Marin Honda | Page 29 | Golden Skate

Marin Honda

Tulipstar

Medalist
This girl has star-quality. And I am not just talking about her skating, but a certain charisma that only a few people have.

I think she's going to become a legend.

mrfarmer

Rinkside
Hi guys. New here.

Compelled to register because I felt I needed to show everyone the jump layout that I feel most competitive for Marin this Olympic season. I'm really a fan of her since Beetlejuice. Alongside Zhenya, Kaetlyn, Satoko, and Zagi (she's legible, isn't she?), she's one of the ladies I am seeing as OGM. IMHO, she's head and shoulders above these ladies artistically, next to Satoko. She just has that effortless quality about her. So without further ado, here's my jump layout for her:

(Elements in parenthesis indicates an alternative)

3Lz (+3Lo)
3F + 3Lo
Second Half:
2A
3F + 3T
3S (+3T)
3S + 2T + 2Lo
2A

She can choose to put the 3Lo on either 3Lz or 3F, and the 3T on the second 3F or the first 3S, although I would prefer for her to do combinations on the harder jumps because that would yield more points in GOE.

What do you guys think?

I actually just want a heart-stopping "last group" on the Olympics this year where every single one of the ladies will skate their best and nobody's a shoe in for the OGM (hi Zhenya! :D)

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
Hi guys. New here.

Compelled to register because I felt I needed to show everyone the jump layout that I feel most competitive for Marin this Olympic season. I'm really a fan of her since Beetlejuice. Alongside Zhenya, Kaetlyn, Satoko, and Zagi (she's legible, isn't she?), she's one of the ladies I am seeing as OGM. IMHO, she's head and shoulders above these ladies artistically, next to Satoko. She just has that effortless quality about her. So without further ado, here's my jump layout for her:

3Lz (+3Lo)
3F + 3Lo
Second Half:
2A
3F + 3T
3S (+3T)
3S + 2T + 2Lo
2A

She can choose to put the 3Lo on either 3Lz or 3F, and the 3T on the second 3F or the first 3S, although I would prefer for her to do combinations on the harder jumps because that would yield more points in GOE.

What do you guys think?

I actually just want a heart-stopping "last group" on the Olympics this year where every single one of the ladies will skate their best and nobody's a shoe in for the OGM (hi Zhenya! :D)

I'm not sure how it is with the ladies but can you repeat the 2A without putting a combination on one of them?

Hannah555

Ava artwork by talented ShampooNeko
Final Flight
I'm not sure how it is with the ladies but can you repeat the 2A without putting a combination on one of them?

As far as I understand, she can

"Repetitions:
Any double jump (including double Axel) cannot be included more than twice in
total in a Single’s Free Program (as a Solo Jump or a part of Combination /
Sequence). Of all the triple and quadruple jumps only two (2) can be executed
twice. If at least one of these executions is in a jump combination or a jump
sequence, both executions are evaluated in a regular way. If both executions are
as solo jumps, the second of these solo jumps will receive 70% of its original Base
Value. Triple and quadruple jumps with the same name will be considered as two
different jumps. No triple or quadruple jump can be attempted more than twice. "

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
As far as I understand, she can

"Repetitions:
Any double jump (including double Axel) cannot be included more than twice in
total in a Single’s Free Program (as a Solo Jump or a part of Combination /
Sequence). Of all the triple and quadruple jumps only two (2) can be executed
twice. If at least one of these executions is in a jump combination or a jump
sequence, both executions are evaluated in a regular way. If both executions are
as solo jumps, the second of these solo jumps will receive 70% of its original Base
Value. Triple and quadruple jumps with the same name will be considered as two
different jumps. No triple or quadruple jump can be attempted more than twice. "

Yep, after I posted the question my curiosity made me go research in ISU documentation and I found that as well, so doubles don't seem to be included in the 'one must be in combination' rule the triples/quads have. As such, two solo 2As should still be given full BV.

breadstal

Record Breaker
Hi guys. New here.

3Lz (+3Lo)
3F + 3Lo
Second Half:
2A
3F + 3T
3S (+3T)
3S + 2T + 2Lo
2A

What do you guys think?

Hello, welcome to GS :laugh: Yes, Zagitova is age-egible. I really like your lay-out but I think it would better to have 2A-3T or 2A-2T-2Lo (the second combo better) because solo 2A don't get high GOEs on them. So other than 3S-2T-2Lo, I think 2A-2T-2Lo would be better also I rather her to have to 3Lo not 3S, so mine would look like that:

3Lz
3F-3Lo
Second half:
2A-2T-2Lo
3F-3T
3S
3Lo
2A

I'm absolutely fine with her doing one of yours though, I just hope she will really bring it all out for seniors debut and Olympics season :yahoo:

Hannah555

Ava artwork by talented ShampooNeko
Final Flight
She said that she's working on 3A. I really feel that next year she will need 3A in order to get to the team. :bow:

mrfarmer

Rinkside
Hello, welcome to GS :laugh: Yes, Zagitova is age-egible. I really like your lay-out but I think it would better to have 2A-3T or 2A-2T-2Lo (the second combo better) because solo 2A don't get high GOEs on them. So other than 3S-2T-2Lo, I think 2A-2T-2Lo would be better also I rather her to have to 3Lo not 3S, so mine would look like that:

3Lz
3F-3Lo
Second half:
2A-2T-2Lo
3F-3T
3S
3Lo
2A

I'm absolutely fine with her doing one of yours though, I just hope she will really bring it all out for seniors debut and Olympics season :yahoo:

Thank you. I hope I'll have a great time here. I like your layout too, seems the more steady option for her. But her Salchow is a thing of beauty, isn't it, that I want to have it in combination. But having two 3F and 3Lo increases her BV doesn't it?

breadstal

Record Breaker
Thank you. I hope I'll have a great time here. I like your layout too, seems the more steady option for her. But her Salchow is a thing of beauty, isn't it, that I want to have it in combination. But having two 3F and 3Lo increases her BV doesn't it?

