2014 Cup of China Mens Short Program 11/07 | Golden Skate

2014 Cup of China Mens Short Program 11/07

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States

HanDomi

Record Breaker
I wonder if Nam will attempt quad in SP. I personally think he should. He has nothing to loose against this field, so maybe some risk to fight for the podium and GPF. This jump looks already quite stable for him :yay:

I changed my prediction even when I started to think about this possiblity. Go Nam for podium !

Alba

Record Breaker
I wonder if Nam will attempt quad in SP. I personally think he should. He has nothing to loose against this field, so maybe some risk to fight for the podium and GPF. This jump looks already quite stable for him :yay:

I changed my prediction even when I started to think about this possiblity. Go Nam for podium !

I don't think he needs the quad to medal here. He already got the medal in SA without a quad.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker

I think attempting it could be good strategy. Pitkeev placed ahead of Nam in the Skate America SP despite flipping out of his quad and earning lower PCS. As long as Nam can rotate the quad, even a messy landing is better than no quad at all. (I don't, personally, agree with Pitkeev and Nam's SP placements last time, but that's what the points say).

For him to medal, regardless of quad/no quad, it'll require one of Kovtun/Han Yan to bomb. Which... isn't too infrequent. :think:

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Other than seeing Hanyu's LP (and corresponding costume) I'm also really looking forward to Han Yan's humongous jumps.
-Can Nam get another medal?
-Will we see Kovtun crack a tiny smile?
-Can Hanyu get through a LP without collapsing at the end?

:popcorn:

deedee1

Record Breaker
The first appearance on the Senior circuit for Keiji Tanaka. :) Good luck to him! :yay::party:

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Other than seeing Hanyu's LP (and corresponding costume) I'm also really looking forward to Han Yan's humongous jumps.
-Can Nam get another medal?
-Will we see Kovtun crack a tiny smile?
-Can Hanyu get through a LP without collapsing at the end?

:popcorn:

:laugh:
2nd and 3rd questions are really good. Good luck to Max. Land them quads, baby :biggrin:

TMC

Record Breaker
Just a wee reminder that Eurosport's bumper 7 hour coverage of the Cup Of China continues in 20 minutes with the Men's Short.

Here are some streaming links:

Eurosport 2 International livestream

British Eurosport 2 livestream

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

Thanks CaroLiza_fan!

Eurosport are very good this year with figure skating. They've shown reruns of the previous Grand Prixs every day, sometimes multiple times. And now they're showing CoC for 5 straight hours!

Florencito

Medalist
Misha, Nam and Richie :yay: Would love to have the three of them on the podium, but well, yeah :laugh: I'd be really happy with three good skates today and then tomorrow again. Go boys!

And good luck to everyone else, obvs.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Hm...I wonder if I should stay up. I need some sleep, especially after being sick today. But since I slept all day due to being sick, this is why I'm up now.

Pamigena

Record Breaker
can they please just pick up where the last three ladies left off and then go up from there :slink: that would be nice

Kuan

Final Flight
Hm...I wonder if I should stay up. I need some sleep, especially after being sick today. But since I slept all day due to being sick, this is why I'm up now.

Hmm, then could you really fall asleep now? I couldn´t. My suggestion: get some tee with honey and stay with us. :yes: It heals...:laugh:

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
I second this!

And here's to Han Yan landing his jumps.

Me three! Was impressed with his skate at the 2014 Lombardia where he beat Takahito. :)

Anxious and excited for Yuzuru and his second half quad (not so much the costume ;)).

Hope you feel better Mrs. P.