Kaetlyn Osmond out for the rest of the season | Golden Skate

Kaetlyn Osmond out for the rest of the season

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Kaetlyn Osmond out for the rest of the season

Excerpts:

Although she was back on the ice, the skater and her coach made the difficult decision to focus on a longer recovery, rather than pushing to compete this winter. It means she will not compete for her third consecutive title at the upcoming 2015 Canadian Tire National Skating Championships in Kingston, Ontario. She also will not be part of the Canadian team at the ISU Four Continents and ISU World Figure Skating Championships later this season....

" ... I’m hoping this break and healing time will set me up for a great season next year."

Tweets from Kaetlyn Osmond @kaetlyn_23

Thank you everyone for all your support helping me recover from my last burst of injuries.
10:04 AM - 5 Jan 2015
https://twitter.com/kaetlyn_23/status/552163745351602178

Sad to not be competing this year. But it'll be a good time to fully heal and be back full strength and better than ever! #IllBeBackBetter
10:05 AM - 5 Jan 2015
https://twitter.com/kaetlyn_23/status/552164113313705984

Last edited:

Weathergal

Medalist
So sorry to hear that. Had been wondering where she was in her recovery. Sincerely wish her the best!

Krunchii

Record Breaker
Her instagram post about it: http://instagram.com/p/xe1qX6y1jQ/

Thank you everyone for your support this year and helping me recover from my last injury. It is sad to say that I will not be ready to compete the remainder of this season. It was a hard decision but for the best. I need this time to heal and prepare for what is in the future. I promise to be back full strength and better the ever. I'll be ready to come back next year and fight through an entire season injury free. Thank you all again. It truly means A lot all your support. It is helping me through this difficult time.

I didn't think she'd recover in time and I'm glad she's not pushing herself too hard to compete this season. There's still a few years until the next Olympics, it's better if she takes it easy so that she'll be 100% next season. I'll wait patiently for her return, she's such a joy to watch.

dress

On the Ice
It's a good decision because she had a very bad fracture. Better take the time to heal properly, and to get back in progressive way to avoid injuries

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Osmond done for the season

Includes a brief recap of Osmond's injury/recovery timeline, e.g.:
On Jan. 3, she did her first public performance at a festival at the West Edmonton Mall, where she was seen doing double Axels.

But her decision is understandable. I wish her the best, and look forward to her return next year.

anyanka

Record Breaker
That sucks, but I hope she takes the time she needs to recover. She is an absolute joy to watch.

makaihime

Final Flight
Too bad we won't see her at Worlds, but its better to take things slow. Hope she has a full recovery!

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Well that is sad. I guess good news to Alaine Chartrand fans but wish it was under happier circumstances.

I was wondering if she would be at nationals as she just started skating again. Was thinking they may still give her a spot at worlds and by then I thought she might be ok. In someways though I am both happy for her and respect her for just saying done now rather than hoping. This way other skaters are not in limbo, and she can just focus on what she needs to focus on. She does not have to wonder and push herself, it is done cleanly for lack of a better way to put it.

LRK

Record Breaker
I'm sad she won't be back this season - but glad that she isn't pushing herself, and that she is making a wise decision. She'll be all the more welcome back next season. Get well, be strong, and come back with renewed fire, Kaetlyn. :)

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It is the best possible decision. Kaetlyn couldn't have had the jumps to contend for the title, and it would have been unfair to the top Canadian ladies to prop her up with inflated PCS scores. It would have been even worse to send her to Worlds, where she would have foundered in the mid teens and possibly have incurred further injury. This way, she will have ample time to rest, heal, and gradually regain all her jumps without any pressure.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Oh, so sad :cry: It fearfully reminds me of Alissa and Kiira... but Kaetlyn's still young after all, she can still have at last another 4-5 years of successful competitions ahead of her! Best of luck to her :cheer2:

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
It's good she's not pushing herself while not ready. She can come back strong and fully recovered next season.

salchowx4

On the Ice
Guess that makes Chartrand the favorite now. How high will the PCS boost be at this nationals for her? LOL.

Seriously though, hope Osmond has a full recovery.

emma

Record Breaker
Sorry to hear this, but I echo the sentiments already expressed and am glad she is taking the time to heal fully and properly. Here's hoping she has a fully recovery and we get to see her next season!

lyndichee

Medalist
I'm sad to not see her this season but happy that she is not pushing herself too much. She needs time to rest and I hope that she doesn't injure herself again.

sk8hrd

Rinkside
Guess that makes Chartrand the favorite now. How high will the PCS boost be at this nationals for her? LOL.

Seriously though, hope Osmond has a full recovery.

Why would this make Chartrand the favourite now? Head to head Gabby has come out on top almost every time. She beat Alaine at Thornhill in the short, she beat her at the last two nationals and Daleman has had higher TES than Chartrand. Yes Chartrand has higher technical content than Daleman on paper but she has yet to skate clean (not saying Daleman has either). If you look at all of Chartrand's FS programs she has yet to skate one clean with no multiple URs. Chartrand was also lucky in Russia that they did not call her 3T in the short UR. She has UR her 3T in the short in Thornhill, SLC, Autumn Skate (in Ottawa) and SCI.

It's going to be close between these two, but I would but Daleman on top.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
It's hard to say who will come out on top between Chartrand and Daleman. Chartrand got a huge boost with a well-earned GP medal this year. I think it will be Daleman who takes it though.

Very sad to hear about Osmond though. Hope she recovers well for next season. She's still very young and taking care of her injury will only help her in the long run.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Several things I agree it was the best for Osmond under the unfortunate circumstances. still I was hoping for a miracle. Canada is looking to be in trouble now on holding two spots. The two Canadians could hold on but it will be tough with 3 Japanese ladies, 3 Russian and 3 Americans likely to be head plus most likely Korpi, a French lady, a Georgian lady, one or two Chinese ladies and a Korean skater all likely to challenge top 12. When I heard she was only doing doubles recently I knew it was game over at least for Nationals. Now I wonder if Adelina will do the same - the girl just had her cast taken off not long ago. I also wonder about Hanyu but he seems to be very lucky - somehow I think he will be okay. I appreciate though Kaetlyn's sunny disposition but this does create a huge void for Team Canada though a wonderful opportunity for some Canadian lady to get a title. It does not bode well for Canada to hold on to two spots. It wouldn't surprise me if Dalemen gets say 12th but the second lady doesn't make it to skate the freeskate.