Yes, 3S is for sure her best jump and it is stunning but 3Lo is great as well, close second. Yeah, less than point difference but everything matters in ladies skating, at the end. I also thought that she could do 3S-3Lo (her training colleague Yuna Shiraiwa was using it in her first junior season) and then but two 3F in second half, one in combo with -3T.

breadstal

Record Breaker
She said that she's working on 3A. I really feel that next year she will need 3A in order to get to the team. :bow:

I don't really see her getting the 3A done, her axel is not really reliable jump but we will see. I would be over the moon if she would have consistent 3A :luv17:

mrfarmer

Rinkside
Yes, 3S is for sure her best jump and it is stunning but 3Lo is great as well, close second. Yeah, less than point difference but everything matters in ladies skating, at the end. I also thought that she could do 3S-3Lo (her training colleague Yuna Shiraiwa was using it in her first junior season) and then but two 3F in second half, one in combo with -3T.

Agreed. With all my heart, I agree. With Marin, no matter how she is heads and shoulders above most senior ladies in terms of artistry, she needs to eke out every single point technically.

3S+3Lo. That's an interesting combination. Is there any clip out there showing she lands it? There's a clip here of her landing 3Lz+3Lo.

mrfarmer

Rinkside
I don't really see her getting the 3A done, her axel is not really reliable jump but we will see. I would be over the moon if she would have consistent 3A :luv17:

If she does land a 3A this year, and is consistent, we will have a very interesting and intense OG. But I can only dream...

breadstal

Record Breaker
Agreed. With all my heart, I agree. With Marin, no matter how she is heads and shoulders above most senior ladies in terms of artistry, she needs to eke out every single point technically.

3S+3Lo. That's an interesting combination. Is there any clip out there showing she lands it? There's a clip here of her landing 3Lz+3Lo.

No, I haven't seen her doing it but I bet she tried it because salchow is so comfortable and reliable jump for her, she for sure once a while is working on combos with it. I remember her doing 3Lz-3Lo twice and 3F-3Lo once, it's on her Instagram. https://www.instagram.com/p/BJwwcM-A5Sd/?taken-by=marin_honda

Yeah, we can just dream and hope, it's all up to her. I know she's capable of doing what we're talking and be in the mix for medals, even Gold ones. There's no one I'm so excited more in figure skating than her right now :luv17:

mrfarmer

Rinkside
No, I haven't seen her doing it but I bet she tried it because salchow is so comfortable and reliable jump for her, she for sure once a while is working on combos with it. I remember her doing 3Lz-3Lo twice and 3F-3Lo once, it's on her Instagram. https://www.instagram.com/p/BJwwcM-A5Sd/?taken-by=marin_honda

Yeah, we can just dream and hope, it's all up to her. I know she's capable of doing what we're talking and be in the mix for medals, even Gold ones. There's no one I'm so excited more in figure skating than her right now :luv17:

But first, she needs to be sent to the OG. The Japanese ladies field is very deep this year. Satoko, Mai, Wakaba...

skateyamada

On the Ice
Guys the latest installment to the Honda sibling's documentary series is up: http://dai.ly/x5p2wa7

Talks about:
Marin's 2016-17 year and also about her training trip in America. Take note: Yuna is practicing 3A and Rika is practice quads while Marin states she doesn't know what training to do/ not a lot of motivation since there is no competitions right now.
Miyu: How she is juggling with both being a figure skater and actress
Sara: Her first year as a novice and her amazing progress with triples. She is close to have 5/6 triples.
Taichi: Finally back from injury. Has landed 2 3A in one program!

tinnychan

On the Ice
She will do 2017 U.S. International Figure Skating Classic (13-17 Sep) and Japan Open 2017 (7 Oct).
https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20170623-00000115-spnannex-spo
This mean that she will exempt from local qualifying event of national. (JO will overlap Kinki Regional and COC will overlap Western Section)

Also, Olympic qualification criteria of Japanese ladies was released.
1st spot - Winner of National
2nd spot - Comprehensive consideration from 2nd & 3rd of National, Top 2 Finisher in GPF , Top 3 in World Standings, Top 3 in Season World Rankings and Top 3 in Season Best

breadstal

Record Breaker
She will do 2017 U.S. International Figure Skating Classic (13-17 Sep) and Japan Open 2017 (7 Oct).
https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20170623-00000115-spnannex-spo
This mean that she will exempt from local qualifying event of national. (JO will overlap Kinki Regional and COC will overlap Western Section)

Also, Olympic qualification criteria of Japanese ladies was released.
1st spot - Winner of National
2nd spot - Comprehensive consideration from 2nd & 3rd of National, GPF Finalist, Top 3 in World Standings, Top 3 in Season World Rankings and Top 3 in Season Best

I'm so ready :love:

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
Marin's new programs are out.

SP: Jealousy, La Cumparsita
FP: Turandot (did she and Shoma have telepathy?)

Source

synesthesia

Final Flight
Country
Germany
In celebration of the Kansai University Education Association's 70th Anniversary Marin attended an exhibition at the university's skating rink together with Satoko Miyahara, her sisters Sara and Miyu, Yuna Shiraiwa and other illustrious Kansai personalities (Daisuke Takahashi, Utako Nagamitsu, Nobuo Sato, Mie Hamada, Yamato Tamura, Noriko Oda):

http://kanmae.com/2017/07/02/宮原知子さん-けがから復帰へ-きょうエキシビショ/

http://m.sponichi.co.jp/sports/news/2017/07/02/gazo/20170702s00079000253000p.html