Laurine Lecavelier | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Laurine Lecavelier

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
Laurine skated in the gala at Coupe du Printemps. She performed to Madonna's "Frozen" and wore the costume with one leg that she wore for her original SP (to "Shining Silver Skies") this season at Lombardia. After a beautiful 2A, she fell and popped a jump.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Laurine's free skate from yesterday. She looked so much happier and more confident than at Europeans, and improved on her FS score by 3 points even with simpler jump content (eg another 3-2 combo), and her overall score by about 9 points, so I think all around we can call this a very good return to competition for her, and a great preparation for Worlds. :yahoo:

Not all of the jumps worked out for her in the FS, but on the 3Lz2T, 3Lo and second 2A in particular I saw the same strong axis and secure landing as in the SP. Keep it up, Laurine, your hard work is paying off!

likevelvet

#Bless this mess
On the Ice
Country
United-States
I love Laurine and can't wait for her to kill it at Worlds! So glad she got the spot and the opportunity to go. I want her to do so well. She's been so much more consistent and lovely as ever this season.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Laurine will be leading off Group 5 in the short program tomorrow (tonight? today? When the time zones are unfriendly like this I never know quite how to phrase it). Wishing her all the best and an SB score!

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
Laurine will be leading off Group 5 in the short program tomorrow (tonight? today? When the time zones are unfriendly like this I never know quite how to phrase it). Wishing her all the best and an SB score!
Can't wait to see Laurine! Lighting candles and sending good vibes! [emoji120][emoji992]

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I'm so happy for Laurine! She had a slightly difficult start to the FS, but if you didn't know she'd planned a combination in the first jump slot you'd never have realised it was more than a step out, and she picked up steam amazingly after the costume change. Her 2A3T was amazing - +2 GOE almost across the board! Everything fully rotated, good secure axis on all the jumps, no falls, fantastic solid-as-a-rock 2A to end with, a season's best score by six points in the FS (and SB overall too), and her best finish at Worlds (up from 18th to 14th in a year!). And best of all, her lovely smile all over the k'n'c!

That's a wonderful end to a difficult year and I hope she's feeling very proud of herself. She's worked so hard, and it's all starting to click in at last and she looks great. Can't wait to see what she does next year!

Here's the B.ESP commentary version of her FS. Enjoy it while it's up!

sakurano

Final Flight
Beautiful 14th place Laurine she sold this Grease despite the mistakes, she fought well and we are proud after a difficult season

Flagstaff

Rinkside
Beautiful 14th place Laurine she sold this Grease despite the mistakes, she fought well and we are proud after a difficult session

She is too. She was just so happy yesterday and so were we ! Great end of season and a wonderful motivation for next year !

greig

Rinkside
Im over the moon for Laurine.What a lovely way for her to end her season.Really looking forward to seeing what she puts together next season.On another note I just had a look at the protocols for the free programme and judge 9 gave laurine 4.75 for interpretation and 5 for skating skills.I dont know what the hell they were watching anyways🤔

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I just had a look at the protocols for the free programme and judge 9 gave laurine 4.75 for interpretation and 5 for skating skills.I dont know what the hell they were watching anyways🤔

One of the side effects of skating in an earlier group, I think. There was a judge at Four Continents who did the same to Elladj Balde for no possible reason other than because he skated in an early group in the SP and I was appalled. In what universe?

But she'll show 'em. Next season will be much better for her, and finishing higher at Worlds this year will help her move up in the standings for next year too, which hopefully will mean later starting groups from the outset (I know it doesn't make a difference at Challenger events, but it does for GPs). They'll start to see what's really there.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Here's a little clip of what looks like Laurine's new exhibition program from the Tournee des Stars Olympiques: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bg9yy1QhN36/?taken-by=amine.bkrn

You'll need to click through to the second clip (the first is P/C). Laurine's number is called 'Another Day of Sun' (I just went and looked it up; it's from La La Land...but it's not too bad actually). And the third clip is Mae-Berenice and Vanessa skating a program together, which looks pretty awesome!

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I just found a new clip of Laurine's SP from the Coupe du Printemps which has a much better angle than the livestream clip did, and not only is it gorgeous, you can really see how good her jump technique is becoming. She used to use a bit of a mule kick to help her get around the second jump in a combination, but here it's just a neat little clip of the toepick against the ice and up she goes, both times (I know the second jump is a 2T here, but when somebody finally puts up her Worlds SP again I'll be looking to see if I'm remembering the same thing there correctly).

Laurine also had a couple of comments listed in the ISU's qick quotes for the Ladies SP and FS. She noted that it's the first time she's skated a clean short program at a World Championships - I hope she's still feeling proud of that! And in her FS comments she said that she'd changed coaches every year during the past Olympic cycle, but now feels that with Kori she's found a place where she can settle and have everything work. And she was happy with her free skate because of how well the audience responded. :)

Four coaches in four years is not an ideal situation to say the least, so it's amazing to think of how much she's accomplished in somewhat disadvantageous conditions!

I also tracked down what I think is the source of the 3A rumours, but didn't think to keep a link - it's a clip on Facebook of Laurine training a 3A in harness with (I think) her previous coach but one. It looked great - she should definitely go for it for real...

ETA: Tracked it down again - it was actually just 9 months ago, and posted on the FFSG Facebook page! Hope that means she really is training it seriously...

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
Laurine also had a couple of comments listed in the ISU's qick quotes for the Ladies SP and FS. She noted that it's the first time she's skated a clean short program at a World Championships - I hope she's still feeling proud of that! And in her FS comments she said that she'd changed coaches every year during the past Olympic cycle, but now feels that with Kori she's found a place where she can settle and have everything work. And she was happy with her free skate because of how well the audience responded. :)

Thanks so much for these links! I'm so glad that she's feeling good training with Kori and that she's looking towards 2022 with a lot of hope. [emoji4][emoji4][emoji4]