Marin Honda | Page 22 | Golden Skate

Marin Honda

daphenaxa

Record Breaker
Did you guys see that interview with the seer guy with Marin, Wakaba, Shoma and Satoko and he asked her what kind of men she liked and she said Usain Bolt??

breadstal

Record Breaker
Did you guys see that interview with the seer guy with Marin, Wakaba, Shoma and Satoko and he asked her what kind of men she liked and she said Usain Bolt??

Yeah I did, she said so because they have the same birthday date, she's so random :laugh:

ioanna

Record Breaker
She said she's concealing her feelings and she was asked "what are you hiding". Then she giggled and said "I'm hiding something".

crazykuroneko

Rinkside
She skated clean today and so expressive. I'm really proud of her.
She got higher PCS than Zagitova. So well deserved :luv17:

liv

Record Breaker
How is it that this girl seems to just float across the ice? It seems like she puts no effort into anything. I hesitate to use this word, but nymph is what comes to mind. I am in awe when I watch her on the ice because her presence is so different from anyone else. Wow.

One thing I love is her upper body landing position. It's like there is no stress on her upper body at all and it has nothing to do with landing her jumps. I"m also amazed that you can tell she has physically grown so much, yet you cannot tell if it has affected her that much. I really just love her skating and can see why the Japanese media/public are in love with her already.

Last edited:

breadstal

Record Breaker
Marin :yahoo: You did it, after all these struggles with SP. Another small silver medal, can we ask for small and big golds? :love: She worked so hard with her choreographers on step sequences and it paid off, I think it was my favorite part of her performance, other was loop. Shame about PCS, it's hard to see her getting such a small scores on SS, performance and interpretation that deserved 8s. Still I'm so proud of her and I wish her the best for free :ghug:

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I can't wait to see her turn senior. I love, love, love her packaging. Engaging programs, powerful jumps and a real knack for performance. The best I can describe it, is like...she performs in the moment. With other skaters most of the time you can see that they are thinking. Thinking about the next move. For her it seems like she is committed to the present and the element she is doing at that point. And, of course, she is a stunner. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder but wow...and I love her pigtails. Just so different and so good. I think I'm a fan . ;)

venx

Match Penalty
I CAN'T:
- with this wonderful, amazing, elegant, poised, cheerful, supertalented girl - she takes my breath away every time! :love::dbana:
- with judges robbing her PCS score - ladies and gents, seriously! Open your hearts and let the beauty, that is put right before your eyes, IN! :sad4:

venx

Match Penalty
How is it that this girl seems to just float across the ice? It seems like she puts no effort into anything. I hesitate to use this word, but nymph is what comes to mind. I am in awe when I watch her on the ice because her presence is so different from anyone else. Wow.
I've noticed one moment when she literally floated over the ice instead of gliding. No jump, no StSq, just stroking and she felt like it would be nice to walk in the air... Because why not?! :biggrin:

Last edited:

narcissa

Record Breaker
Beautiful!! So much better than anyone else yesterday. Her choreography actually matches the music, she interprets well, she's smiling the whole time, and her posture was beautiful!! Congrats Marin, now on to the free :yahoo:

Last edited:

ArgieFan

Rinkside
Hi people. I'm other big fan of Marin. I'm fall in love for her beauty, charisma and skill.She enhances any choreo. Regards from Argentina.