Sinitsina/Katsalapov future prospects | Golden Skate

Sinitsina/Katsalapov future prospects

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Ouch. And people are thinking that they should separate already....

For me, I think they're just rushing their development. Besides, why would Nikita quit on Vika when he spent his award money on their training? They really need to just talk to each other. Set their own goals and not compare with themselves with the others.

Last edited:

anyanka

Record Breaker
Given how much time, effort and energy the Russian skating feds put into securing Marina as a coach and putting these two up in Michigan to become stars, let's not dismiss them quite yet. But their GP results were not encouraging.

adelia

Record Breaker
Of course not.

What happened today was a result of trying to rush changes between CoR and NHK. New partnerships take time. And it's not just the couple that needs to recognize this but their coach and their Federation. Pushing too hard can cause serious accidents.

gmyers

Record Breaker
I/Z and such teams as c/b and g/p show how teams can be so fast in working well together and maybe this shows s/k might have appeared to work on paper in reality its a last place disaster. I/z medaled. And s/k lift catastrophe. Maybe they need to skip the rest of the competitive season at the least. But the teams future is up in the air.

sses1

On the Ice
There's no way they're going to break up now. When considering the circumstances that got them together, its obvious they basically have to stay together forever or else their reputations will carry a certain stigma and the Fed will look bad too. IMO their team/Fed clearly don't understand how to handle them. It doesn't look like they're on the same page and everyone is picking up on this. They essentially need to go back to square one on everything and learn how to be a TEAM. Its going to be rough but if they do it then they should be fine but if they don't then mistakes will bury them and keep them away from podium contention.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Will they break up? Pfft. Not bloody likely.

I think someone should sit them down and have a candid talk with them. They're mismatched and pushing harder isn't going to make them better matched; it's just going to lead to costly mistakes. And someone should tell Mr K that he really should try not to be so obvious about wanting the spotlight. It's one of the reasons they're so unbalanced as a team.

A little patience and a good deal of hard work I think should work wonders. But again, YMMV.

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
How scared i bet she was going into that rotational lift with her head down after he failed two.

No, They had a crappy competition, No reason to break up.

elif

Medalist
They can't. They had to stick with each other.

If Khokhlova still skating, they could be great team with Nikita. She is smaller, very easy to lift. Her skating skills good too. I think she could have killed both paso doble and free dance. :cool:

fleeting

Queen Anissina
Medalist
No way.

If I'm looking at this in a positive light, the only way they can go from this is up. They do have a lot of potential, and she's clearly improving, which is really good. Their programs looked a lot better (minus the twizzles in the short and the fall in the free) than they did at Rostelecom. They've gotten a lot better than before! I fully believe that they're able to step up to the plate and make everyone eat their words.

In the negative light, hubris would probably keep them from splitting up. They both put a lot on the line to pair up - Victoria didn't even speak English but moved to Michigan out of the blue. Nikita spent prize money on moving and the beginnings of training, as well as dumping his former partner and then having his coach flake out on him afterwards. I might not agree with what they did, but they had guts to do that and they're not going to break up now.

Isn't it funny how the team everyone thought was going to be the leaders are now the intense underdogs?

penguin

On the Ice
Nah, they're still a good team with potential. I'll admit I find the other team (I/Z) more to my liking, but I don't think this team is bad. They just seemed to feel the pressure to push and make a name for themselves, especially after Rostelecom, and they pushed beyond their current capabilities. That said I don't think they'll be challenging the top teams for a little while (at least not as quickly as they want to be) so they have work ahead of them.

elif

Medalist
No way.
Their programs looked a lot better (minus the twizzles in the short and the fall in the free) than they did at Rostelecom. They've gotten a lot better than before!

She lost her foot two time in first 10-15 seconds of the dance. :confused: This is not better, even before big mistakes :slink:

elif

Medalist
Zoueva succcesfully sabotaging Sinitsina/Katsalapov, it is funny :biggrin:
1. She picked spread eagle lift to Katsalapov which he was very very bad with Elena too. Look at his edges in 2011. It was bad at CoR practice, CoR dance event and in NHK too.
2. She wasted all summer time on lunge entry of second lift. They didn't get level4 at CoR probably because he lifted himself to get one foot position. (You have to sustained that pose or change into another difficult pose without any intermediate position.) (Also could be because his thighs are not parallel to ice) In NHK Nikita tried one foot entry on that lift! :eek: It is very hard to lift Victoria on one foot for any male ice dancers let alone Nikita.(His one foot positions are bad like spread eagles too)
3. She also tried rotational lift were Nikita had to rotate Victoria 6 time in 6 seconds. Victoria is not a small girl. Nikita mostly managed only 5 rotation, sometimes last 2 rotations are not count because he spinned same place.
4.She didn't put work on twizzles. Victoria and Nikita didn't grab their blades same time, they didn't lift their arms same time.(or stabile enough to get level) All those things making them losing levels on twizzles. Also I don't think change of side twizzles are good for Nikita. He always had control problem.
5.She hyped them so much we expected sharpest,fastest skates from them. I think that put to pressure on S/K too.

I don't think she did good job on short dance or costumes or expressions/music but those are small mistakes next to big technical mistakes.

Last edited:

peg

Medalist
Aww, you should have left it. It was funny :laugh:

(I was just trying to draw attention to it in case anyone missed it)

gmyers

Record Breaker
Zoueva succcesfully sabotaging Sinitsina/Katsalapov, it is funny :biggrin:
1. She picked spread eagle lift to Katsalapov which he was very very bad with Elena too. Look at his edges in 2011. It was bad at CoR practice, CoR dance event and in NHK too.
2. She wasted all summer time on lunge entry of second lift. They didn't get level4 at CoR probably because he lifted himself to get one foot position. (You have to sustained that pose or change into another difficult pose without any intermediate position.) (Also could be because his thighs are not parallel to ice) In NHK Nikita tried one foot entry on that lift! :eek: It is very hard to lift Victoria on one foot for any male ice dancers let alone Nikita.(His one foot positions are bad like spread eagles too)
3. She also tried rotational lift were Nikita had to rotate Victoria 6 time in 6 seconds. Victoria is not a small girl. Nikita mostly managed only 5 rotation, sometimes last 2 rotations are not count because he spinned same place.
4.She didn't put work on twizzles. Victoria and Nikita didn't grab their blades same time, they didn't lift their arms same time.(or stabile enough to get level) All those things making them losing levels on twizzles. Also I don't think change of side twizzles are good for Nikita. He always had control problem.
5.She hyped them so much we expected sharpest,fastest skates from them. I think that put to pressure on S/K too.

I don't think she did good job on short dance or costumes or expressions/music but those are small mistakes next to big technical mistakes.

Wow. The extreme technical incompetence of Nikita is crazy. How lucky he was to be carried by Elena all those years to their sporadic successes when he wasn't sabataging them wih his incompetence. He has been completely exposed and could never get a partner again! Sinitsina needs to break up the partnership if she wants a future. But I bet that the medals Elena got for Nikita when he didn't mess up so much might always make him appealing to some rich female ice dancer.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
The thread already :laugh2:
OMG. They will be fine! If not this season then next. Maybe :) The only thing I hope they'll do is change their coach.

P.S. People on some russian boards speculating if Nikita will drop Vika and team up with Bobrova :laugh2: The team would be hilarious, and she would kill him at first practice. :biggrin:

MsLiinaLii

Final Flight
No, they will not.
But NHK showed once again how big of a diva Nikita is. After the fall he basically gave up, while Vika tried to keep on going. She is not technically great, but after NHK I do feel sorry for her a little...