2013-2014 Programs by Discipline | Page 18 | Golden Skate

2013-2014 Programs by Discipline

hohoho

On the Ice
Anyone know what Osmond is using for music this year? I assume Vipond will choreograph.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
I don't know if this has already been mentioned but Jeffrey Buttle is choreographing Tuktamysheva's LP (based upon what I read on her Instagram).
I hope it will be something more mature (and less hands-shaking ;) ) than Dark Eyes: that was a good program for a young girl debuting in the big competitions, now she needs something more, if she wants to qualify and compete well at the Olympics... Maybe something more passionate, I think that Romeo and Juliet would be perfect for her!

babayaga

On the Ice
I hope it will be something more mature (and less hands-shaking ;) ) than Dark Eyes: that was a good program for a young girl debuting in the big competitions, now she needs something more, if she wants to qualify and compete well at the Olympics... Maybe something more passionate, I think that Romeo and Juliet would be perfect for her!

I also hope it won't be completely dropped after one or two performances and replaced with something like the dark eyes. I really want to see Lisa try a different style and go for something that is easy for her.

BCFigureSkater

Spectator
I might be alone in this, but last year seemed to be the parade of boring classical music. In my opinion every male that skated to something classical that had been beat to death before, didn't have the season they wanted.

I think it would be pretty amazing if this year skaters found new inspiring music to skate to, that shocks the judges and makes the audience take notice. Look at Katelyn Osmond? She blew everyone away because she had upbeat music she actually appeared to enjoy.

ForeverFish

Medalist

Liza does very well with Latin-themed music -- I absolutely adored her SP and FS from 2011-2012 (unfortunately, the old SP lost some of its luster this season when she started struggling with jumps). So I'd personally recommend something sultry, upbeat, and fiery, although I think that the main theme of "A Time for Us" from R&J would also be a good fit for her.

Agree about the shaking hands. I cringed.

vera01

Final Flight

cornell08

Final Flight
Not sure if this was already mentioned but, from Whispering over at FS Universe:
"Pang/Tong's SP: Nocturne from "Lady Caliph",Music by:Ennio Morricone ,performed by Yo-Yo Ma Choreographer: Nikolai Morozov

FS: I dreamed a dream from “Les Misérables” ,Choreographer: David Wilson."

Whats the tally for Les Mis at now? 3? 4? I've lost count. I sort of like this for them though, but I have to say...they better have relevant costumes this time! I swear, they are always costumed like Eastern European ice dancers from the 90s. Please please dress relevantly this time, especially for such a character/story driven piece! I'm still not over their head-scratching yellow/black outfits with all the bells and whistles for POTO 2006.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Not sure if this was already mentioned but, from Whispering over at FS Universe:
"Pang/Tong's SP: Nocturne from "Lady Caliph",Music by:Ennio Morricone ,performed by Yo-Yo Ma Choreographer: Nikolai Morozov

Whats the tally for Les Mis at now? 3? 4? I've lost count. I sort of like this for them though, but I have to say...they better have relevant costumes this time! I swear, they are always costumed like Eastern European ice dancers from the 90s. Please please dress relevantly this time, especially for such a character/story driven piece! I'm still not over their head-scratching yellow/black outfits with all the bells and whistles for POTO 2006.
:no: Except the choreographer, good choices for their last programs!

Macassar88

Medalist
I feel like Pang and Tong will be amazing in whatever they do. It's such a pity that he's injured because I feel like they along with S and S are the only truly artistic pair teams right now.

ffionhanathomas

On the Ice
Buttle's been at Mishin's training camp in Italy. I don't know if he's still there, though.

ETA - It seems he is:

Sarynka‏@Sarynka13h
This morning @MishinCamps @J_Butt is working with @Artur_Gach . Great job!

That sounds great! Would like to see that program, or programs!

LRK

Record Breaker
Recent tweets:

Sarynka‏@Sarynkajuni 27
Today @Tyktamisheva @liis working on her sp choreo using the moves @J_Butt teached her. Wonderful. Bye @J_Butt you made an amazing job!

Jeffrey Buttle‏@J_Butt2h
@Sarynka @Tyktamisheva @liis had a great time choreographing in Pinzolo. Everyone was so welcoming and I ate enough pizza for a lifetime!

vera01

Final Flight

I remember three-Z/B, Chock/Bates and now, P/T.

I wish their choreographer for SP was Wilson. Morozov is far from being the best choreographer.

vera01

Final Flight
Polina Edmunds/Mariah Bell(SP+FS)

From Twitter, via Sylvia

Polina Edmunds
SP:Latin Medley (with bright yellow dress)
FS:"Solveig's Song" and "Morning Mood" from Peer Gynt Suite by Edvard Grieg

Mariah Bell
SP:Spanish/Malaguena
FS:Titanic soundtrack(with sea foam dress)

samson

Medalist
Thanks for sharing! She's a fast little skater. I'm looking forward to seeing how she develops. Someone with such long limbs has great role models right now in Yuna Kim and Carolina Kostner.

I think the choreography could use some refinement, but it's also SO EARLY. The way she zips around it's like a hummingbird.