Interview with Coach Tsareva-Anna Pogorilaya is healthy again | Golden Skate

Interview with Coach Tsareva-Anna Pogorilaya is healthy again

Tutto

Record Breaker
Interview with Tsareva:

http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/22248.html

Summary:
Choreo Nikolai Morozov, worked at nights, each program took 5 days, no vocals, music is still secret. Both programs are interesting, packed with transitions. The SP is very stylish, the LP has some lyrical moments. There are some ideas re the EX but not done yet.
Working on new combinations, already learnt 3Lo-3Lo. Trying 3A – working progress. At the moment no immediate plans to increase difficulty but in a month – we’ll see. Most important that Anna is fully recovered after the injury.
At present the preparation for test skates, will be showing new programs in entirety.

Link to Anna's interview:

http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/22247.html
Google translation is so funny. When it is says: '' When Nicholas arrived, I took all their wheels, we started to listen to an hour to choose - and undecided. ''
What it actually means is: ''When Nikolai came he brought all his CDs with him, we listened to them for an hour and chose the music''

I hope that it was not that 'The Best in Figure Skating' disc but something original! :)

Last edited:

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Just don't let it be Swan Lake or Carmen. any Lloyd Webber or Russian warhorse pretty pls.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
But wouldn't Anna be able to do an amazing Pas De Duex? I can see it.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
But wouldn't Anna be able to do an amazing Pas De Duex? I can see it.

Nice one I can see it too... as long it is not overly done in figure skating. She need her own signature program, not one that has already been done by someone else.

andromache

Record Breaker
Interested to see if she does the 3Loop-3Loop in competition...I wonder if she'll manage to get it fully credited (since it's so difficult to get full credit on those combos!)

ETA: If she does do it regularly, I hope it doesn't cause any long-term problems. Isn't that combo the reason Tara Lipinski had so many hip issues?

Tutto

Record Breaker
Interested to see if she does the 3Loop-3Loop in competition...I wonder if she'll manage to get it fully credited (since it's so difficult to get full credit on those combos!)

ETA: If she does do it regularly, I hope it doesn't cause any long-term problems. Isn't that combo the reason Tara Lipinski had so many hip issues?

I was surprised to read this too for same reason. Anna's had a string of injuries already. But I guess it is their 'answer' to Liza's 3A

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
I was surprised to read this too for same reason. Anna's had a string of injuries already. But I guess it is their 'answer' to Liza's 3A
3L-3L isn't really the problem, the problem is doing it too often, in training, shows and competitions, that's what Tara Lipinski did. The question is: can Anna have a consistent 3L-3L without doing it too often in training? Hanyu does a lot more jumps in training than Fernandez, but he doesn't seem to be vastly more conistent than Fernandez. But Anna seems to be the sort who can take a lot of pain and still go on ... it's a little disturbing. :drama: I don't think that 3L-3L is worth the trouble under CoP.

Globetrotter

Medalist
3L-3L isn't really the problem, the problem is doing it too often, in training, shows and competitions, that's what Tara Lipinski did. The question is: can Anna have a consistent 3L-3L without doing it too often in training? Hanyu does a lot more jumps in training than Fernandez, but he doesn't seem to be vastly more conistent than Fernandez. But Anna seems to be the sort who can take a lot of pain and still go on ... it's a little disturbing. :drama: I don't think that 3L-3L is worth the trouble under CoP.

I fully agree. Besides a 3R-3R is worth 10.2 in BV. With the recent increase in the BV of a 3T, a 3Lz-3T is now worth 10.3. To me, the 3R-3R is far more difficult to land and ratify, it certainly does not make sense to do it considering that it is worth less than a relatively easier 3Lz-3T. And not to say the sort of stress it adds to the hip.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
For the short program It could make some sense.

a 3R+3R (10.2) with a solo 3Z (6.0) is worth 16.2
a 3Z+3T (10.3) with a solo 3F (5.3) is worth 15.6
a 3Z+3T (10.3) with a solo 3R (5.1) is worth 15.4
a 3T+3T (08.6) with a solo 3Z (6.0) is worth 14.6

I glanced at the results from Skate Canada, Anna's best showing last year, and she did a 3Z-3T and 3R for her short and got an "e" for her flip in the long. Assuming no second half bonus, that would give her a .8 increase from last year in her short.

lyverbird1

Final Flight
Setting aside the difficulty of the programmes, I would love to see Anna project out more when she performs. I find her skating style to be quite introspective and I don't think she connects with the audience in the same way as her teammates and other skaters. I appreciate but don't warmly love her performances (if that makes sense) but am hoping that could still happen!

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I dunno. My favorite program of the year by any singles skater was Anna's "Rise Like a Phoenix" exhibition from Skate Canada.

sabinfire likes it too, so I am not alone.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Spu39dMcLQI

Given the right material, Anna does not just shine, she glows!! I hope Morozov gives her some great programs!

Tutto

Record Breaker
I would not mind Swan Lake actually if the music cuts are unusual. Even if not it is the only warhorse I'd never get tired of.

But I think it is so amusing that a skater asks for fans help to choose music and after 267 posts on her VK and a few pages of suggestions on this forum, then goes & listens to Morozov's CD (probably overused like hell) and picks up the music in an hour. Don't get me wrong it could be a brilliant choice but why I doubt it so much:rolleye: