this is not the most shady victory in sports!!!

You know how much cyber bullying Yuna got from Mao fans over the years? If Yuna tells Adelina anything, she should tell her to suck it up and act like a Queen. ;)

Anastasi14

On the Ice
I think that a public person should expect such things when he/she opens instagram / twitter / facebook account. It's the other side of glory / victory. Not everyone love him/her, not all agree with a results. Giving arrogant interviews and statements be prepared to the reaction. Of course, I do not approve what is happening to Adelina. But the problem has a quick solution - close all the instagram / twitter / facebook accounts or make them private, only for close friends and don't read internet. And keep training and working, because she need to prove that she is real champion (without all the home support)

glam

On the Ice
Do you have a link to such interviews? I find it hard to believe she'd say such things. If there is anything remotely similar it's gotta be translation mistakes.

Yes, link please. If she really talked like this then WOW, she's classless. And why did she mention YuNa all the time?

Moment

Final Flight
Sotnikova should be happy that The G.O.A.T. is classy and did not badmouth her and her fraudulent win.

mermaid

On the Ice
Country
Belarus
People in Korea are upset about Sotnikova's arrogant attitude in the press meeting.

and her interview about YuNa.

"I won because Im better than YuNa."

"I was not surprised about my score judges gave me cause I totally deserved."

"I really wanted to win over Kim since last year, I did and Im glad."

what an idiot and disrespectul and classless person. I think Sotnikova is nothing better than those people who leave nasty comments on her sns

You have posted phrases taken separately. Adelina said she skated technically better than Yu-na that's all. And also she said she would like to win European and world titles. What's wrong with that? She left because she was torn apart by the Russian media who wanted to talk to her. Can you post a link where she says all THAT?

Moment

Final Flight
People in Korea are upset about Sotnikova's arrogant attitude in the press meeting.

and her interview about YuNa.

"I won because Im better than YuNa."

"I was not surprised about my score judges gave me cause I totally deserved."

"I really wanted to win over Kim since last year, I did and Im glad."

what an idiot and disrespectul and classless person. I think Sotnikova is nothing better than those people who leave nasty comments on her sns

Awful trash.

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
The person who blacktalked Adelina, putting words in her mouth, told bullcrap. And knows it for sure...She couldn't have told it. And there are NO such interviews in Russian media at all, where she constantly talks about her superiority and how she wanted to win over Queen:disagree:

cheerio2

On the Ice
I would like to see one link where Yuna got death threats from Mao fans or anyone else on her personal social media account.

Anyway, this abuse and cyberbullying should not be downplayed/dismissed/justified. this abuse and cyberbullying. Being angry over the outcome of a sports event shouldn't blind people to the fact that an athlete's safety is being jeopardized. The judging and cyberbullying have zero to do with each other. I looked at the account again last night and someone posted a message with gun icons. It's already been days since the ladies event. It's extremely disturbing.

cooper

Medalist
I would like to see one link where Yuna got death threats from Mao fans or anyone else on her personal social media account.

Anyway, this abuse and cyberbullying should not be downplayed/dismissed/justified. this abuse and cyberbullying. Being angry over the outcome of a sports event shouldn't blind people to the fact that an athlete's safety is being jeopardized. The judging and cyberbullying have zero to do with each other. I looked at the account again last night and someone posted a message with gun icons. It's already been days since the ladies event. It's extremely disturbing.

in russia?? :eek:hwell:

seriously i'm against cyber bullying.. but the hypocrisy on this thread from both sides are telling..

some of you are acting like saints.. that you never bash anyone in your life.. like sky_fly who talked crap about an athlete's weight..

cheerio2

On the Ice
Yeah right, you are against cyberbullying, except you try to justify it/downplay it all the time.

What does being in Russia have to do with anything? People can't travel to Russia? Also, she can't travel to other countries now?

And I'm pretty sure nobody who has an issue with this here has ever made death threats against anyone. Maybe you think that death threats are normal, but they really aren't.